Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irishstate View Post
    ND looked horrible in the ice breaker, but has a pretty young team. Note that after RPI beat ND they were terrible, until they just swept Union. That being said, ND started looking a lot better in their following games. Playing much better (granted against LSSU and Niagara) which I had hoped would give them some confidence. They seemed to have been outplayed in the first game against Vermont but came away with the win. They outplayed Vermont for the first half of the Sat. game before that game turned around and ended in a 2-2 tie (tying goal at 19:19 of the third).

I'd be thrilled with a split. Minnesota likes to come out flying, but if it is still 0-0 after 10 minutes and we can start to settle in then I think there is a fighting chance. There are 8 players (a number from the immediate area) from Minnesota so for some it will almost be like a homecoming. I think they'll be motivated to play there. Plus Mario seems to play well against his dad. Do I think Minnesota is the better team. Sure. With the injuries and what ND has to play for, I think they can be dangerous. Plus after that ice breaker, I think ND is still looking to prove themselves. With last weeks struggles plus injuries, does Minnesota have the power to fight back and come out and dominate?

Should be an interesting series. I'm hoping for a split, but if someone does sweep I assume it will be Minn. ND will have to get the freshmen believing they can play at that level. A 3pt weekend against Vermont hopefully gave them more confidence.
    Nice post. Thanks for the insight.

One observation: The Gophers rarely come out flying. They come out more business-like than anything.

Comment

Re: Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      With Boyd and Skjei being out of the lineup this weekend that no doubt weakens our lineup, we do have depth but that depth is a 4th liner and freshmen D replacing Boyd and Skjei. Not saying they are chopped liver but it's not the same.

Should be interesting.
      I don't know that the absences will make a difference in this particular series. We're flat or not.

But we usually play hard and perhaps more importantly don't receive herculean efforts from our outstate opponents like we get from our instate opponents who know us well. I like our chances.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Mario enters this weekend as the 2nd leading goal scorer. First place is some guy from Bowling Green with a 1 goal lead. I think we should just throw out any goals he gets or at least split them in half for each team.

Comment

Subscribed because this read the title as golden showers and threw up
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Need the green arrow.

Comment

tDon mentioned that Boyd possibly could be out until our January 2nd game against Merrimack, if he isn't ready for Michigan State December 5th (he wasn't 100% he would be) then it will be January.

Skjei like you said is day to day, I'm thinking he plays this weekend.
              From tDon's radio show on Monday, it certainly sounded like both of them were going to be out for a few weeks.

I definitely hope Skjei is back, but don't hold your breath, gang, it sounded to me that he wont be back for a few games.

Comment

I agree 100%.

Replacing him with someone who can get the same type of production (not necessarily pts) may be tough.
                Hope it just opens the door for someone else to step up... like Kloos did.
                Last edited by Tiggsy; 11-05-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Hope it just opens the door for someone else to step up... like Kloos did.
                  And the experience and confidence gained could prove useful later on, down the stretch.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                    From tDon's radio show on Monday, it certainly sounded like both of them were going to be out for a few weeks.

I definitely hope Skjei is back, but don't hold your breath, gang, it sounded to me that he wont be back for a few games.
                    Yeah I heard the news that Skjei will be out for sure this weekend, that's too bad. After the SCSU game Saturday listening to the post game tDon had mentioned he was day to day, condition must have changed or they are being cautious. Hope they both heal up quickly.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, if players are going to get injured, better to do it now and get healed up and ready to go rather than down the stretch where it could make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        Do golden domer posters exist?

Must be too busy polishing their own helmets.
                        Sure we exist. Some of us have been around here a lot longer than most of you. I don't post much anymore (I can't even remember the last time I posted) although I do lurk a little still.

And we don't polish our helmets. We paint them.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          Do golden domer posters exist?

Must be too busy polishing their own helmets.
                          No, they're too busy taking about the good old days of leather helmets...
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                            And we don't polish our helmets. We paint them.
                            You didn't get the joke....
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              You didn't get the joke....
                              Maybe he's serious :O
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                No, they're too busy taking about the good old days of leather helmets...
                                Is there anything more ridiculous than a Michigan fan talking smack in 2014...? By the way, how'd you like that 31-0 game genius? Your boys played that one like they were still in the leather helmet days. Well at least you still have your little brother up in East Lansing to carry your water... oh wait a minute, those meanies keep beating your guys. They really rubbed the salt in the wounds by scoring that late touchdown for no good reason didn't they. Oh wait, you're a Michigan hockey fan. Well enjoy your run of NCAA appear.... oops, sorry. I forgot we ended that too a couple of years ago. Oh well there's always the local Wal Mart to hang out in. I hear your mom just got promoted to greeter there.

Comment

Working...
                                X