PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

TERRIERFANinLA
11-29-2014, 10:09 AM
So you are saying Red was the wrong choice?

i believe you are the one who said that he has lost the boys and that they do not respond to his incessant yelling… clearly THAT is the wrong choice if it is true.

or were you playing the forsyth game and just getting me to say what you wanted said.?

ck1969
11-29-2014, 10:10 AM
So I went to get tix for the Portland game and apparently it's sold out. Must be a ton of UHN fans coming cause even when Maine was decent the Portland game never even came close to selling out. Hence my non urgency on getting them. Anyone have 2 extra they want to get rid of??????

blackbear80
11-29-2014, 10:15 AM
So I went to get tix for the Portland game and apparently it's sold out. Must be a ton of UHN fans coming cause even when Maine was decent the Portland game never even came close to selling out. Hence my non urgency on getting them. Anyone have 2 extra they want to get rid of??????

Did you call UMaine ticket office?

ck1969
11-29-2014, 10:15 AM
So you are saying Red was the wrong choice?

I don't think it matters who the coach is with this group of players. Realistically there are 4/5 guys on this roster who are true D1 players. I don't think Walshy, Red, or Herb Brooks could get much from this team.

ck1969
11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Did you call UMaine ticket office?

No

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:18 AM
There's not too many other straws to grasp at, because other than better than average goaltending last year not much has changed this year and it's a bit of a mystery how they were able to overachieve last year and completely underachieve so far this year.

So .500 hockey and 1-12-3 on the road last season was "overachieving" in your eyes??? Yikes.

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:20 AM
this is NOT last year's schedule through Oct and Nov.

and someone mentioned that Maine could "easily" have won the 2 BU games… I have seen BU much more than I have seen maine this season, and they are a third period team and they are an old shawn walsh, in your face, never give up team… maine was up 2-0 and I still knew that BU was going to have no problem winning… the ONLY time I had second thoughts was when maine was up 2-0 and Brown had an open net…

Maine is ANderson's Merrimack

and I can see who used to run Cahoon's idiotic pass-pass-pass-pass power play. I do not care that the coaching manual was written by red… the PP sucks… Leen does not get great angles and perfect shots, yet the pucks sometimes go in the net for him.

Come on.....SOS and a sh*tty power play has nothing to do with Maine's poor record.......it's all about Lomberg!

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Bingo, Priceless. If the football players would just not break the law Lomberg would still be here

Lomberg would have won the Hobey this season.......and Mane would have won the NC.

walrus
11-29-2014, 10:23 AM
i believe you are the one who said that he has lost the boys and that they do not respond to his incessant yelling… clearly THAT is the wrong choice if it is true.

or were you playing the forsyth game and just getting me to say what you wanted said.?
No I said I heard that.

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think it matters who the coach is with this group of players. Realistically there are 4/5 guys on this roster who are true D1 players. I don't think Walshy, Red, or Herb Brooks could get much from this team.

Ding ding ding!

blackbear80
11-29-2014, 10:28 AM
No

Worth a call. IIRC nearly all the tickets on the sidelines were pulled from the general public sale and sent to the university(ies)

TERRIERFANinLA
11-29-2014, 10:30 AM

grant would teach the goalies not to be so deep, to be in position and to square up… that would have won a few games.
grant would also be able to get into Byron's head and fix what ails him (just guessing)… that kid showed some Teddy like vision and evasion moves early last season… now he is just slightly better than me. (heh heh)… I think Grant would also be able to get Devin to be hitting more of his shots….

and Reg Cardinal would not have been a D1 player if he has been used wrong…

but overall you are correct… with the exception of Shore, this team is boys against the PC/Union/BU men and Shore is 2 steps slower after the dirty leg check he took against the penalty box door

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm still questioning why Whitehead got 12 seasons to prove himself yet many on here want Gendron's head on a platter after 1.5 seasons??? Weird.

blackbearbandie
11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
So .500 hockey and 1-12-3 on the road last season was "overachieving" in your eyes??? Yikes.

And what was their home record last year? Certainly at home compared to their away record last year they did overachieve, wouldn't you say?

Priceless
11-29-2014, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I'm the one playing that game.

Bingo, Priceless. If the football players would just not break the law Lomberg would still be here

Come on.....SOS and a sh*tty power play has nothing to do with Maine's poor record.......it's all about Lomberg!

Jesus Christ, you guys are childish. Do you seriously think there wasn't a connection between the previous cases where UM came down too easily on student-athletes and got burned that led to a massive overreaction regarding Lomberg? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for you if you don't. We don't know what Lomberg might have done with the team this season. Maybe he would have been terrible, but we'll never know because the school pulled the plug. This was already a struggling team even with him. Take him off the team the way they did and it's going to make things worse.

Priceless
11-29-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm still questioning why Whitehead got 12 seasons to prove himself yet many on here want Gendron's head on a platter after 1.5 seasons??? Weird.

Who wants Red's head on a platter?

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:43 AM
And what was their home record last year? Certainly at home compared to their away record last year they did overachieve, wouldn't you say?

Against the Sisters of the Poor?.......no, I'd say that they were pretty bad last season and with poor goaltending and a tougher schedule......they're even worse this season.

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I'm the one playing that game.

Jesus Christ, you guys are childish. Do you seriously think there wasn't a connection between the previous cases where UM came down too easily on student-athletes and got burned that led to a massive overreaction regarding Lomberg? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for you if you don't. We don't know what Lomberg might have done with the team this season. Maybe he would have been terrible, but we'll never know because the school pulled the plug. This was already a struggling team even with him. Take him off the team the way they did and it's going to make things worse.

So how many years will this "Lomberg hangover" last?:rolleyes:

umhockey91
11-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Who wants Red's head on a platter?

People that still can't take their nose out of Whitehead's *ss.

UVM Cat in Texas
11-29-2014, 11:01 AM
So how many years will this "Lomberg hangover" last?:rolleyes:
There's no tellin..... Y'all should pray it doesn't turn into a curse of the Bambino thing.