Arizona State Moving To D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
    I don't see that being more tempting than the NCHC or Big10 but it probably jumps ahead of the WCHA
    So trips to Alaska and the UP are not going to happen for ASU.

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

I'lll ask it again, only louder this time. Let's say asu joins the nchc, then where are the women going to play?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I'lll ask it again, only louder this time. Let's say asu joins the nchc, then where are the women going to play?
        Asu is adding a women's team too?
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
          Asu is adding a women's team too?
          They have to add something on the women's side because of title IX, and I thought they announced hockey as the choice?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            They have to add something on the women's side because of title IX, and I thought they announced hockey as the choice?
            It's women's lacrosse, rowing, or field hockey as the title IX balance team. Nothing specific has come out in that realm yet. Lacrosse and rowing were the two mention in the original announcement and field hockey I've heard has also come up.
            Last edited by SunDevilBob; 02-14-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Unless there has been an announcement I missed, the last I heard was ASU was exploring which women's sport to add. That being said, I would expect they would select a less expensive sport than women's hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Serious committment? This is the same league that accepted such prestegious schools as Western Michigan and Jan Brady State U. Two schools that have a COMBINED ONE NCAA win between them.
                SCSU has 4 NCAA wins thank you very much...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                  So trips to Alaska and the UP are not going to happen for ASU.
                  ASU will play at Lake Superior State. But why worry about facts in your posts.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    ASU will play at Lake Superior State. But why worry about facts in your posts.
                    I believe we will also be going to the Kendall Classic in Anchorage. So we will be going to both areas but not necessarily going to be in a conference with Alaskan teams.
                    Last edited by SunDevilBob; 02-15-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I believe we will also be going to the Kendall Classic in Anchorage. So we will be going to both areas but not necessarily going to be in a conference with Alaskan teams.
                      How many NCHC teams are on the schedule in the next couple years? Any?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        SCSU has 4 NCAA wins thank you very much...
                        Forgot about their runs in 2013 and 2014. I just remembered that at the time of begging... I mean acceptance into the NCHC, both schools combined for just one NCAA win.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                          How many NCHC teams are on the schedule in the next couple years? Any?
                          Schedule hasn't been released, just a couple of leaks. I think Minnesota-Duluth, Wisconsin, and Michigan are the other games known.

Comment

Schedule hasn't been released, just a couple of leaks. I think Minnesota-Duluth, Wisconsin, and Michigan are the other games known.
                            Great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                              Distant third from ASU's point of view. One of the first things I heard after the team announced the D1 move is that it would not go to a conference with Alaska teams in it. But if the people here know more then the people I know involved with the program and the Big Ten and NCHC aren't trying to "woo" ASU and we aren't impressive enough for them then it would be fairly likely I guess.
                              If ASU really thinks they are going to join the Big Ten, they clearly didn't do their homework.

I am glad ASU is adding hockey, but I already don't like their attitudes. Seriously, they are already saying they are too good for Alaska teams? They think they should be in the Big Ten? it's as if ASU already thinks college hockey's survival depends on them.
                              Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Everything the Big Ten does is based on grand strategic plan with wide reaching member benefits. Each member is evaluated on its impact on the overall national brand, NCAA leading network, top rate academics, and unique CIC agreements. Only one school ever has been invited as a special case, John Hopkins. What did it take for JHU to join? The creation of a new Lacrosse league for the conference for starters. But a bit more about JHU from wiki...it's the first research university in the Western Hemisphere and one of the founding members of the American Association of Universities, Johns Hopkins has ranked among the world’s top universities throughout its history. The National Science Foundation has ranked the university #1 among U.S. academic institutions in total science, medical, and engineering research and development spending for 31 consecutive years. Johns Hopkins is also ranked #12 in the U.S. News and World Report undergraduate program rankings for 2014 and was ranked 11th in the U.S. News and World Report Best Global University Rankings of 2014, outranking Princeton University, Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, and Cornell University. Over the course of almost 140 years, 36 Nobel Prize winners have been affiliated with Johns Hopkins (the first was U.S. President Woodrow Wilson, who received his Ph.D. in history and political science from the university). And with the CIC, the potential of this for the B1G is significant and signals what it takes to get into the conference.

I would bet large sums of money that no hockey school will be invited on its own...not North Dakota, not Denver, and not ASU.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X