Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are there any fans of ASU who post here?
    Not a fan, but with 10 years in the ACHA I'm pretty familiar with the program and Coach Greg Powers.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Yep. Mix of ACHA and NCAA opponents next season, 15-16 (similar to UAH's schedule a few years ago?) and full NCAA opponents in 16-17. With conference acceptance and conference play starting in 17-18.

I wonder how many teams tripped over themselves trying to contact ASU for non-conference scheduling in the next two years...
      That was the same game plan for PSU until the B10 decided to start the conference a year early.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Are there any fans of ASU who post here?
        At least one here. I'd guess that more will appear over time as the program gets going. Probably not many USC or Texas A&M hockey fans posting here either right now, given that they don't have programs either. Give it time.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Chase View Post
          Anyone else find it strange that they are not going out and getting a new coach? Would have to think lots of guys would be interested.
          I don't --- Greg Powers is a very good coach and I think that he could handle the varsity program. JMHO

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          At least one here. I'd guess that more will appear over time as the program gets going. Probably not many USC or Texas A&M hockey fans posting here either right now, given that they don't have programs either. Give it time.
          I hope so Bob -- sure has happened with PSU "fans".
          Last edited by SteveP; 11-19-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            I don't --- Greg Powers is a very good coach and I think that he could handle the varsity program. JMHO

I hope so Bob -- sure has happened with PSU "fans".
            We'll try to to overwhem y'all!
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Found out on GPL that ASU isn't AAU. So it's going to have to be the WCHA or the NCHC. (as if that wasn't already known.(
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

woo hoo!! welcome to Div I ASU! always glad to see new programs. it enhances all of college hockey.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Found out on GPL that ASU isn't AAU. So it's going to have to be the WCHA or the NCHC. (as if that wasn't already known.(
                  The B1G has been known to make exceptions.

Not that they would end up in the B1G anyway.

Comment

To be fair, one of those exceptions had AAU membership but lost it on what sounds like a disputed rating system. Nebraska, as we have all found out, apparently has a world-class medical system when it comes to infectious diseases. If that was somehow excluded from their ranking, I'd be upset too.

The other was freaking Notre Dame.

As far as I know, ASU is neither of those.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      ASU is better off hiring a high quality assistant coach who has a recruiting background at the Division one level.
                      Oh sure, since it is such rocket science to recruit "at the Division one level".

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                        Oh sure, since it is such rocket science to recruit "at the Division one level".
                        It's not but having connections like Mike Guentzel has would do wonders in Tempe.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Unless there is an exception. It's happened before with the NCHC and Hockey East.
                          The NCHC did not get an exemption. They had enough teams that played together for the amount of years to qualify.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            It's not but having connections like Mike Guentzel has would do wonders in Tempe.
                            I disagree, not just anybody can recruit at the D1 level. It takes a lot skill to find the right mix of kids.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Agreed. I don't understand this idea that recruiting is easy
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                I disagree, not just anybody can recruit at the D1 level. It takes a lot skill to find the right mix of kids.
                                Or you know... he can just stay in charge of the ACHA team(s).
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X