PDA

View Full Version : Merrimack 2014-2015: Anyone?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Murphy
01-01-2015, 10:39 AM
The Boston fans love to act like it is cold in Minnesota -- I was at Frozen Fenway last year -- trust me. Minnesota is not any worse than Boston! Maybe warmer…..

FiveHole12
01-01-2015, 10:47 AM
The Boston fans love to act like it is cold in Minnesota -- I was at Frozen Fenway last year -- trust me. Minnesota is not any worse than Boston! Maybe warmer…..
There is no cold like the cold that comes off the ocean.
I have been at -20º in Montana. It can't hold a candle to +10º in Boston. :eek:

Yuppie Scum
01-01-2015, 07:58 PM

Was going off the impression of a buddy who traveled out there for work over the winter last year. Granted it was pretty bone-chilling up in Burlington over new years a couple years ago..

MCgrad07
01-02-2015, 10:37 PM
wow! I can't be the beat Minnesota

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
01-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Posted in Mariucci Classic thread too but this save is too good to not post on Merrimack thread

Watch this incredible save by Rasmus Tirronen to rob Justin Kloos

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/videos/2015/1/2/7483579/watch-merrimack-goalie-rasmus-tirronen-robs-minnesotas-justin-kloos

Patman
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM

Nothing has been as nasty as a 20 degree windy DC.

OK, when Storrs got to -10 it was a bit tricky... but yeah, moisture content makes a heck of difference.

The Rube
01-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Nothing has been as nasty as a 20 degree windy DC.

OK, when Storrs got to -10 it was a bit tricky... but yeah, moisture content makes a heck of difference.

-20 real temp in MN. -40 windchill. We played boothockey outside for 90 minutes, just because. True story. :)

sterlippo1
01-03-2015, 08:22 AM
wow! I can't be the beat Minnesota

you were so excited that your post made no sense but we hear ya! Great job by Mack. All HE final of Mariucci, nice

Hokydad
01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Good win for program and Hockey East. Helps all trying to get into NCAA tourn. NU did the same....

mnstate0fhockey
01-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Good game guys. Your goaltender is something else. Wish you luck the rest of the season.

HockeyRef
01-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Congrats on your win last night; watched the game to see what this Merrimack team has going on and was very impressed. Great work ethic very strong goal tending. Good luck today v UML. Awesome to see two HE teams in the final! See you the last two games of the season at UNH...

FiveHole12
01-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Go Merry Mack! :cool:

Yuppie Scum
01-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Go Merry Mack! :cool:

Free stream at http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/mariucci2.html for those interested. No audio though

RENCEB
01-07-2015, 12:46 PM
To be honest, the results from the Mariucci Classic were better than I anticipated. Win over the Gophers is huge, especially pairwise moving forward (yes, I understand that they were missing players at the World Jrs. and that Minnesota dominated) but a win is a win!
UML is very tough this year, and Tirronen held them off for the majority of the game.
Warriors giving up a LOT of shots (over 40 in each of their last 3 games). Not a good trend....gotta spend some more time in the attacking end.
Heading down to QU on the 17th to see them play the Bobcats; my daughter and my son-in law are QU grads so it should be fun!

RENCEB
01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Good to get the 1st win in the home & home against the Bobcats. Beautiful pass by Seneny on the Hussar goal. Hope QU goalie Garteig is okay; tough collision on that goal. Warrior continue to be very tough at Lawler. Rematch tonight at QU.

sterlippo1
01-17-2015, 10:13 AM
nice job last night, do it again tonight

sterlippo1
01-18-2015, 06:27 AM
nice job last night, do it again tonight

and Mack delivered.

MCgrad07
01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Great team win last night. The roster has a great balance and timely scoring has been key. Hopefully Merrimack can get a win in its house of horrors, BC, Wednesday.

RENCEB
01-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Made the trip down to QU last night (great rink up on the beautiful new campus). Terrific "team" win as MCgrad07 stated. Outstanding defensive effort staring with the forwards. They never let a very fast, very skilled QU team get a clean breakout. Defense did a very good job of keeping their forwards to the outside, and Delia was solid. Seney is a blast to watch. Tons of speed!

I did get a taste of why so many ECAC followers are not fans of QU coach Pecknold. Commented in his post game that he thought MC's approach to the game, holding, hooking, slashing was (to paraphrase) "...not good for the game". Hey Rand, you do realize that your alter boy Bobcats are 7th in the nation in penalty minutes per game? Wow, that must mean a lot of "delay of game", "too many men on the ice" or "interference" calls. He intimated that MC's style of play had knocked his goalie out of the game, and caused an injury to one of his best d-men last night. Well if going "balls to the wall" is the WRONG way to play, somebody better let Dennehey know, cuz that's the way his guys play.

Yuppie Scum
01-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Awesome weekend! Up to 12th (tied) in the Pairwise. Didn't get to watch, but sounds like it's clicking pretty well right now. Always fun to creep on the opposing team's thread and see them blaming their coach, players, AD, refs, Obama, the alignment of the planets, etc when they drop a big game to the Warriors.

Looking forward to heading over to the Heights on Wednesday, should be a pretty awesome game. We still have a Conte Curse going right? It's gonna break, one of these years.