Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2014-2015: The Kids Are All Right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2014-2015: The Kids Are All Right.

Here are some places I would try to stay if I was coming to Adrian. I would do them in the order I have them listed.

http://cladrian.com

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...mi/hoteldetail

http://www.super8.com/hotels/michiga...hotel-overview

As for tickets you need to contact Betsy at (517) 265-5161 Ext. 5011. She is the one who handles all of that. I heard there have been lots of orders but I don’t know any details. I know they hold some for the visiting team but I don’t know if they have all been spoken for or not.

What kind of place are you looking to eat at? We have a number of good Mexican places in town. Let me know your likes and I can be more specific on locations.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be happy to try to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
      Here are some places I would try to stay if I was coming to Adrian. I would do them in the order I have them listed.

http://cladrian.com

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...mi/hoteldetail

http://www.super8.com/hotels/michiga...hotel-overview

As for tickets you need to contact Betsy at (517) 265-5161 Ext. 5011. She is the one who handles all of that. I heard there have been lots of orders but I don’t know any details. I know they hold some for the visiting team but I don’t know if they have all been spoken for or not.

What kind of place are you looking to eat at? We have a number of good Mexican places in town. Let me know your likes and I can be more specific on locations.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be happy to try to help you out.
      Looking for a family style restaurant for pre game meals...We will give Betsy a call about tickets.. Thanks for the help!!
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        Looking for a family style restaurant for pre game meals...We will give Betsy a call about tickets.. Thanks for the help!!
        For families: There's your stereotypical chains of restaurants (Applebees, Red Lobster, Chipotle, etc.), but I'm assuming that we're taking a pass on those. So here's two places for you. You'll do very well at either:

JR's. In Adrian, about 3 miles west of campus, 1/2 block north of US 223. A little bit of a steakhouse, but there's plenty of other things there for you.

Also, Sauce is located in downtown Adrian. A little bit more upscale restaurant.

The east side of Adrian is very Mexican/Latino populated, so there are definitely Mexican food ideas here as well.

And you all be nice to Betsy. She's got to put up with me on game day.
        Last edited by Hammer; 12-24-2014, 07:34 PM.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          Here's another source:
          http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g29533-Adrian_Michigan.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            For families: There's your stereotypical chains of restaurants (Applebees, Red Lobster, Chipotle, etc.), but I'm assuming that we're taking a pass on those. So here's two places for you. You'll do very well at either:

JR's. In Adrian, about 3 miles west of campus, 1/2 block north of US 223. A little bit of a steakhouse, but there's plenty of other things there for you.

Also, Sauce is located in downtown Adrian. A little bit more upscale restaurant.

The east side of Adrian is very Mexican/Latino populated, so there are definitely Mexican food ideas here as well.

And you all be nice to Betsy. She's got to put up with me on game day.
            We do prefer the local restaurants over the Ntl chains.....JR's looks like they have a nice menu...
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

We also have WOW which is right at the ice rink. http://www.wowcafe.com/stores/adrian-college/

I will tell you that the food is good but the service is a little slow so allow yourself plenty of time. It's in the upper level of the rink and the windows open to look right down into the rink.

There is also a good Chinese place only a few block from the rink if you are interested in something like that.

Comment

Hopefully weather cooperates for the drive, but get ready cuz we're coming

Comment

U-18 6
                  Adrian 1

It's *ing cold.

Happy New Year.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Scoreless tie tonight at Arrington.

Horrigan was tremendous. So was Shackell, especially in stopping the penalty shot.

Man, we could have won this one a few times. We missed at least two wide open nets. That's our fault and nothing more.

One hell of a game tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian 7
                      Bethel 3

Brothers with a hat trick, Olinyk with a pair, and Heath and Sauve each chipping in a goal.

Hamby pulled in the 1st, and Dillon Kelley gets his first career win in relief.

On to River Falls tomorrow night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Finlandia 3
                        Adrian 0

That is a final. That is not a misprint. That happened.

I did not see the game, as I attended the Adrian-Finlandia women's varsity game at Arrington. I also have no commentary on how this game went, whether it be shots on goal, power plays, flow of game, and whatnot. I did not see it. I cannot fairly comment on the details.

As for Adrian, this was a bad, bad loss. I knew there would be bumps along the way, but this isn't quite what I had in mind. It looks like it's Pool A or bust now.

I can also say this: Congrats to Finlandia. Period. End. No qualifications.

Have a good night, gentlemen.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Finlandia 3
                          Adrian 0

I did not see the game, as I attended the Adrian-Finlandia women's varsity game at Arrington. I also have no commentary on how this game went, whether it be shots on goal, power plays, flow of game, and whatnot. I did not see it. I cannot fairly comment on the details.

As for Adrian, this was a bad, bad loss. I knew there would be bumps along the way, but this isn't quite what I had in mind. It looks like it's Pool A or bust now.

I think what Hammer is trying to say is...

Comment

Finlandia 3
                            Adrian 0

They still have a shot at a Pool C if they end up having to go that route, its better to lose to an unranked team than a ranked team, and Finlandia will not be ranked, I'd say the cuttoff for Pool C will probably be 6 losses this year, if you have 6 your on the edge or very close to out, if you have 7 losses you're out, Losses is just one metric used, it really depends who else losses their conference who Adrian has to stack up against. (last year Norwich had 6 losses and 3 ties and still got a pool C bid, Geneseo had 6 losses and got a pool C)
                            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Well, a (very) rough cut at the West gives us St. Thomas, UWSP, UWRF, SNC, and us. Lake Forest and UWEC are probably right on everyone's heels at this point. Adrian has at least two left with St. Norbert next weekend, and at least two left with Lake Forest. It could be that we end up with three left against both of them. We're 1-1-1 against, UWRF and UWSP, plus a tie against Geneseo, and there's also an egg-laying against Newmann sitting in there, too.

I suppose that the bottom line is this: our margin for error is quite small, and it is rapidly shrinking. Especially when we do things like what occurred last night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian still has an ok resume for Pool C, but the west will not have all of it's deserving teams in the tournament until we start seeing 6-5 splits, with 6 teams coming from the west. That's just how it is in D3 NCAA hockey right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X