Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Hello Hockey fans!

This thread is to discuss the then #3 RPI Gopher's phenomenal achievement of losing to then #50 RPI Northeastern Huskies and it's place in the history of our great sport. Now I admit, I'm not quite the statistical fanatic that so many of you are, so I'll just ask-- Has any team ever lost to another team 47 places below it in RPI?

Personally, I'm not aware of any such instance but if it has happened, let's face it, it probably involved the gofers...

At any rate, where does this great achievement rank in the long and storied gofer long story? First? Last? Second only to Holy Cross???

Discuss.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Also - Congratulations to the Huskies on the great win!
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

*yawns*

*grabs popcorn*
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Also - Congratulations to the Huskies on the great win!
        Also - Congratulations to the Badgers on their great win, the first of the season I believe!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Photos from Minnesota's game against Northeastern:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/882983...7649488636086/

Comment

Well they're not named the golden chokers for nothing...

Comment

ya but their entire starting lineup friday was from state of minnesota...beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                ya but their entire starting lineup friday was from state of minnesota...beat that!
                Is that supposed to be a selling point for Minnesota hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                  Is that supposed to be a selling point for Minnesota hockey?

New around here?

Comment

Hello Hockey fans!

This thread is to discuss the then #3 RPI Gopher's phenomenal achievement of losing to then #50 RPI Northeastern Huskies and it's place in the history of our great sport. Now I admit, I'm not quite the statistical fanatic that so many of you are, so I'll just ask-- Has any team ever lost to another team 47 places below it in RPI?

Personally, I'm not aware of any such instance but if it has happened, let's face it, it probably involved the gofers...

At any rate, where does this great achievement rank in the long and storied gofer long story? First? Last? Second only to Holy Cross???

Discuss.
                    Ahhh yes.

The idle ramblings of a bitter fan whose team has fallen to a depth that not even the Gophers have - nor ever will - attained.

And remember, Wisco, envy is a deadly sin.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Also - Congratulations to the Badgers on their great win, the first of the season I believe!
                      Thanks, but while you and I are celebrating the overachieving Badgers, let's remember the great number of gofer fans who will find themselves unable to move beyond the embarrassment of this gigantic failure. What about them? Has Lucia even checked to see if the suicide hot lines are well staffed?
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Thanks, but while you and I are celebrating the overachieving Badgers, let's remember the great number of gofer fans who will find themselves unable to move beyond the embarrassment of this gigantic failure. What about them? Has Lucia even checked to see if the suicide hot lines are well staffed?
                        The suicide hot lines are staffed by former Badger hockey fans that are fleeing Wisconsin hockey.

They provide the voice of experience that things could be much, much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                          The suicide hot lines are staffed by former Badger hockey fans that are fleeing Wisconsin hockey.

They provide the voice of experience that things could be much, much worse.
                          Well Badger fans are wonderful people so I'm not surprised they'd want to help, just as I am. Nor am I surprised gofer fans would want to spend so much time talking about Wisconsin Hockey at a time like this. It's completely understandable. But really it's just best to buck up and accept that Eveleth will be calling for the pucks from this game so they can be properly enshrined in the newly planned 'Gopher Implosion Collection' at the Hall.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Well Badger fans are wonderful people so I'm not surprised they'd want to help, just as I am. Nor am I surprised gofer fans would want to spend so much time talking about Wisconsin Hockey at a time like this. .
                            Umm, ahh, nobody wants to talk about Badger hockey.

Not Wisconsins largest newspaper, or television.

Not the fan base that's fallen farther than the hockey team (who thought that would be possible, huh?)

Not Barry Alverez

And given your recent interest (obsession?) with Gopher Hockey, certainly not you.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                              Umm, ahh, nobody wants to talk about Badger hockey.

Not Wisconsins largest newspaper, or television.

Not the fan base that's fallen farther than the hockey team (who thought that would be possible, huh?)

Not Barry Alverez

And given your recent interest (obsession?) with Gopher Hockey, certainly not you.

Comment

Working...
                              X