Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scores of 11/1 - For All the Saints! Daniel Webster fiddles with Harvard? RANTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scores of 11/1 - For All the Saints! Daniel Webster fiddles with Harvard? RANTS!!!

http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2014...board/schedule

Other notes
    In a "what if they held a hockey game and nobody came"? moment, Hobart is at Potsdam at the same time Clarkson hosts St. Lawrence. 4 PM would have been a better time for the Bears.

And good luck to Skidmore's Zach Arden tonight as he (hopefully) makes his collegiate debut against Canton tonight at Lake Placid. I had the privilege to watch Zach play 4 years for Winston Churchill HS (Potomac, MD) and dominate the competition. IMO, Coach Sinclair got a steal. Don't let me down, Zach!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Other notes
    In a "what if they held a hockey game and nobody came"? moment, Hobart is at Potsdam at the same time Clarkson hosts St. Lawrence. 4 PM would have been a better time for the Bears.
    Potsdam has been home at the same time as Clarkson many, many, many times over many, many, many years over the decades.

There is very little crossover of fans between the two schools. The only time the townies really start showing up for Potsdam games is when Clarkson is having a poor season and Potsdam is winning.

This is a non issue. You, Joe, of all people, should know better.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: Scores of 11/1 - For All the Saints! Daniel Webster fiddles with Harvard? RANTS

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Potsdam has been home at the same time as Clarkson many, many, many times over many, many, many years over the decades.

There is very little crossover of fans between the two schools. The only time the townies really start showing up for Potsdam games is when Clarkson is having a poor season and Potsdam is winning.

This is a non issue. You, Joe, of all people, should know better.
      Still, if there is one game I'd try to avoid a conflict with it's Clarkson - SLU. You are correct in stating that for the most part there is no problem, but CCT - SLU is the elephant in North Country college hockey.
      Does that make Potsdam - Canton the kangaroo? (or a bear)
      Last edited by joecct; 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Re: Scores of 11/1 - For All the Saints! Daniel Webster fiddles with Harvard? RANTS

After 1: USM 3 Stonehill 0: Shots USM 12 Stonehill 9: Power Plays None

Comment

Still, if there is one game I'd try to avoid a conflict with it's Clarkson - SLU. You are correct in stating that for the most part there is no problem, but CCT - SLU is the elephant in North Country college hockey.
          Potsdam is ALWAYS a bear - I have a love/hate thing when it comes to them.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

After 2: USM 3 Stonehill 2: Shots Stonehill 27 USM 19: Power Plays USM 0-0 STC 2-3

Comment

What the HECK happened in the 3rd period?
              http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/boxes/mumbumd1.n01
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Who brought up Tufts?
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Geneseo 6 Morrisville 0. Two goals for S. Collins.

This is the most skilled edition of the Knights I've ever seen.

Looking forward to the home opener next Friday against Postdam!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Who brought up Tufts?
                    +1
                    Still golfing this season?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

+1
                      Still golfing this season?
                      Yes, again finally. I had to take a hiatus from golf for 9 months last Fall/Winter/Spring, but I'm back at it. We play 12 months per year in these parts, although the USGA doesn't let us count scores we make here between Nov. 16 and March 1. (Something about frozen fairways making the ball roll farther).
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                        Geneseo 6 Morrisville 0. Two goals for S. Collins.

This is the most skilled edition of the Knights I've ever seen.

Looking forward to the home opener next Friday against Postdam!
                        EZ tiger they played M'oville.........althought I may have to agree with you

Comment

Final: USM 3 STC 2: Shots STC 36 USM 26: Power Play USM 0-1 STC 2-3

Comment

Oswego gets a couple early at Fredonia for a 2-0 lead.
                            MJBeckman
                            Oswego '93
                            Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                            1991-1993
                            2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

If you put 10 up in a period, is that no class?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X