PDA

View Full Version : Sioux vs Omaha you keep your tribal name we'll keep ours

Pages : [1] 2

MAVFANJEFF
11-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Good luck up there it should be exciting.

darker98
11-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Should be a good series. I'll go with the split. Omaha Friday and Sioux Saturday.

icehawk
11-26-2014, 06:57 AM
The Blazer comes back to his old stomping grounds. Looks like he has the Mavs off to a good start. Unfortunately they will leave the Ralph with 2 losses. 4-2 and 3-2.

burd
11-26-2014, 07:23 AM
The Blazer comes back to his old stomping grounds. Looks like he has the Mavs off to a good start. Unfortunately they will leave the Ralph with 2 losses. 4-2 and 3-2.

Dean Blais the Coach will probably get a split. Dean Blais the Myth will win at least three this weekend.

icehawk
11-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Dean Blais the Coach will probably get a split. Dean Blais the Myth will win at least three this weekend.

;)

BigAl
11-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Game of the week: http://q30television.com/2014/11/25/breaking-down-uscho-com-mens-hockey-poll-112414/

MAVFANJEFF
11-26-2014, 09:54 PM

Blais trying to earn his raise. Does anyone know how much it costs to watch the game online?

Red Cows
11-26-2014, 10:18 PM

UNO, .500 all time in the Ralph that includes the worst ever beating of UMD in that building.

MplsSioux
11-27-2014, 01:33 PM
UNO, .500 all time in the Ralph that includes the worst ever beating of UMD in that building.

They beat Duluth at the Ralph?! That IS impressive...

Red Cows
11-28-2014, 03:35 AM
They beat Duluth at the Ralph?! That IS impressive...

Too much egg nog with rum in it when I typed that one! :eek:

One of my favorite recaps in school history, though:

http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=135111&DB_OEM_ID=31400&ATCLID=208640508

The last two paragraphs are the best.

Plus, this game featured the first and only 6 on 3 power play goal I have ever seen and the only one in UNO history.

UNO's still standing team record 4 power play goals in a period during the 2nd period of this game is a record that is likely to stand for awhile. Note to disinterested bystanders here: That was not all the scoring UNO did in that period, either. During one of the odd moments of the 2nd period of that game where the Sioux didn't have somebody sitting in the penalty box, we managed to get an even strength goal in there, too.

What a nice game we had there in our first ever game at the Ralph, with their former Head Coach at the helm. :D

burd
11-28-2014, 01:34 PM
What a nice game we had there in our first ever game at the Ralph, with their former Head Coach at the helm. :D

We Sioux fans are relieved our program got all the big wins out of Dean while we had him. Still a good looking car, but we ran the engine pretty hard during those years. Wasn't our job to look under the hood for you.

Red Cows
11-28-2014, 01:47 PM
We Sioux fans are relieved our program got all the big wins out of Dean while we had him. Still a good looking car, but we ran the engine pretty hard during those years. Wasn't our job to look under the hood for you.

In fairness to North Dakota, for which I have enormous respect for, this was one of the great games in the "history" (such as it is) of our program and I couldn't resist a little fun with it.

I imagine it is probably just a blip on the overall radar of North Dakota fan. If I were North Dakota fan, I'd fart in our general direction as well. I am certain that a sizable contingent of your fanbase wonders what the hell we're doing in the NCHC in the first place, since we easily have the least hockey legacy of any team in the conference. By a ton.

burd
11-28-2014, 01:58 PM
In fairness to North Dakota, for which I have enormous respect for, this was one of the great games in the "history" (such as it is) of our program and I couldn't resist a little fun with it.

I imagine it is probably just a blip on the overall radar of North Dakota fan. If I were North Dakota fan, I'd fart in our general direction as well. I am certain that a sizable contingent of your fanbase wonders what the hell we're doing in the NCHC in the first place, since we easily have the least hockey legacy of any team in the conference. By a ton.

Legacy schmegacy. Legacy did Minnesota no good against Union last spring.

Any Sioux fan who is not stoned or stupid will expect grade A hockey from UNO this weekend. Should be some fun hockey to watch.

Red Cows
11-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Massa was superb, again and UNO remains unbeaten in road play so far this season.

darker98
11-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Was a good game. I do have to add that they were cleaning the ice so I went outside for a smoke. When I came back in the game was over. Enough evidence for me that shoot outs are worthless!

willythekid
11-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Massa was superb, again and UNO remains unbeaten in road play so far this season.

Massa played very good but while he seemingly was always in good position, he left quite a few big rebounds. Of course, if UND is not in position to bury said rebounds they do them no good.

omahasioux1
11-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Incredible series. Parody in college hockey at its highest point ever this year.

SJHovey
11-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Incredible series. Parody in college hockey at its highest point ever this year."Parody" in college hockey was when CC played Wisconsin.

MAVFANJEFF
11-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Looking forward to the Sioux playing down here.

omahasioux1
11-29-2014, 11:49 PM
"Parody" in college hockey was when CC played Wisconsin.Come on!