Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Michigan (11/28, 11/29)

Discuss.

I think that I got the dates correct this time.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Michigan (11/28, 11/29)

Let's keep the undefeated streak of two going!
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      Let's keep the undefeated streak of two going!
      There is also our all-time 7-3-1 record vs. Michigan to defend.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        There is also our all-time 7-3-1 record vs. Michigan to defend.
        Only three other teams have winning records (at least I think this is still the case): Minnesota, Denver, and #26.

Comment

After seeing only 11+ minutes of the third period of the UNH game-I only hope we could play more games on the big sheet of ice. When given that bit of extra room, you can really see the difference in speed between a couple of our forwards and the rest of the college world. I had seen Melanson skate often before but never on Olympic sized ice. Although he did not score against UNH tonight, he did get off 6 SOG and set up many others. It is kind of difficult for opposing teams to exert much offensive pressure when they have to worry about skating backwards at full speed just to keep up with him. When Nanne gets back(and i hope it is for this coming weekend) we can put those two together again.
          Any comments about the experiment of skating Luke up front? I only saw the late part of the game and he got called for two penalties. One probably undeserved. And the other definitely not deserved. Finally, that loss against QU which very easily could have been a tie looms large right now. We could be at an even .500 for the season and a point higher in the ECAC standings.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Michigan started this season by losing five of their first seven games.

More recently, they swept a pair from AIC and split two with Penn State. Penn State won on Friday night, 3-2, and Michigan won on Saturday, 8-1. So Michigan's record is now 5-6, pretty comparable to RPI's 6-7-1.

Coach Red Berenson (yes, he's still there) said his team has been inconsistent this season but he believes their best hockey is ahead of them. That 8-1 shellacking they put on a Nittany Lions team that had been playing very well is an indication that the Wolverines can be formidable when they have their act together.

Comment

Get ready to be told that your sisters are slutty after you score your second goal. I have no clue what it means, but it must be a Michigan thing. Maybe it's Pure Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                Get ready to be told that your sisters are slutty after you score your second goal. I have no clue what it means, but it must be a Michigan thing. Maybe it's Pure Michigan!
                Didn't hear it five years ago when we were up 2-0 despite being outshot 15-3. Wouldn't bother me anyway; I have no blood related sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                  No, it's not after "the 2nd goal". After any goal the opposition scores there is always an "Ugly Parents" chant. Variations of that are made depending on who is sitting in the visiting players section such as "Ugly girlfriends", "Slutty sisters", and the far less common (because we get kicked out for it) "flamin'boyfriends"...
                  Last edited by UMICH; 12-01-2014, 09:40 PM.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

don't forget the occasional '**** grandma' after an opposing goal.

late to this thread as i was out of town for the weekend. glad michigan is starting to catch up on the all time record vs. rpi

the other team with a winning record vs. um is penn state

the scores show a tale of two very different games, for anyone that saw the games were they as different as the score would indicate?
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

i can't post sxy?
                      it's a compliment!
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

late to this thread as i was out of town for the weekend. glad michigan is starting to catch up on the all time record vs. rpi

the scores show a tale of two very different games, for anyone that saw the games were they as different as the score would indicate?
                        #26, Minnesota, and Denver also have winning records, and Air Force is 500.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Forgot about that one.

+1
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Only three other teams have winning records (at least I think this is still the case): Minnesota, Denver, and #26.
                            Actually there are five active programs: Cornell (3-4-1) , Denver (36-46-1), Minnesota (118-131-15), Penn State (3-4-0) and RPI (5-7-1). There are three other programs that are tied with Michigan: Air Force (1-1), Dartmouth (3-3)-whom the Wolverines have not played since 1979, and Northeastern (3-3).

I imagine that the Wolverines will venture out to Troy in the near future to return the series favor.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Actually there are five active programs: Cornell (3-4-1) , Denver (36-46-1), Minnesota (118-131-15), Penn State (3-4-0) and RPI (5-7-1). There are three other programs that are tied with Michigan: Air Force (1-1), Dartmouth (3-3)-whom the Wolverines have not played since 1979, and Northeastern (3-3).

I imagine that the Wolverines will venture out to Troy in the near future to return the series favor.
                              Next year, Michigan will play one game in Troy and one in Schenectady. Union will play two at Michigan the following season. So, this is not one for one.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X