Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #2 und @ #16 scsu 11/21-11/22

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Weren't you guys supposed to come up with a new mascot? How about the Sandbags or Sandbaggers?
    You need to spend less time getting tipsy and more time opening a newspaper. Or since I assume you are under the age of 145, perusing the newssites on the Internets. UND currently has a committee to come up with a terrible nickname and mascot. Fingers crossed for the Sillinannies.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      According to this link http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4057372.html North Dakota had 15 meth incidents in 2012. Didn't think there were 15 people in the state
      I saw that, along with a bunch of Minnesota license plates.....
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        You need to spend less time getting tipsy and more time opening a newspaper. Or since I assume you are under the age of 145, perusing the newssites on the Internets. UND currently has a committee to come up with a terrible nickname and mascot. Fingers crossed for the Sillinannies.
        I haven't seen any updates on the nickname recently, and don't care enough to seek them out. I am assuming the same is true for your half-assed mission to find out why the NHC was named after Herb Brooks.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I haven't seen any updates on the nickname recently, and don't care enough to seek them out. I am assuming the same is true for your half-assed mission to find out why the NHC was named after Herb Brooks.
          So even if there was a new mascot and nickname you would be none the wiser because you don't read. Then why even ask the question? Seems sort of foolish.
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So even if there was a new mascot and nickname you would be none the wiser because you don't read. Then why even ask the question? Seems sort of foolish.
            That is what you got from what I typed? Seems likely that YOU don't read.

I read many sites like SBN College Hockey, College Hockey News, and this site. I read the Star Tribune which frequently has information about UND. If there was a big development in the nickname story, those places would likely write something about it. I don't remember seeing anything recently about it. That is why I asked the question. Now I have read your answer that they have a committee. Good to know that they are no closer to a new nickname than they were 2 years ago.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Mikey doesn't like it...

Comment

You're right, they aren't much closer than they were two years ago. That would be because of a moronic state law passed that said UND could not choose a new nickname until 2015, but with your admitted aversion to reading I'm not surprised you are oblivious to this fact.
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                  WTH is up with not being able to use caps in the subject line. Had the same problem today.
                  Most of us can. You and the Whioux U fan who started this thread just can't figure out what's what.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You're right, they aren't much closer than they were two years ago. That would be because of a moronic state law passed that said UND could not choose a new nickname until 2015, but with your admitted aversion to reading I'm not surprised you are oblivious to this fact.
                    They haven't even made progress. I read a couple things on it today and it seems like these stupid meetings they are holding consist of a bunch of UND fans saying that they want to keep the old nickname, even though that isn't an option.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      Mike Tyson doesn't says his Rs like that. He says them like Ws. Your meme is as bad or worse than whatever UND's new nickname will be.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        Good one willy. 👍
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Never been to the National Concrete Center. Do they have big participation ribbons hanging down from where most places have rafters?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Never been to the National Concrete Center. Do they have big participation ribbons hanging down from where most places have rafters?
                            Participation ribbon? If they have a ribbon, it would probably be tough to see, especially next to the conference championship banners from the last two years.

Comment

I thought Mark MacMillan was supposed to be out awhile. Looks like he barely missed any time at all.

Speaking of MacMillan, I wonder if Hakstol has his eyes on any underachieving Huskies this year now that Mitch Mac is gone.

Comment

Participation ribbon? If they have a ribbon, it would probably be tough to see, especially next to the conference championship banners from the last two years.
                                I thought they probably took all those ribbons down to Kinkos and blew them up to banner size.

To go along with those two lonely banners.

Though I have to admit, winning the regular season conference championship, for either the old WCHA or the NCHC, is a real accomplishment. So a hat tip for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X