X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
    I've been to tons of Pats games. Best fans in the NFL bar none, NTM the best ownership group. Plus 85 percent of Lambeau's seats are aluminum benches which is obtrusive for a 2014 pro sports stadium
    so only true fans would put up with those horrid aluminum seats... sounds like a point in favor of the cheeseheads.

but you didn't compare your experience THERE with your experiences at Sullivan/Gillette.

"best ownership" maybe, but isn't the ownership of the Pack still the fans?

I would have thought that the best college hockey fans were Maine fans 10 years ago... till I witnessed those same cheeseheads... Wisconsin fans are amazing and infinitely more fun than Maine fans, or ANY fans in hockey east or the ECAC. (I would also put them above DU, CC, Minny ND and UND fans as well.. I can only compare with what I have personally witnessed.

and if Pats fans are anything like Sox fans... roll eyes. (and I am not saying they are, but I am assuming...)

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      so only true fans would put up with those horrid aluminum seats... sounds like a point in favor of the cheeseheads.

but you didn't compare your experience THERE with your experiences at Sullivan/Gillette.

"best ownership" maybe, but isn't the ownership of the Pack still the fans?

I would have thought that the best college hockey fans were Maine fans 10 years ago... till I witnessed those same cheeseheads... Wisconsin fans are amazing and infinitely more fun than Maine fans, or ANY fans in hockey east or the ECAC. (I would also put them above DU, CC, Minny ND and UND fans as well.. I can only compare with what I have personally witnessed.

and if Pats fans are anything like Sox fans... roll eyes. (and I am not saying they are, but I am assuming...)
      Sox fans now are much different than sox fans 15 years ago. I'd be surprised if Pats fans were even in the top 10 as far as best fans in the NFL go.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
        I've been. But this is actually a game in Buffalo.
        LOL my bad, and I should have known since those are my AFC/NFC teams.

The fans at Rich are considerably more offensive than the GB crowd. Expect a plethora of profanity and a beer-shower sometime near the 9 minute mark of the 3rd if you're gonna wear Packers garb. (That's when I predict the game will be out of hand for my poor, hapless Bills.)
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-13-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          http://sbnation.com/e/6977850

Game Preview: BU at Maine
          Thanks for the info.

Comment

So, getting back to Maine hockey, does anyone give them a chance tomorrow?

It'll be the first time I've seen them this year, but going on the numbers alone, looks like BU has about an 80% likelihood of winning.

I will watch until things get ugly, but I'll absolutely have a Plan B in place.

(And I hope I'm wrong about that.)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fishman'81;6038160]So, getting back to Maine hockey, does anyone give them a chance tomorrow?

It'll be the first time I've seen them this year, but going on the numbers alone, looks like BU has about an 80% likelihood of winning.

Are any of the listed channels carrying the game available on TW Cable in York County?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                So, getting back to Maine hockey, does anyone give them a chance tomorrow?

(And I hope I'm wrong about that.)
                If they lose in front of the 1999 team I would be extremely disappointed as I'm sure a lot of other people would be. I think they get the win.

Comment

Is tonight's game on TV in Southern Maine/York County (Time Warner Cable)? If so, what station?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    If they lose in front of the 1999 team I would be extremely disappointed as I'm sure a lot of other people would be. I think they get the win.
                    We'll see how much heart they have tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      After last weekend I'm not sure it matters how they play in front of. Being home should help but who knows. Love to see Hates lay out the phenom
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Is tonight's game on TV in Southern Maine/York County (Time Warner Cable)? If so, what station?

Thanks.
                        Time Warner channel 17 in Portland at 7:30

Comment

Hopefully they'll show the ceremony for the 99 team on the broadcast. Might be he only thing worth watching!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            After last weekend I'm not sure it matters how they play in front of. Being home should help but who knows. Love to see Hates lay out the phenom
                            Hopefully he does it the right way and not with a Game DQ...pounds him enough that he knows when he's on the ice Hayes can't be far away. Maine needs there big time A game tonight as this isn't last years BU squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I'd try to match Higgins, Merchant, and Lacroix up against Eichel and have Musil take Higgins' spot on the third line. Who knows what Red up his sleeve though.

Comment

Another thing to watch will be how Red matches up against the 2nd coming, what D pair is he going to put out?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X