PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52

WiscTJK
01-20-2015, 04:01 PM
I didn't see it.

Can I assume that he was swinging at something/someone else and accidentally hit the ref?

yes, linesman had broke up the scuffle he came back swinging and clocked the linesman

alnike
01-21-2015, 07:54 AM
For this Saturday's game, is the Wisconsin Channel local TV, or available on DirecTV? Thanks.

GB Puck Fan
01-21-2015, 08:45 AM
For this Saturday's game, is the Wisconsin Channel local TV, or available on DirecTV? Thanks.

That is a Wis Public Television sub channel, so should be available with antenna. As for DirecTV, I can't say as I have TWC. (Which does carry it in GB)

wolverineTrumpet
01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Haven't been to Kohl Center since I was in school 10+ years ago during the college hockey showcase over a Thanksgiving break so I feel I didn't get the real experience. Not sure how it will be this year with ya'll having an awful start to the season.

Question, which side of the arena does Wisconsin shoot at twice? (A section # or away/towards student section would help). I just don't want to have to watch my team's lack of defense directly in front of me more than necessary. Thanks.

Almington
01-21-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Haven't been to Kohl Center since I was in school 10+ years ago during the college hockey showcase over a Thanksgiving break so I feel I didn't get the real experience. Not sure how it will be this year with ya'll having an awful start to the season.

Question, which side of the arena does Wisconsin shoot at twice? (A section # or away/towards student section would help). I just don't want to have to watch my team's lack of defense directly in front of me more than necessary. Thanks.

Towards the student section, sections 114/115/116 IIRC. The visiting teams seats are in section 121. Hope this helps.

wolverineTrumpet
01-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Towards the student section, sections 114/115/116 IIRC. The visiting teams seats are in section 121. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

NEWI Badger Fan
01-21-2015, 05:56 PM
For this Saturday's game, is the Wisconsin Channel local TV, or available on DirecTV? Thanks.http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Here is the link:

http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Chuck Schwartz
01-21-2015, 06:50 PM

Here is the link:

I've found the BTN2Go.com stream is usually a higher quality than the Wisconsin channel website, even though it's the exact same thing. Not sure why. The BTN2GO feed is usually 30-45 seconds behind though. I tend to choose the quality.

WiscDC
01-21-2015, 07:36 PM

We should have a good crowd at least on Saturday. This will be just the second weekend this season for which the student section will be at full strength, and there appear to be good ticket sales for Saturday. (Regarding the students, Ferris State was Thanksgiving weekend, Penn State weekend lacked a band (though the students more than picked up the slack on Friday) and there was the B1G football championship, and MTU and BU were during winter break.)

As far as the Wolverines' lack of defense is concerned, their high-powered offense should make up for it. :(

Timothy A
01-22-2015, 01:20 PM
We should have a good crowd at least on Saturday.

It will be a great crowd, I'll be there. ;) Anyway, the boys and I are planning to eat supper on State St. in between the women's and men's games, any recommendations? Chinese/Viet would be the first choice, or a great burger place. Our standard for burgers is 5 Guys (I know it's a chain, but the burgers and fries are the best Jerry, the best!).

Chuck Schwartz
01-22-2015, 01:54 PM
I took a look at some numbers, or something. LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2015/1/22/7869045/wisconsin-hockey-fancy-stats-corsi)

dtrumbower
01-22-2015, 03:37 PM
It will be a great crowd, I'll be there. ;) Anyway, the boys and I are planning to eat supper on State St. in between the women's and men's games, any recommendations? Chinese/Viet would be the first choice, or a great burger place. Our standard for burgers is 5 Guys (I know it's a chain, but the burgers and fries are the best Jerry, the best!).

http://www.dottydumplingsdowry.com/ for burgers.

WiscTJK
01-22-2015, 03:46 PM

Roast Public House (state near Qdoba), Buck and Badger (State near Capitol), Dotty's and my number one - The Old Fashioned (on the square with a great atmosphere) all have great food. Old fashioned burger is the bomb:

The Old Fashioned House Burger-grilled over a live fire and topped with fried onions, Bavaria’s hickory-smoked bacon, aged Cheddar, garlic sauce and a soft-cooked egg on a buttered and toasted roll…….$9.95

I am going to both games as well but only have 2 tix to mens so will have to drop off the others before going to men's game.

Wisko McBadgerton
01-23-2015, 05:55 PM
It's a Great Day for Hockey!!!

To me tonight's game is going to hinge on whether or not Bucky can beat the Ugly helmets forecheck and get out of he D-zone. The formula against the Badgers lately, much like blitzing a young QB in football, has been an aggressive forecheck. If Bucky can get some pucks behind the Wolverines early and make them back off a bit than I think we have a reasonable chance. Unfortunately, the Badgers have been fairly miserable at breaking the puck out, often settling for just chipping it out, or worse, just turning it over to the oncoming rush. Big challenge, but I would guess that most of our players came to Wisconsin to play in big games. Well, here is one, boys!

Let's Go Red!!!

gwhinwi
01-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Dang. Just tuned in and never thought I would have seen this Badger team put up 4 goals this early in the 2nd.

Hope they can keep this up for the rest of the weekend.

gwhinwi
01-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Well, 5 unanswered. Ugh.

XYZ
01-23-2015, 11:46 PM
If Bucky can get some pucks behind the Wolverines early and make them back off a bit than I think we have a reasonable chance

Good call. Didn't just put pucks deep but also put four into the net early and it still didn't matter as six pulls of the Michigan goal slot machine lever later it was yet another embarrassing loss and a shot disparity that ****ty DIII teams would envy.

At some point the cuteness of homeristic, baseless and aimless hope evolves to the point it's nothing but annoying. And embarrassing.

srkbadger
01-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Good call. Didn't just put pucks deep but also put four into the net early and it still didn't matter as six pulls of the Michigan goal slot machine lever later it was yet another embarrassing loss and a shot disparity that ****ty DIII teams would envy.

At some point the cuteness of homeristic, baseless and aimless hope evolves to the point it's nothing but annoying. And embarrassing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would have taken a lower road with "it's time to pull your head out of your ***".

Innova
01-24-2015, 12:14 AM
You wanted to scratch their ears after the first. But then they **** on the carpet again.

UMICH
01-24-2015, 12:17 AM
That's gotta hurt. I seriously feel for you guys, of course not enough so that I hope you win tomorrow. Hopefully Michigan has good goaltending for the entire game tomorrow. Playing responsibly defensively would be nice too (no penalties).