Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/21 - 11/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/21 - 11/22

Ohio State was swept at home by Minnesota this past weekend and now must travel to Grand Forks and try to get points. The Bucks made a valiant effort this past weekend, but lost both games by a couple goals ... 4-2 on Friday night and 5-3 on Saturday afternoon. The Buckeyes should be motivated and hungry for points. This is actually a big series for both teams. Ohio State currently sets in 4th place in the WCHA with 15 points. North Dakota is tied with Bemidji State for 5th with 11 points. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both come out of this series injury-free!

Re: Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/21 - 11/22

The Bucks picked up two points Friday night with a shootout win, then lost today by a final score of 4-3. North Dakota gets four of the six points this weekend. The Buckeyes are currently tied with Minnesota-Duluth for third place in the WCHA with 17 points. North Dakota is two points behind with 15.

Comment

How bad was that hit on the young OSU defenseman on Friday evening! Not sure how long she will be out for but the fact that she seemed to be out cold makes me believe that she will not be back anytime soon. Was the 5 minute major with no suspension enough? The same hit in pro hockey would lead to a suspension without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        How bad was that hit on the young OSU defenseman on Friday evening! Not sure how long she will be out for but the fact that she seemed to be out cold makes me believe that she will not be back anytime soon. Was the 5 minute major with no suspension enough? The same hit in pro hockey would lead to a suspension without a doubt.
        Checked the box after reading this and see Dalen got 5 for kicking and a DQ. Another major for Kohler a short time later. Sounds like a rough one. Hope the Buckeye player is okay ultimately. The "out cold" would have me worried for a concussion injury. If that resulted from a kick then my question might be the same as yours.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          Checked the box after reading this and see Dalen got 5 for kicking and a DQ. Another major for Kohler a short time later. Sounds like a rough one. Hope the Buckeye player is okay ultimately. The "out cold" would have me worried for a concussion injury. If that resulted from a kick then my question might be the same as yours.
          The kick and the hit were two separate incidents. The DQ was for the kick and the body check only generated a 5 minute major. Not sure what the status is for the Buckeye player but let's hope for a quick recovery. There has to be a message sent and unfortunately in this case, the wrong message is being sent. the referees let way too much go in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            The kick and the hit were two separate incidents. The DQ was for the kick and the body check only generated a 5 minute major. Not sure what the status is for the Buckeye player but let's hope for a quick recovery. There has to be a message sent and unfortunately in this case, the wrong message is being sent. the referees let way too much go in that game.
            Both calls in my opinion where incorrect. The kick was merely a player laid out on the ice trying to reach for the puck with her hand and inadvertently pushed back to get leverage. It’s my understanding that the official reviewed tape after game and concurred that it was the wrong call but still had the ND player serve the game misconduct. Stated that there was nothing they could do? Seems to me that a player from St. Cloud had similar situation and a reversal was made? Can anyone confirm?

The girl getting knocked out was simply two players skating stride for stride and incidental contact was made and the OS player got too close to the board and hit the turn buckle padding. Only after she lay motionless did they call the 5 minute major. Even if deemed body checking should have only been 2 minutes. My view of the game was that it was neither rough nor out of hand…just too many inconsistent calls. OS was the more physical team but drew fewer calls. Glenn in particular struggled. She made poor call after poor call. Female refs already have a credibility issue (fair or unfair) and she did not do anything to improve this. After the terrible calls she didn’t even have the courage to answer to an obviously displeased ND coaching staff. Not good. In addition, again my opinion… there didn’t seem to be much fight in ND. Given the tragic event earlier in the week the team seemed a little disheartened. wanted to play well for their fallen mate but seemed a little emotionally drained. Head coach had to choke back tears during the post-game press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenfeet View Post
              Both calls in my opinion where incorrect. The kick was merely a player laid out on the ice trying to reach for the puck with her hand and inadvertently pushed back to get leverage. It’s my understanding that the official reviewed tape after game and concurred that it was the wrong call but still had the ND player serve the game misconduct. Stated that there was nothing they could do? Seems to me that a player from St. Cloud had similar situation and a reversal was made? Can anyone confirm?

The girl getting knocked out was simply two players skating stride for stride and incidental contact was made and the OS player got too close to the board and hit the turn buckle padding. Only after she lay motionless did they call the 5 minute major. Even if deemed body checking should have only been 2 minutes. My view of the game was that it was neither rough nor out of hand…just too many inconsistent calls. OS was the more physical team but drew fewer calls. Glenn in particular struggled. She made poor call after poor call. Female refs already have a credibility issue (fair or unfair) and she did not do anything to improve this. After the terrible calls she didn’t even have the courage to answer to an obviously displeased ND coaching staff. Not good. In addition, again my opinion… there didn’t seem to be much fight in ND. Given the tragic event earlier in the week the team seemed a little disheartened. wanted to play well for their fallen mate but seemed a little emotionally drained. Head coach had to choke back tears during the post-game press conference.
              Don't see Dalen in the box score from Sat. so I assume she suffered the DQ even with the officials acknowledgement they got it wrong?
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by frozenfeet View Post
                Female refs already have a credibility issue (fair or unfair) and she did not do anything to improve this.
                Having seen enough of Shepherd, Storey, Elam, Perrault and the brothers Lick over the years, I don't think the problems in officiating are gender related.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                X