Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Actually, no. The Gophers are not in his Top 10, so free fall would be an accurate term. Instead of frothing at the mouth over what BigAl said, you probably should've actually read what was in the link, huh?
    The Gophers are 8th in the rankings linked, which come from one guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      The Gophers are 8th in the rankings linked, which come from one guy.
      Hmmm, I probably should've actually read what was in the link, huh?
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Trolling is easier when the details are left out
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          Yeah, with Brock Boeser. Seems he's in a celebratory mood lately...
          Don't stop him, he's rolling.

Comment

Lol.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Someone grab a rag Dirty wet his pants again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
                Someone grab a rag Dirty wet his pants again.
                I missed you, Ty.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I missed you, Ty.
                  Don't we all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Don't we all.
                    If there is one thing that Gopher and UND fans, nay, all college hockey fans, can unite on, it's a fondness for JockStock

Comment

Well what do you know... Tyler got his internet privileges back.

Comment

The one thing that did amuse me in this thread was the couple of posters who read the title and just naturally assumed this was the regular gofer season thread. On the other hand, the Huskies lost 5-1 to Providence on Tuesday and are right back to #50 so I suppose it's understandable.

Should the goofs get handled this weekend against # 44 in East Lansing, they might as well just move in here permanently!
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Hey, I like this thread. We get to talk about Gopher Hockey, which is always awe inspiring, yet leave all the line juggling and who makes a better third line winger mumbo-jumbo out of it. Rah!
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            The one thing that did amuse me in this thread was the couple of posters who read the title and just naturally assumed this was the regular gofer season thread. On the other hand, the Huskies lost 5-1 to Providence on Tuesday and are right back to #50 so I suppose it's understandable.

Should the goofs get handled this weekend against # 44 in East Lansing, they might as well just move in here permanently!
                            Split on the road, sweep at home.

That's the mantra.

Either way, come Monday, the Gophers are relevant.

Come Monday, the BADgers will be as irrelevant then as they are today.

And will remain so for the Rest. Of. The. Year.

Now be gone with you and your team that brings a new meaning to BAD hockey. I laugh in the general direction of Madison.
                            :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              I'm not sure how effective ripping a team like Northeastern is when they are still pretty far above yours. But I guess that is what happens when you are stuck at one win and still at the bottom of the rankings with elite company of American International. Oh wait... even they have more wins then bucky. How many weeks has bucky been at the bottom now? They should feel right at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                I'm not sure how effective ripping a team like Northeastern is when they are still pretty far above yours. But I guess that is what happens when you are stuck at one win and still at the bottom of the rankings with elite company of American International. Oh wait... even they have more wins then bucky. How many weeks has bucky been at the bottom now? They should feel right at home.
                                Nobody is "ripping" on Northeastern. In fact I congratulated them in my very first post and they do have some quality players like Kevin Roy that I think quite highly of. But I'll concede you do have a point in that I could have titled this thread as Northeasern Hockey: Greatest Statistical Upset in History? (which I still believe it is) But that just seems like much less fun to me.

I'm not sure how Bucky's standing plays into it, and while there are two or three threads additional threads started by gophers to discuss the Badgers shortcomings so far, I don't mind discussing it here if you guys insist. Bucky isn't at the bottom, AIC is below us in RPI and rightfully so. I feel confident in saying the Badgers could beat them in a weekend series. Probably. Niagra might be a different story...

But unlike the goofs, we haven't lost to a lower ranked team all season! And I certainly expect that overachieving trend to continue.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X