PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Wisko McBadgerton
12-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Don't flatter yourself. You didn't even use the right smiley....

I was worried about copyright infringement. You guys strike me as probably being litigious ********.

D2D
12-05-2014, 01:47 PM
My three "It's" for the day:

1. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Badgers will have to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA's.
2. It's nearly a forgone conclusion that the Gophers will be in the NCAA tournament no matter how they do in the conference tournament.
3. It's simple math, really. Better players + better coaching + better fan support = better program.

ScoobyDoo
12-05-2014, 02:02 PM
My three "It's" for the day:

1. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Badgers will have to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA's.
2. It's nearly a forgone conclusion that the Gophers will be in the NCAA tournament no matter how they do in the conference tournament.
3. It's simple math, really. Better players + better coaching + better fan support = better program.

They have more NCAA titles. Everything else is in our flavor.

Tiggsy
12-05-2014, 02:06 PM

NCAA titles, yes. National titles, no.

Where's JDUBBS when you need him? :D

cross cheque
12-05-2014, 02:11 PM
This thread is just a huge slap in the face to Holy Cross and I will not sit by and watch that injustice unfurl!

SanTropez
12-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Remember the good old days when becky was losing to a converted club team... I guess that wasn't the "old" days, that happened much more recently.

Edit: My memory is going, must be the paint thinner fumes from sconny seaping over to the good side of the river.

mnstate0fhockey
12-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Agreed. And to be serious for one second, I do feel good about the kids we have this year and have coming in.

If more don't jump ship.

I know we're probably keeping you from trying to blow sunshine up your fan base's arse in your season thread, but I still feel the need to remind you that you are SECOND TO LAST in the Pairwise standings (a feat of mediocrity I don't EVER remember the Gophers being in at this point in a season).

In the last 20 years you trail us on win percentage (.632 to .567), Conference Championships (6 to 1), NCAA Appearances (14 to 11), Frozen Fours (6 to 2), National Championships (2 to 1) and Hobey Winners (2 to 1). You are tied with us on Conference Tourney Championships (4 to 4), so congrats on that.

I am sure you are super duper stoked about your future classes (something we have accepted as a norm), and the fact that you follow a program that is relevant MAYBE every 4 years or so lately, but I fail to see what high ground you stand on that makes you think your trash talking is ANYTHING but comical?

Do tell.

Tipsy McStagger
12-05-2014, 02:44 PM

What flavor is that?

Gurtholfin
12-05-2014, 02:48 PM
NCAA titles, yes. National titles, no.

Where's mnstateOfhockey when you need him? :D

He's here - been posting in this thread.

Gurtholfin
12-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I am sure you are super duper stoked about your future classes (something we have accepted as a norm), and the fact that you follow a program that is relevant MAYBE every 4 years or so lately, but I fail to see what high ground you stand on that makes you think your trash talking is ANYTHING but comical?

Do tell.

He's roped plenty of you, which was his goal.

So... he won.

mnstate0fhockey
12-05-2014, 02:52 PM

So... he won.

Which was my original point, it's all he (you all) really have at this point.

If that's "winning", no thanks.

Tipsy McStagger
12-05-2014, 02:56 PM
JOCKSTOCK back in the news?

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/matters-record-dec-4-2014

Sad stuff.

SanTropez
12-05-2014, 02:58 PM

So... he won.

Some see the rope and don't care.

gopher wes
12-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I was worried about copyright infringement. You guys strike me as probably being litigious ********.
Then don't pretend like you actually fooled anyone if you weren't even bold enough to use the right smiley! :p LOL!

4four4
12-05-2014, 03:21 PM
It's funny how the old WCHA rivals are still living in the past. They need to move on and create new rivals in their own leagues the old rivalries are already wearing off rather quickly.

gopher wes
12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
It's funny how the old WCHA rivals are still living in the past. They need to move on and create new rivals in their own leagues the old rivalries are already wearing off rather quickly.
No way! It's way more fun to complain about the new conferences and pretend like they might magically change back.

Wisko McBadgerton
12-05-2014, 04:12 PM

It seems to me very unlikely that someone with my high intellect, fine character, and superior breeding would stoop to anything so bourgeois.

SanTropez
12-05-2014, 04:20 PM
It seems to me very unlikely that someone with my high intellect, fine character, and superior breeding would stoop to anything so bourgeois.

Must be an expensive brand of thinner you sconnies drink.

Wisko McBadgerton
12-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Must be an expensive brand of thinner you sconnies drink.

You can say that again. You wouldn't believe what high demand has done to the price!

Go4PuckFan2.0
12-05-2014, 04:57 PM

So... he won.

Quite to the contrary.

This thread has served two purposes:

It's allowed Gopher fans to realize that despite the many challenges facing the Gopher hockey program, things could be far, far, worse.

We could be Wisconsin Badger Hockey fans.

And second, it's provided a welcome forum to poke fun at the dumpster fire that is Wisconsin Badger hockey.

So, thanks to Wisko McB for providing the Gopher fan base with a spot for some levity.