Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ WMU: Nov 14 and 15 Met This Lady in Michigan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ WMU: Nov 14 and 15 Met This Lady in Michigan...

SCSU coming off getting swept at home by Duluth 3-2, 3-1, Western went to Denver and split losing 5-4, winning 6-3.

Since this seems to be a "no WMU fans" zone, anyone else from the SCSU side making the trip to Kalamazoo?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ WMU: Nov 14 and 15 Met This Lady in Michigan...

Don't have a good feeling about this weekend.
    Offense sucks outside the power play, defense is leaking badly and they don't seem to have any fire.
    I hope they prove me wrong, but I'd be thrilled with a split.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      SCSU coming off getting swept at home by Duluth 3-2, 3-1, Western went to Denver and split losing 5-4, winning 6-3.

Since this seems to be a "no WMU fans" zone, anyone else from the SCSU side making the trip to Kalamazoo?
      I can't wait to hear some stories about how you and the Lawson Lunatics mix it up.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Unless we can clone Joey Benik in the next three days, Brodzinski, Kossila, & Prochno are gonna have to get their games back.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Don't have a good feeling about this weekend.
          Offense sucks outside the power play, defense is leaking badly and they don't seem to have any fire.
          I hope they prove me wrong, but I'd be thrilled with a split.
          Thrilled with a split? Wasn't that phrase a signature quote from ex-Huskie coach Dahl? You hit the nail on the head about lack of fire from the Huskies last weekend against tUMD...really surprising. All coaches talk about compete level and SCSU was at a low for the weekend.
          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

WMU is inconsistant but look to be on the verge of being a very strong team.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              I can't wait to hear some stories about how you and the Lawson Lunatics mix it up.
              Here's hoping we make it out of Michigan alive

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Here's hoping we make it out of Michigan alive
                As long as you can handle a little verbal abuse, I think you don't have much to worry about.

While you're in Kalamazoo, make sure to hit the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange. The price of tap beer changes every 15 minutes based on demand. So if a bunch of people order pitchers or Short's White Falcon that price will go higher, while Miller Lite falls because nobody ordered it. Occasionally you'll ever get a market crash when everything drops. They have good beers and it's a great concept that encourages you to try new brews and "play the market".

The Bell's Brewery is also good.

WMU has a home football game against Eastern Michigan on Saturday at 2pm if you want to go outside and get cold watching MAC football.

Enjoy Lawson, if the students show up it can be a fun show. No bad seats, very intimate.

Comment

and apparently, you'll have to keep an eye on the weather.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...incart_m-rpt-2

Thursday Snow showers. High near 33. West northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
                  Thursday Night Snow showers. Low around 28. West northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
                  Friday Snow showers. High near 33. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
                  Friday Night Snow showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

It will likely be worse on the way there once you cross the Indiana-Michigan border.

Comment

Go Broncos!

Kalamazoo is an awesome place to visit, bars and night life will exceed your expectations. They call it Wastern for a reason.

Happy to make recommendations if anyone needs them.
                    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      As long as you can handle a little verbal abuse, I think you don't have much to worry about.

While you're in Kalamazoo, make sure to hit the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange. The price of tap beer changes every 15 minutes based on demand. So if a bunch of people order pitchers or Short's White Falcon that price will go higher, while Miller Lite falls because nobody ordered it. Occasionally you'll ever get a market crash when everything drops. They have good beers and it's a great concept that encourages you to try new brews and "play the market".

The Bell's Brewery is also good.

WMU has a home football game against Eastern Michigan on Saturday at 2pm if you want to go outside and get cold watching MAC football.

Enjoy Lawson, if the students show up it can be a fun show. No bad seats, very intimate.
                      We already planned on doing the Stock Exchange, but the problem is isn't it only starting at 6 pm and only on weekdays? Since the game is at 7 pm, then we should only have a very limited time to see the stock market thing bc we still need to plan enough time to catch a cab to the game.

Comment

We already planned on doing the Stock Exchange, but the problem is isn't it only starting at 6 pm and only on weekdays? Since the game is at 7 pm, then we should only have a very limited time to see the stock market thing bc we still need to plan enough time to catch a cab to the game.
                        I'm almost certain they have a Friday happy hour starting at 3pm. And weekends are always in play, so you should be fine going whenever you want.

Comment

Catching a cab to Lawson shouldn't be a problem, the Beer Exchange is about 8 min from the arena.
                          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                            Catching a cab to Lawson shouldn't be a problem, the Beer Exchange is about 8 min from the arena.
                            The Big ("the Dude") Slubowski has given up 4 after two periods. What's up with that?

Husckeys are waking up after last weekend's sleep walking.

Comment

SCSU only played well, really, for about 15 to 20 minutes, so to get the win on the road is nice but they've got to play much better tonight. The WMU fans kept telling us how our defense was so good, and honestly, I thought they really were last night. A couple times it looked like we were moving the puck and it took a bad bounce and Western's off to the races. Their transition game was really good and that second goal is a hockey coaches' dream set up. Charlie saved our bacon, especially at 4-3, there was a tick-tack pass to the backdoor and a yawning net, somehow Charlie went left to right and made a game-saving pad save.

A little disappointed by the bar scene afterwards, but likely we just ended up at the wrong spots. Had one WMU fan come up to our small group and chastise us for giving Slubowski grief as he skated off the ice, but a dozen or so tell us we were awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X