PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Hockey 2014-2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nappyvalley
11-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Lifelong hockey fan, played from childhood up through high school (and still in rec leagues). Penn State alum 2009. Regularly attended our club games as a student and had a blast, but always dreamed of them going D-I. Sucks it had to wait until after I graduated, but I'm excited about the future nonetheless. I live four hours away now but am trying to get up to a few games each year.

Last year I got to travel up for my first game at Pegula Ice Arena, on Thanksgiving weekend -- a valiant effort and narrow defeat at the hands of eventual national champions Union. Had a great time; the new arena is a beauty. My buddy and I even got to go on the new ice during intermission to shoot for prizes. I hit the board and won a hoodie and a puck. Hell yeah. We should be able to pull in some quality recruits with those facilities and hopefully contend in coming years.

I looked through all the pages and saw all the team threads but saw none for Penn State, so I'm starting it. Umm yeah, not sure what else to say for now. We stand at 6-2-2, already almost matching our win total from all of last season. Excited to drop the puck on our B1G schedule with the series at Michigan this weekend! I'm thrilled we got a split from UMass-Lowell last weekend, our first win against a top 5 opponent. We're getting some votes in the rankings. Really hoping we can maybe crack the rankings sometime this season.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Lifelong hockey fan, played from childhood up through high school (and still in rec leagues). Penn State alum 2009. Regularly attended our club games as a student and had a blast, but always dreamed of them going D-I. Sucks it had to wait until after I graduated, but I'm excited about the future nonetheless. I live four hours away now but am trying to get up to a few games each year.

Last year I got to travel up for my first game at Pegula Ice Arena, on Thanksgiving weekend -- a valiant effort and narrow defeat at the hands of eventual national champions Union. Had a great time; the new arena is a beauty. My buddy and I even got to go on the new ice during intermission to shoot for prizes. I hit the board and won a hoodie and a puck. Hell yeah. We should be able to pull in some quality recruits with those facilities and hopefully contend in coming years.

I looked through all the pages and saw all the team threads but saw none for Penn State, so I'm starting it. Umm yeah, not sure what else to say for now. We stand at 6-2-2, already almost matching our win total from all of last season. Excited to drop the puck on our B1G schedule with the series at Michigan this weekend! I'm thrilled we got a split from UMass-Lowell last weekend, our first win against a top 5 opponent. We're getting some votes in the rankings. Really hoping we can maybe crack the rankings sometime this season.

Welcome!

Looking forward to watching the PSU program grow.

nappyvalley
11-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Welcome!

Looking forward to watching the PSU program grow.

Thanks! And I'm looking forward to posting with you fine folks. Here's to another great hockey season.

marsisol
11-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Finally, a Penn State thread! Hopefully we can get some chatter going. Great win last night, McAdam made some amazing saves.

nappyvalley
11-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Finally, a Penn State thread! Hopefully we can get some chatter going. Great win last night, McAdam made some amazing saves.

Yeah! Was wondering if I was the only fan here. I didn't get to see last night's game but I tracked it on my phone, and now just watched the replay. McAdam really did. And that toe drag + shot on the 3rd goal by Bailey was just sick. Let's get the sweep tonight!

nappyvalley
12-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Halfway through the season, Penn State is sitting on top of the B1G :cool:

Ok, so 4 or less games have been played, and 2 of ours were against Wisconsin (sorry Wisconsin). But hey, still didn't expect that to be the case on this date. I'll take it.

Penn State 3 1 0 0 .750 9 13-14 9 4 2 .667 52-39 5 0 1 4 3 0
Michigan 2 1 0 0 .667 6 18-7 8 6 0 .571 57-41 7 2 0 1 4 0
Michigan St 1 2 1 1 .375 5 6-12 5 9 1 .367 32-40 2 4 1 3 5 0
Minnesota 1 0 1 0 .750 4 8-3 9 4 1 .679 48-30 5 1 0 2 3 1
Ohio State 1 2 0 0 .333 3 7-11 5 9 1 .367 38-48 2 6 0 3 2 1
Wisconsin 0 2 0 0 .000 0 4-9 1 10 1 .125 21-41 1 4 1 0 3 0

So I know it's way too early to talk about this, but curious what's the board's opinion: Do we have a legit shot of making our first tourney here in our third season?

#1collegehockeyfan
12-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Congrats PSU. first place. Way to go.

Driftryder
12-10-2014, 02:44 PM
So I know it's way too early to talk about this, but curious what's the board's opinion: Do we have a legit shot of making our first tourney here in our third season?

You are sitting at #16 in PWR right now, not sure how many more NC games you have but winning those will be huge, you will want to be sitting at #12 PWR or higher at the end of the season.

There is always winning the B1G tourney to get in as well.

nappyvalley
12-10-2014, 08:04 PM
You are sitting at #16 in PWR right now, not sure how many more NC games you have but winning those will be huge, you will want to be sitting at #12 PWR or higher at the end of the season.

There is always winning the B1G tourney to get in as well.

Over the holidays we have the tourney in Pittsburgh -- so one against Robert Morris, then one against Colgate or W. Michigan, so that's a big weekend for sure. Then later we have a series against Northern Michigan and a single game against Vermont

ExileOnDaytonStreet
01-16-2015, 11:49 PM
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/556233181750235136

Stay classy, Happy Valley. Way to support the enabling scumbags.

state of hockey
01-16-2015, 11:56 PM

A rare moment in which I am bummed that fighting is out of the college game. It would be great to see a team throw their bruisers out there to pound these creeps' dicks into the dirt.

Critical Thinker
01-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Best comment:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Are they gonna put the # of Sandusky victims on those shirts and helmets too? They should! <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs">@dennisdoddcbs</a></p>&mdash; Ramie Makhlouf (@RamieIsTweeting) <a href="https://twitter.com/RamieIsTweeting/status/556238797948858368">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Friar Away
01-17-2015, 08:52 PM

I saw that on another website and I was shocked. The Cult of JoePa knows no boundaries in Happy Valley so I guess it shouldn't be shocking but it's still certainly sickening. How long until the statue is restored to glorify one the greatest enablers of child rape this side of Cardinal Bernard Law?

bigblue_dl
01-19-2015, 08:28 AM
I saw tweets about the helmet sticker this weekend, and it literally made me feel sick to my stomach. Penn State hockey should be ashamed. I have no respect for anyone with anything to do with your university. Seriously, **** off and die. :mad:

Biddco
01-19-2015, 09:22 AM
The tweets to their hockey twitter account was pretty brutal. I just can't believe they would honor a man who looked the other way at such a crucial time.

UMICH
01-19-2015, 06:31 PM
I support your pride in JoePa. Sandusky was scum, JoePa didn't really know anything about it and what he did know he reported to Curley/Spanier. They are the real villans (after Sandusky). I respect Penn State even if the Sandusky incident is a very ugly mark. There may not be any excuse for Sandusky but Penn State as a whole should not suffer. Current students have nothing to do with it.

boblav1
01-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Penn State AD calls '409' decals 'inappropriate and insensitive' (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24977850/psu-ad-calls-409-decals-inappropriate-and-insensitive)

ExileOnDaytonStreet
01-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Penn State AD calls '409' decals 'inappropriate and insensitive' (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24977850/psu-ad-calls-409-decals-inappropriate-and-insensitive)

FWIW, after that tweet was made, the basketball team didn't wear a patch (or thing on their shirt or whatever it was going to be). So a credit to them, for whatever you think that's worth.

To me... it's not worth much, since it's too late and the reaction to Paterno's restored wins tells us all we need to know about what this cult really is and what they truly value.

bigblue_dl
01-20-2015, 07:38 AM
I support your pride in JoePa. Sandusky was scum, JoePa didn't really know anything about it and what he did know he reported to Curley/Spanier. They are the real villans (after Sandusky). I respect Penn State even if the Sandusky incident is a very ugly mark. There may not be any excuse for Sandusky but Penn State as a whole should not suffer. Current students have nothing to do with it.

I am not surprised that you feel this way. You seem like the kind of person that would sympathize with people that put football ahead of rape victims.

dxmnkd316
01-20-2015, 07:40 AM

JoePa could have made one call to the media. One. And this would have been over. Buy he was a gutless piece of **** and figured his program was more important than child rape.