PDA

View Full Version : Penn State/Arizona State - which will have the bigger impact?

Pages : 1 [2]

Shirtless Guy
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Just a gut feeling that there will be a domino effect to a limited degree.

There are 1%ers out there with money to donate who want to leave legacy behind. The question will eventually be asked, "Why not us?"

I know many will doubt that this is possible, but 5 years ago, who saw PSU coming? Who really believed that ASU would happen till yesterday?

More will follow.I think you're right to a point. It's a combination of PSU forcing the B1G formation and ASU joining that could kickstart other B1G programs because there will be more "names" in the game to attract fans. There still seems to be the stigma that your average B1G fan won't care about the rich history of teams they don't recognize like North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, Denver, Colorado College.

Patman
11-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Just a gut feeling that there will be a domino effect to a limited degree.

There are 1%ers out there with money to donate who want to leave legacy behind. The question will eventually be asked, "Why not us?"

I know many will doubt that this is possible, but 5 years ago, who saw PSU coming? Who really believed that ASU would happen till yesterday?

More will follow.

I agree but I think it's more a boomer generation thing. Gonna be a lot of rich boomers looking to leave a legacy. Ironically id bet a new arena would be cheaper than a state of the art academic building.

Uconn just had a guy donate 15 mil for soccer.

Terry Switzer
11-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Too busy watching Gophers lose to Union again.

joecct
11-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Too busy watching Gophers lose to Union again.

Funny, I've been watching them lose to Clarkson. :)

I think you're right to a point. It's a combination of PSU forcing the B1G formation and ASU joining that could kickstart other B1G programs because there will be more "names" in the game to attract fans. There still seems to be the stigma that your average B1G fan won't care about the rich history of teams they don't recognize like North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, Denver, Colorado College.

There is a danger that too many FBS schools will tip the financial balance and force the little guys out of D-1.

Vooter
11-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Here ya go--check out the video:

http://www.huskyicehockey.com/view/washingtonhusky

If nothing else, the unis are cool... :D

UMICH
11-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Funny, I've been watching them lose to Clarkson. :)

Funny, I watched them LOSE to the under-18 team.