Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2014-2015: The Kids Are All Right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Hockey, 2014-2015: The Kids Are All Right.

Two days from the season opener. I probably should post this.

Okay. When we left off, Ron Fogarty took the Princeton gig. Adam Krug was hired as head coach, and away we went. The freshmen all showed up, and have looked fine in practice. That's all you're getting out of me as it regards to what I've seen so far. You're not getting specifics. Tough titty.

10 seniors, starting in the pipes with Jimmy Hamby and Scott Shackell. Duston Hebebrand and Josh Ranalli lead the returning scorers. Kyle Brothers, Taylor McCloy, and Matt Thompson should provide immediate contributions up front.

There's an adjustment period to be expected as the players get used to the new systems, and the coaches figure out what they've got, and what they want to do. Krug knows this program and by season end, we'll be roughly where we want to be, and we'll go from there.

We're gonna be fine. Let's go.
    Last edited by Hammer; 10-29-2014, 07:35 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2014-2015: The Kids Are All Right.

Whatever happened to Caveman-RC?
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I dunno. Haven't seen him around here in a couple years.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Whatever happened to Caveman-RC?
        2 kids.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I saw him in Maine last March and he was doing well...
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            I saw him in Maine last March and he was doing well...
            That is good, he was quite the poster for a while - hopefully someday he will be back.
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

That is good, he was quite the poster for a while - hopefully someday he will be back.
              Lives near Utica now. Two kids, doing well. Odds of him reappearing on the board here are slim. And by slim I mean zero.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                Lives near Utica now. Two kids, doing well. Odds of him reappearing on the board here are slim. And by slim I mean zero.
                That is a bummer good news on the family though, still got this though.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I expect this season will be relatively similar to last season for Adrian.
                  It should be exciting.

GO BULDOGS !!

Comment

I expect a couple bumps here and there as we get things ironed out, but in the end, we're going to come out of it in pretty good shape come early March.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That is a bummer good news on the family though, still got this though.
                      Wow, that's a bit outdated.

EDIT: I am currently putting together an updated version of the map!
                      Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Adrian 9
                        Northland 2

Offense: check
                        Power play: check
                        Discipline: check, more or less
                        Goaltending: check
                        Penalty kill: check
                        Defense: well, we've got a lot of work to do.

Entirely too many turnovers and miscues in our own zone, especially early on. Had we played a good team, we would have gotten pasted in the 1st period. SNC might have scored 6 in the 1st period against us tonight.

Also, Tyler Ampe. When you give up 4 goals on the first 13 shots you face, and you're getting shelled like field of corn, that is NOT the time to start running your mouth and sticking your mask in the faces and chests of the other team's forwards. That's what you've got defensemen for. A goaltender is in NO position to be doing that, especially when you turn in that performance.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Impressive start for the freshman class. Looks like we've replaced the scoring we lost. I know we have a long way to go.

Comment

Adrian 5
                            MSOE 4

I think it's long-since been established that I'm no fan of MSOE. But I've got to call it like it is. MSOE had no business losing this game, and Adrian had no business winning it. There was nothing wrong with how MSOE played tonight. Period. Kohn did a nice job in net, made a few really good saves, and for the most part, the defense knocked away the rebounds he left in front of the net so that Adrian could not get a second chance. Add in a shorthanded goal early and a power play goal as well. Nobody got screwed by the refs, or anything like that. MSOE didn't deserve this.

And neither did Adrian. Scott Shackell gave up an absolutely awful shorthanded goal less than 5 minutes into the game, and got pulled a few minutes later after MSOE made it 2-0. Good. He deserved it. Jimmy Hamby replaced him and kept Adrian in the game. He deserves the start tomorrow. His play tonight warrants it.

We got outskated for the most part of the first 2 periods, and never got the game tied after putting ourselves in that 2-0 hole, at least through 40 minutes. Finally, in the 3rd period, pure talent took over, and Ryan Lowe, a senior, gave us the game winning goal. Talent and senior leadership pulled this one out of the fire. Against better competition we will not be so lucky.

We should be sitting in jail after the way we stole this one. A better effort is necessary tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 11-07-2014, 10:03 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian 5
                              MSOE 3

Never mind the score for a moment. In my opinion, I thought the effort was much better tonight than last night. Adrian led 3-0 and had just killed a lengthy 5x3 when they gave up a goal with :03 left in the 2nd. MSOE added an early 3rd period goal to cut it to 3-2 before Adrian was able to put it away late. Had that late 2nd period goal not happened, Adrian cruises to an easy 5-1 or 6-1 win.

Shackell got a chance at redemption this afternoon and was markedly improved. As a team, however, we still need to put together a 60 minute effort. Tonight was closer to 50-55 minutes, and it showed up on the scoreboard. Last night was closer to 20-25.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X