stranded far far away aboard

NTDP, the rag-tag remnants of

the Badger Alliance struggle for

survival against the Evil Empire.

Carry on.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Does anyone have positives to take from this past weekend? I didn't get to listen to either game.

0-6....At this point going .500 (which was my hope for the season) seems out of reach
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

At least we scored? And got swept by a really good team?

Lowered Expectations aside, "hope " is a fairly disingenuous concept here.
      Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 11-10-2014, 08:00 AM.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        *... and cue music*

With Luke and Opilka-wan

stranded far far away aboard

NTDP, the rag-tag remnants of

the Badger Alliance struggle for

survival against the Evil Empire.

Carry on.
        Unfortunately, you found out the Hakstar is FULLY OPERATIONAL!!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          "hope " is a fairly disingenuous concept here.

Dude, do you even Star Wars?

Try asking Gold Leader's family how that episode went.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Does anyone have positives to take from this past weekend? I didn't get to listen to either game.

0-6....At this point going .500 (which was my hope for the season) seems out of reach
            Positives is they played pretty well on Saturday in an end to end game (especially the 2nd period), before the wheels came off the wagon in the 3rd period. It was a relatively entertaining game.

Jack Dougherty looked good. Kevin Schulze is one of the best skaters I have seen at UW in a long time. Ustaski moves pretty well for a big man. Besse played real well Saturday, throwing his body around. Other Freshman were a mixed bag of looking good and looking lost at times.

Wittchow sounds like a broken finger, so that is going to hurt the D. They can't run Schulze as much as they did this weekend, all year, or he is going to wear down.

Still 0-6 is pretty rotten. Worst start since 1932....
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Dude, do you even Star Wars?

Try asking Gold Leader's family how that episode went.
              Awesome post man. my coworkers think I am nuts as I burst out laughing.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Unfortunately, you found out the Hakstar is FULLY OPERATIONAL!!
                Yeah, slight miscalculation there. I just wish Hak would get over his handshake line issues:

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Positives is they played pretty well on Saturday in an end to end game (especially the 2nd period), before the wheels came off the wagon in the 3rd period. It was a relatively entertaining game.

Jack Dougherty looked good. Kevin Schulze is one of the best skaters I have seen at UW in a long time. Ustaski moves pretty well for a big man. Besse played real well Saturday, throwing his body around. Other Freshman were a mixed bag of looking good and looking lost at times.

Wittchow sounds like a broken finger, so that is going to hurt the D. They can't run Schulze as much as they did this weekend, all year, or he is going to wear down.

Still 0-6 is pretty rotten. Worst start since 1932....
                  Dougherty looked lost both nights. Had quite a few turnovers. People around me said this is well.

Schulze probably played 80 or so minutes this weekend. That can't keep up.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Subscribed

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      I know, right! Why is Eaves not playing Schulze both ways, instead of wasting him on the bench 20 minutes a game!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Rumpel has pretty bad numbers so far (.883 save %), so if he gets back to where he was in previous years that would give you guys some hope. Has he just been struggling or is it the young D in front of him?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Dougherty looked lost both nights. Had quite a few turnovers. People around me said this is well.

I am no expert and I can be a negative nancy as many of you know. But I thought he looked pretty good overall. Sure, he had some turnovers, but overall I liked his play. At least he carried the puck into the offensive zone a few times. You can see the skill and size are there. Heck even Schulze had some turnovers, but his speed allows him to cover some of those up.

Doesn't really matter though, as they lost anyways. Might as well get them playing time so they can get experience as we endure this terrible start.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

I have to admit I'm struggling with this team...the positives are there and no doubt as Ian Perrin said it; "if they didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all" referencing the pipes and barrage they put on the NoDak goalie with no luck. The crossbar shot that dropped straight down but didn't go in...good teams get that puck luck.

I knew, you all knew, this was going to be a tough season with all the freshman but I didn't count on Rumple being average so far. It "seems" like the team as a whole is growing and progressing and able to go toe-to-toe with a great team but they need to find that extra something so they don't collapse when something bad happens in the 3rd period. I know some of it is youth, but the older players leadership and coaching needs to own that and step up.
                            Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                              Rumpel has pretty bad numbers so far (.883 save %), so if he gets back to where he was in previous years that would give you guys some hope. Has he just been struggling or is it the young D in front of him?
                              He has played pretty well this year. Hard to withstand 40 shots a night. Defense has been poor.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                              X