Penn State Hockey 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State Hockey 2014-2015

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Lifelong hockey fan, played from childhood up through high school (and still in rec leagues). Penn State alum 2009. Regularly attended our club games as a student and had a blast, but always dreamed of them going D-I. Sucks it had to wait until after I graduated, but I'm excited about the future nonetheless. I live four hours away now but am trying to get up to a few games each year.

Last year I got to travel up for my first game at Pegula Ice Arena, on Thanksgiving weekend -- a valiant effort and narrow defeat at the hands of eventual national champions Union. Had a great time; the new arena is a beauty. My buddy and I even got to go on the new ice during intermission to shoot for prizes. I hit the board and won a hoodie and a puck. Hell yeah. We should be able to pull in some quality recruits with those facilities and hopefully contend in coming years.

I looked through all the pages and saw all the team threads but saw none for Penn State, so I'm starting it. Umm yeah, not sure what else to say for now. We stand at 6-2-2, already almost matching our win total from all of last season. Excited to drop the puck on our B1G schedule with the series at Michigan this weekend! I'm thrilled we got a split from UMass-Lowell last weekend, our first win against a top 5 opponent. We're getting some votes in the rankings. Really hoping we can maybe crack the rankings sometime this season.

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Lifelong hockey fan, played from childhood up through high school (and still in rec leagues). Penn State alum 2009. Regularly attended our club games as a student and had a blast, but always dreamed of them going D-I. Sucks it had to wait until after I graduated, but I'm excited about the future nonetheless. I live four hours away now but am trying to get up to a few games each year.

Last year I got to travel up for my first game at Pegula Ice Arena, on Thanksgiving weekend -- a valiant effort and narrow defeat at the hands of eventual national champions Union. Had a great time; the new arena is a beauty. My buddy and I even got to go on the new ice during intermission to shoot for prizes. I hit the board and won a hoodie and a puck. Hell yeah. We should be able to pull in some quality recruits with those facilities and hopefully contend in coming years.

I looked through all the pages and saw all the team threads but saw none for Penn State, so I'm starting it. Umm yeah, not sure what else to say for now. We stand at 6-2-2, already almost matching our win total from all of last season. Excited to drop the puck on our B1G schedule with the series at Michigan this weekend! I'm thrilled we got a split from UMass-Lowell last weekend, our first win against a top 5 opponent. We're getting some votes in the rankings. Really hoping we can maybe crack the rankings sometime this season.
    Welcome!

Looking forward to watching the PSU program grow.

Comment

Re: Penn State Hockey 2014-2015

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
      Welcome!

Looking forward to watching the PSU program grow.
      Thanks! And I'm looking forward to posting with you fine folks. Here's to another great hockey season.

Comment

Finally, a Penn State thread! Hopefully we can get some chatter going. Great win last night, McAdam made some amazing saves.
        Last edited by marsisol; 11-22-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marsisol View Post
          Finally, a Penn State thread! Hopefully we can get some chatter going. Great win last night, McAdam made some amazing saves.
          Yeah! Was wondering if I was the only fan here. I didn't get to see last night's game but I tracked it on my phone, and now just watched the replay. McAdam really did. And that toe drag + shot on the 3rd goal by Bailey was just sick. Let's get the sweep tonight!

Comment

Halfway through the season, Penn State is sitting on top of the B1G

Ok, so 4 or less games have been played, and 2 of ours were against Wisconsin (sorry Wisconsin). But hey, still didn't expect that to be the case on this date. I'll take it.

Penn State 3 1 0 0 .750 9 13-14 9 4 2 .667 52-39 5 0 1 4 3 0
            Michigan 2 1 0 0 .667 6 18-7 8 6 0 .571 57-41 7 2 0 1 4 0
            Michigan St 1 2 1 1 .375 5 6-12 5 9 1 .367 32-40 2 4 1 3 5 0
            Minnesota 1 0 1 0 .750 4 8-3 9 4 1 .679 48-30 5 1 0 2 3 1
            Ohio State 1 2 0 0 .333 3 7-11 5 9 1 .367 38-48 2 6 0 3 2 1
            Wisconsin 0 2 0 0 .000 0 4-9 1 10 1 .125 21-41 1 4 1 0 3 0

So I know it's way too early to talk about this, but curious what's the board's opinion: Do we have a legit shot of making our first tourney here in our third season?

Comment

Congrats PSU. first place. Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
                So I know it's way too early to talk about this, but curious what's the board's opinion: Do we have a legit shot of making our first tourney here in our third season?
                You are sitting at #16 in PWR right now, not sure how many more NC games you have but winning those will be huge, you will want to be sitting at #12 PWR or higher at the end of the season.

There is always winning the B1G tourney to get in as well.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  You are sitting at #16 in PWR right now, not sure how many more NC games you have but winning those will be huge, you will want to be sitting at #12 PWR or higher at the end of the season.

There is always winning the B1G tourney to get in as well.
                  Over the holidays we have the tourney in Pittsburgh -- so one against Robert Morris, then one against Colgate or W. Michigan, so that's a big weekend for sure. Then later we have a series against Northern Michigan and a single game against Vermont

Comment

https://***********/dennisdoddcbs/st...33181750235136

Stay classy, Happy Valley. Way to support the enabling scumbags.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

A rare moment in which I am bummed that fighting is out of the college game. It would be great to see a team throw their bruisers out there to pound these creeps' dicks into the dirt.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Best comment:

BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I saw that on another website and I was shocked. The Cult of JoePa knows no boundaries in Happy Valley so I guess it shouldn't be shocking but it's still certainly sickening. How long until the statue is restored to glorify one the greatest enablers of child rape this side of Cardinal Bernard Law?

Comment

I saw tweets about the helmet sticker this weekend, and it literally made me feel sick to my stomach. Penn State hockey should be ashamed. I have no respect for anyone with anything to do with your university. Seriously, **** off and die.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The tweets to their hockey twitter account was pretty brutal. I just can't believe they would honor a man who looked the other way at such a crucial time.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X