PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Hockeypuck
11-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Thank god that Romeo is a top end goaltender then.......at least we've narrowed down the problem(s). Goaltending is NOT an issue with this team. Phew!Morris has been an issue with a 3.43 Gaa and a .886 sv%. Romeo certainly hasn't been Howard, but he's improved as the season has gone on and tonight looked pretty solid even though the team in front of him blew.

Priceless
11-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Actually Denver is 8-3.... Just saying.

And had been to the tournament six consecutive years...

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Morris has been an issue with a 3.43 Gaa and a .886 sv%. Romeo certainly hasn't been Howard, but he's improved as the season has gone on and tonight looked pretty solid even though the team in front of him blew.

Sounds like the Morris experiment needs to end.......Romeo should be THE guy from here on out.

Hockeypuck
11-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Sounds like the Morris experiment needs to end.......Romeo should be THE guy from here on out.You're the one running your mouth about the goaltending so what does an expert like you think?

umhockey91
11-30-2014, 12:33 AM
You're the one running your mouth about the goaltending so what does an expert like you think?

I think that Morris stinks and Romeo is a back-up at best. Maine is not going to be "elite" again with either one of these guys.

Hockeypuck
11-30-2014, 12:39 AM
I think that Morris stinks and Romeo is a back-up at best. Maine is not going to be "elite" again with either one of these guys.Maine is a LONG ways from elite. They are the 5th worst in the county right now and that is offense, defense, and goaltending!

Ma#1ne Hky
11-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Watching tonights game and watching Shore play...he looks injured...he has no speed and he has times where he looks like he's fighting to get skating...no burst of speed in his game...not making excuses for him,but it does look like he's hobbled to some degree. Anyone else notice?

Ma#1ne Hky
11-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Has anyone spotted Will Merchant? I am disappointed in him and his play,maybe he should be on a Milk Carton(M.I.A.)then on the ice. Just has not brought anything to the team(imo).

BoSox3066
11-30-2014, 02:12 AM
I am stunned that this team is this bad. Absolutely stunned.

Ma#1ne Hky
11-30-2014, 06:37 AM
I am stunned that this team is this bad. Absolutely stunned.I feel the same way...I watch them and shake my head at how they are playing...I mean you don't see the intensity and hard working fore-check they displayed last year...I mean you figured if they took some steps backwards in would have been in the Goaltending with 3 more or less inexperience in the crease,but its the whole team,except for #21 Cam Brown who comes to play every shift/period and game...he's been the only gamer of the group(imo).

walrus
11-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Funny how the key to a turnaround seems to be recruiting........but no one is really talking about that. Most fans don't even know who we have commitments from.......yet they ARE the future.
No one including you has seen any of the recruits play, what are we going to comment on except I doubt some ever show up?

walrus
11-30-2014, 07:22 AM
Has anyone spotted Will Merchant? I am disappointed in him and his play,maybe he should be on a Milk Carton(M.I.A.)then on the ice. Just has not brought anything to the team(imo).

He has been playing on the 4th line for weeks, has a great motor but little else. He left the ice in the 2nd after getting hurt. What do you expect from a grinder?

walrus
11-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Not many quotes from Red after Saturdays game
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/29/sports/vermont-deals-umaine-mens-hockey-team-seventh-straight-loss/

umhockey91
11-30-2014, 08:23 AM
No one including you has seen any of the recruits play, what are we going to comment on except I doubt some ever show up?

So negative tusk man.......but then again, you always have been.......:(

umhockey91
11-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Watching tonights game and watching Shore play...he looks injured...he has no speed and he has times where he looks like he's fighting to get skating...no burst of speed in his game...not making excuses for him,but it does look like he's hobbled to some degree. Anyone else notice?

Is he in shape?......looks a little heavy to me.

umhockey91
11-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Maine is a LONG ways from elite.

No sh*t Sherlock! Just pointing out how some seem to think that the goaltending is fine.....it's not. Even if Maine had the skaters, finishers, and D.......this team would not beat the elite teams with elite netminders with the guys that are between the pipes right now.

blackbearbandie
11-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Not many quotes from Red after Saturdays game
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/29/sports/vermont-deals-umaine-mens-hockey-team-seventh-straight-loss/

Portland's paper had more quotes from Gendron:
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/11/29/vermont-beats-maine-again/

“If we have this kind of effort and we get smarter” victories will happen, Maine Coach Red Gendron said. “They’re just having a hard time in the chaos that is hockey sorting it out, and a big key is them talking to each other. That’s how you deal with chaos is that you communicate with each other, and we don’t do enough of that yet.”

“We had certain players bring the puck up who weren’t delivering it at the right time,” Gendron said after his team mustered only six shots on its five man advantages. “The team’s in a funk but I will tell you this. Tonight on the bench was the best I’ve seen it all year long. We were down in the third period and early on we gave up the third goal. But the kids stuck with it emotionally throughout the third period, which is a very good sign.”

blackbear80
11-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Is he in shape?......looks a little heavy to me.

I think he worked out to put on some extra mass over the off season. Maybe too much too fast?

walrus
11-30-2014, 08:58 AM
No sh*t Sherlock! Just pointing out how some seem to think that the goaltending is fine.....it's not. Even if Maine had the skaters, finishers, and D.......this team would not beat the elite teams with elite netminders with the guys that are between the pipes right now.
Who thinks the goaltending is fine? And what can be done about it. You suppose both goalies have scholarships? How many scholarships are you going to dedicate to goalies? There are only 18 for the whole team. I think Romeo played ok last night, he is only a freshman. I don't think anyone thought goaltending was going to be a strong point going into the season. We did think other aspects of the team would be better than what we are seeing

Ma#1ne Hky
11-30-2014, 09:11 AM
He has been playing on the 4th line for weeks, has a great motor but little else. He left the ice in the 2nd after getting hurt. What do you expect from a grinder?He shouldn't be a so called grinder...he should be a force to the net and in front of it...along with chipping in a few goals here and there...he's big enough but plays a small game and being in his Junior year you'd expect something out of him...he's a non factor most nights...if that's the case then rotate some players in that role like Cerretani and Merchant getting each a game per weekend...maybe someone pushing him for playing time would light a fire under him...and get some positive team results.