Ohio State @ Minnesota State 11/7 - 11/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Minnesota State 11/7 - 11/8

WCHA road trips are always difficult, and this one is no exception. With a tie and one point in the WCHA standings, I expect the Buckeyes to face a hungry Maverick team, and they will need to be prepared for a battle in Mankato. The Buckeyes are coming off a split with an improved St. Cloud State team, who stands only one point behind them in 6th place (8 pts to OSU's 9). Ohio State is only two points behind third place UMD and North Dakota, who are tied with 11 points each. Wisconsin and Minnesota did not waste any time separating themselves from the rest of the pack with 22 and 17 points, respectively. The Buckeyes started off their WCHA season by getting swept at Wisconsin, then rebounded to sweep Bemidji State. They had a bye week, then the split this past weekend at home vs St. Cloud State. Freshman Kassidy Sauve has been fairly solid in net and the Buckeyes have several blueliners back from last season. Scoring has been done by committee, as a lot of girls have lit the lamp for the Buckeyes this season. Good luck to both teams and hopefully, both come out of this series injury-free! Maverick fans, feel free to contribute! Tell us about your team and what we can expect to see this coming weekend.

Re: Ohio State @ Minnesota State 11/7 - 11/8

Ohio State completed a sweep this weekend and picked up a much-needed six points. Ohio State won Friday by a final score of 3-1. Goals were scored by Breanne Grant, Haley Studler, and Julia McKinnon. Goalie Kassidy Sauve got the win. Earlier today, Stacy Danczak got the start in net and recorded a 2-0 shutout. Goals were scored by Danielle Gagne and Kendall Curtis. Next up for the Buckeyes is a rare weeknight game at home vs Mercyhurst on 11/11, then the Buckeyes will face a talented Minnesota team on 11/14 - 11/15.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Ohio State completed a sweep this weekend and picked up a much-needed six points. Ohio State won Friday by a final score of 3-1. Goals were scored by Breanne Grant, Haley Studler, and Julia McKinnon. Goalie Kassidy Sauve got the win. Earlier today, Stacy Danczak got the start in net and recorded a 2-0 shutout. Goals were scored by Danielle Gagne and Kendall Curtis. Next up for the Buckeyes is a rare weeknight game at home vs Mercyhurst on 11/11, then the Buckeyes will face a talented Minnesota team on 11/14 - 11/15.
      The Buckeyes now solidly positioned in 3rd place with 8 conference games under the belt. Two points behind 2nd place Minnesota...their next conference foe. Those will be important conference points at stake for both. Looks like I have to drop a few bucks...uh...I mean dollars for Buckeyevision.

...and this is what I didn't like about the BTN Plus switch. Now I have to buy the services of another provider when previously All-Access got me Gopher games in Columbus with my subscription.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Enjoy, Brookyone! I actually wish we didn't have a game Tuesday. I would rather have that day to prepare for this weekend's series! I've never watched on Buckeyevision. Hopefully it's a decent feed.

Comment

Working...
        X