tUMD and UMTC Home and Home: Winner will be decided in a dive off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD and UMTC Home and Home: Winner will be decided in a dive off

Getting green arrow, but in protest to the lack of smilie!

Game times and channels? Will likely be returning from the deerstand,as bucks are not cooperating yet, so will need to go straight from the hunt to the recliner. Will be another trying weekend for the marriage.....

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Same thing in Minneapolis.
      Need someone to hold your hand as you cross that street?

Originally posted by Koho View Post

Game times and channels? Will likely be returning from the deerstand,as bucks are not cooperating yet, so will need to go straight from the hunt to the recliner. Will be another trying weekend for the marriage.....
      Queue up that VCR of yours, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        The only difference between Duluth & Superior is you can buy beer in Superior on a Sunday.
        This fact, along with knowing the split between east and west avenue numerical progressions in Downtown Duluth is Lake Avenue, is all one really needs to know to live in the Twin Ports.

"I'm at First Street and First Avenue.....must be at the nexus of the universe...."
        tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post

7pm both nights and FSN+ both nights, I believe.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            7pm both nights and FSN+ both nights, I believe.
            Correct
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

I know it's only Tuesday but I'm going hockey talk on this bit because I got the itch to get outta town this weekend and it's the only thing I can think a.

tDogs took a bunch of penalties last weekend. The Gophers need to take advantage if tDogs do that again this weekend.

Is it Friday yet?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Why is MN playing full series vs both St. Clooud and Duluth ?
                I thought they only played the odd team out of the Lame Cup in a full series.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Not true. Last year they played home series against Kato and tDogs plus an away series at Bemidji as they were the "left out" team.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    The team that is guaranteed a game against MN in the North Star Cup does not have a series against MN.
                    The team left out of the North Star Cup gets MN to travel to them.
                    The other two teams that play each other in the first game of the North Star Cup travel to MN for a series.

St. Cloud and Duluth opted to do home-and-homes for as much of that rotation as they could instead of full series in 1 location.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      The team that is guaranteed a game against MN in the North Star Cup does not have a series against MN.
                      The team left out of the North Star Cup gets MN to travel to them.
                      The other two teams that play each other in the first game of the North Star Cup travel to MN for a series.

St. Cloud and Duluth opted to do home-and-homes for as much of that rotation as they could instead of full series in 1 location.
                      Very well explained, thanks for adding clarity to what is somewhat confusing for so many. Or in my case someone who didn't remember.

P.S. Those poor Whioux fans must feel really left out.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I'm not quite sure why UMD chose this option. SCSU I can understand since they are half as close as Duluth is to the Twin Cities.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'm not quite sure why UMD chose this option. SCSU I can understand since they are half as close as Duluth is to the Twin Cities.
                          Keeps things more interesting/fans more interested if a team comes into your building consistently, rather than once every 4 years. The current setup amounts to every other year, but that is twice as good as once every 4.

I also think it's a little bit of a smokescreen from the "other" MN schools. They don't like the "2-for-1" deal (and understandably so) and breaking it up into home-and-homes with just the occasional year of both games being played in MPLS obfuscates that deal a little bit.

Comment

Keeps things more interesting/fans more interested if a team comes into your building consistently, rather than once every 4 years. The current setup amounts to every other year, but that is twice as good as once every 4.

I also think it's a little bit of a smokescreen from the "other" MN schools. They don't like the "2-for-1" deal (and understandably so) and breaking it up into home-and-homes with just the occasional year of both games being played in MPLS obfuscates that deal a little bit.
                            Ah but of course. Plus you save on hotels.

2 for 1 deals are the worst (I still like my name for the NSCC; The Glorified Two For One Cup) but I like how we are able to play at the X and against in-state teams every year. It's great having UMD play so close.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Subscribed because it smells like wet dog in here.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Plus you save on hotels.
                                Not for me

Need me some Duluth time!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X