2015 National Camp Allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 National Camp Allocations

Following the format/name used for the 2014 thread - I know this is a bit early but it was just posted that the Pacific District is forgoing its district camp in favor of a multi-district camp along with the Rocky Mtn and Northern Plains districts. I was curious if anyone has any theories on why this was done and what impact it will have on the district allocations? Will each of these three districts still get (and choose) their own representatives or do they aggregate all of their slots and throw them into a big pot and just pick players regardless of where they are from? If that is the case then obviously they will all be from California

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    Following the format/name used for the 2014 thread - I know this is a bit early but it was just posted that the Pacific District is forgoing its district camp in favor of a multi-district camp along with the Rocky Mtn and Northern Plains districts. I was curious if anyone has any theories on why this was done and what impact it will have on the district allocations? Will each of these three districts still get (and choose) their own representatives or do they aggregate all of their slots and throw them into a big pot and just pick players regardless of where they are from? If that is the case then obviously they will all be from California
    Changes in format this year - u18 select national camp (66 players), u18 national camp (180 98-99) and a u15 camp (216 00 only - dropped 01s).

Comment

Re: 2015 National Camp Allocations

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
      Changes in format this year - u18 select national camp (66 players), u18 national camp (180 98-99) and a u15 camp (216 00 only - dropped 01s).
      What is the reasoning behind this? Feels like a AAA, AA, A, B, C debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
        What is the reasoning behind this? Feels like a AAA, AA, A, B, C debate.
        The U18 Select camp is part of the National Women's Festival to select the U18 team that will play Canada in the three game summer series. The U18 NDC is to pare down the players who will be selected for the U18 Select Camp/WNF, and the U15 camp is to get eyes on future prospects for the other two camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          The U18 Select camp is part of the National Women's Festival to select the U18 team that will play Canada in the three game summer series. The U18 NDC is to pare down the players who will be selected for the U18 Select Camp/WNF, and the U15 camp is to get eyes on future prospects for the other two camps.
          In the past that was true, but it looks like they changed it.

U18 Select Camp: June 27 - July 3 (location TBD) - 66 invitees - picking the all-star teams before the NDC.
          U18 NDC: July 8 - July 14 (St Cloud)
          U5 NDC: July 17 - 23 (St Cloud)
          National Festival: ?? (in the past in August - thus August fest name)

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d..._-_revised.pdf

Comment

U18 Select Camp: June 27 - July 3 (location TBD) - 66 invitees - picking the all-star teams before the NDC.

Thanks for the link. We don't get that kind of info out here on the left coast. A little more transparency would be nice. Interesting that they are picking the U18 all stars before the NDC camp - not sure how that works. 216 U-15s means that that they doubled the size of that camp I believe. I wonder what is the reason for that other than casting a wider net? It will dilute the talent though.

Comment

Hmmm, confusing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                Thanks for the link. We don't get that kind of info out here on the left coast. A little more transparency would be nice. Interesting that they are picking the U18 all stars before the NDC camp - not sure how that works. 216 U-15s means that that they doubled the size of that camp I believe. I wonder what is the reason for that other than casting a wider net? It will dilute the talent though.
                Agreed. I'm told their concept is to create a real "development" camp model and the Select Camp is an "evaluation" camp. Depending on where that camp is held, 66 families will have to pay for 2 trips, to Select Camp and to Development Camp.

ALSO.....216 2000s!!!. There were 102 at this year's camp and it was pretty evident there was a big difference from top to bottom. Granted there were no Minnesota kids there which helps improve the quality for the u15 camp. Wonder how many slots Minnesota will get now that the number has more than doubled?! 50?
                Last edited by pakidnyc; 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pakidnyc View Post
                  Agreed. I'm told their concept is to create a real "development" camp model and the Select Camp is an "evaluation" camp. Depending on where that camp is held, 66 families will have to pay for 2 trips, to Select Camp and to Development Camp.

ALSO.....216 2000s!!!. There were 102 at this year's camp and it was pretty evident there was a big difference from top to bottom. Granted there were no Minnesota kids there which helps improve the quality for the u15 camp. Wonder how many slots Minnesota will get now that the number has more than doubled?! 50?
                  I'm guessing more like 50%.

Comment

I am assuming that 216 players will require a lot more staffing from USA Hockey between having more teams, thus more bench coaches needed, plus more practices etc requiring more on ice coaches. I guess by dropping the U14 camp that will free up some resources. But as Pakidnyc says, even with "only" 102 last year the bottom was fairly diluted. Even by adding the legendary Minnesota players, there is still going to be a big dropoff from the top to the bottom.

Comment

Who makes these decisions for USA Hockey?

Comment

Working...
                      X