Minnesota @ Michigan State : 12-5 & 12-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Michigan State : 12-5 & 12-6

Minnesota travels to play at Michigan State this Friday and Saturday, game times are 6PM central and 4PM listed for Saturday. Fox Sports Detroit (live)\FSN Plus Tape delay for TV Friday and FSN Plus and BTN2GO listed for Saturday.

Discuss

Edit: BTN2go is listed for Friday as well, hopefully that will let us watch live.
    Last edited by Driftryder; 12-01-2014, 10:26 AM.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan State : 12-5 & 12-6

What time is the tape delay on Friday? Are we gonna get hooked up with the FS Detroit feed here in MN or are we just gonna have to wait for the tape delay?

Don't know much about MSU. Just seen some of their scores on the CHN app and it seemed pretty hit or miss IIRC.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

MSU has played some tough teams and hung very close to them, @BU (lose 1-0) @Mass-Lowell (lose 2-1) and BC (lose 3-2). The Gophers will need to play hard and smart this weekend if they want pts.
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Gophers always seem to have troubles at Munn. Split.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

The eye test says we're better than last year. The record, however, says we're the same.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            The eye test says we're better than last year. The record, however, says we're the same.
            I have felt exactly the same. I have been predicting that our record starts catching up and then we **** a brick at Princeton.

Nevertheless, I think we split. I think Hildebrand has a big weekend.

Comment

So does no one know what the tape delay is? I need to record the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                So does no one know what the tape delay is? I need to record the game.
                I have Comcast and my program guide is showing a 10:30PM start on Channel 963 (HD).
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

2 ties on tap!
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...120314aae.html

The No. 3/6 Gopher Hockey program plays its final series of 2014 this weekend to kick off the Big Ten Conference schedule, traveling to Michigan State for a pair of league games. Minnesota (8-4-0 overall, 0-0-0-0 Big Ten) and Michigan State (5-8-0, 1-1-0-0 Big Ten) open the series on Friday night at 6 p.m. CT and close out the weekend on Saturday at 4 p.m. CT.

Tight Fights with the Spartans
                    The Gophers averaged 3.49 goals per game last season, but the Maroon & Gold struggled to find the net in 2013-14 against Michigan State -- scoring just eight goals in four games. In fact, all four games between the two teams were incredibly close (2-2 ovetime tie at MSU, 3-2 win at MSU, 2-2 overtime tie at home, 1-0 win at home). Minnesota is 105-43-14 all-time against Michigan State (43-26-7 on the road) and 5-2-3 in the last 10 games. Seven of the last 10 games have been decided by a goal or less. Kyle Rau (3-2--5) and Christian Isackson (2-3--5) are the active leading scorers against the Spartans while Adam Wilcox owns a 3-0-2 record against this weekend’s opponent.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      I still find it hard to believe that the Big Ten won its matchup against Hockey East, given the fact that most if not all the other BIG schools are so down compared to where they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        I still find it hard to believe that the Big Ten won its matchup against Hockey East, given the fact that most if not all the other BIG schools are so down compared to where they should be.
                        Well, we didn't let Wisconsin play in it this year. (unless their series vs BU counts later)

Not like State did much either, though. We went 2-5.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

(unless their series vs BU counts later)
                          My understanding is that the series is officially over.

Not like State did much either, though. We went 2-5.
                          My impression though is that your team is showing improvement as of late. Historically our series has featured very competitive games, and there's no reason to believe things will be any different this weekend.

Comment

We are improving, but seem bipolar. Our best weekend was probably when we played UML/BU, and we lost both of those. Outside of that, it's been one great game and one awful game each weekend.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              I have Comcast and my program guide is showing a 10:30PM start on Channel 963 (HD).
                              I have xfinity and it seems to be live at 6pm on channel 724
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                              X