Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Michigan (11/28, 11/29)

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Actually there are five active programs: Cornell (3-4-1) , Denver (36-46-1), Minnesota (118-131-15), Penn State (3-4-0) and RPI (5-7-1). There are three other programs that are tied with Michigan: Air Force (1-1), Dartmouth (3-3)-whom the Wolverines have not played since 1979, and Northeastern (3-3).

I imagine that the Wolverines will venture out to Troy in the near future to return the series favor.
    I thought vs. Union is 0-1-0?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Next year, Michigan will play one game in Troy and one in Schenectady. Union will play two at Michigan the following season. So, this is not one for one.
      Excellent. I hope it's a weekend I can go. Maybe I'll finally get to see a game in an ECAC rink (they are sorely lacking from my signature).
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Excellent. I hope it's a weekend I can go. Maybe I'll finally get to see a game in an ECAC rink (they are sorely lacking from my signature).
        Without actually looking through all of RPI's game results, I think that the last time Michigan was in Troy was for the RPI Holiday tourney in 66-67 which ended in a 6-6 tie. I was home for break and remember listening to that game through a lot of static on a radio. They also where at an earlier RPI Holiday Tourney while Berenson was playing. IIRC he holds the record for goals scored in the tourney.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph - Michigan was in for 2 in 83-84 or 84-85.... the second game ending in a mini-brawl after Michigan got frustrated in getting their *sses kicked 2 night in a row. Addesa called out Red in the papers afterwards...
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            Ralph - Michigan was in for 2 in 83-84 or 84-85.... the second game ending in a mini-brawl after Michigan got frustrated in getting their *sses kicked 2 night in a row. Addesa called out Red in the papers afterwards...
            How soon I forget, and we returned in 85-86.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I thought vs. Union is 0-1-0?
              That is true. It wasn't listed in the archive. It was a solid thrashing also, 6-3 IIRC. N'eastern did the same thing the night before, 4-1. It was an awful Thanksgiving weekend that season, 2011-12.
              Last edited by streaker; 12-06-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Next year, Michigan will play one game in Troy and one in Schenectady. Union will play two at Michigan the following season. So, this is not one for one.
                We owe Union a return visit; I'm sure the following season Michigan will go back to Troy to finish, similar to arrangements made with BU.

Comment

We owe Union a return visit; I'm sure the following season Michigan will go back to Troy to finish, similar to arrangements made with BU.
                  That would be nice if it really was even, but I am pretty sure that Seth Appert said
                  14-15 RPI 2 @ Michigan
                  15-16 Michigan 1 @ RPI & 1 @ Union
                  16-17 Union 2 @ Michigan
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That would be nice if it really was even, but I am pretty sure that Seth Appert said
                    14-15 RPI 2 @ Michigan
                    15-16 Michigan 1 @ RPI & 1 @ Union
                    16-17 Union 2 @ Michigan
                    Doesn't mean a future visit won't happen. The B1G schedule makes a ton of room for non conference games.

Comment

Doesn't mean a future visit won't happen. The B1G schedule makes a ton of room for non conference games.
                      I agree that there could be another visit to Troy and Schenectady. It just wasn't mentioned by SA.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                      X