Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-Nov

Coming north to the big and wide Sully and maybe some Porta Potty's for the Lakers…..maybe not.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Re: Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Coming north to the big and wide Sully and maybe some Porta Potty's for the Lakers…..maybe not.
    Hopefully Whitten's "homecoming" will be met with a pair of losses.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Re: Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-

Coach Matt Thomas and TV/radio play by play man Kurt Haider will be producing their show live and open to the public to attend at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center Thursday evening at 6 pm.
      It's replacing what in the past has been the Coach's Lunch.
      Matt says he will be taking questions and comments from anyone attending.
      Great venue with food and beverage available.
      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Coach Matt Thomas and TV/radio play by play man Kurt Haider will be producing their show live and open to the public to attend at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center Thursday evening at 6 pm.
        It's replacing what in the past has been the Coach's Lunch.
        Matt says he will be taking questions and comments from anyone attending.
        Great venue with food and beverage available.
        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
        A great place for the show ...good food great local beer UAA Fans and chirp up the weekend battle.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          A great place for the show ...good food great local beer UAA Fans and chirp up the weekend battle.
          Foods good eh? I might just have to check the place out. Midnight Sun beer and/or other breweries?
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Foods good eh? I might just have to check the place out. Midnight Sun beer and/or other breweries?
            UAA's Coaches Corner set to premiere Thursday
            Courtesy UAA Media Relations
            Tue, October 28, 2014
            ANCHORAGE – The first edition of the Alaska Anchorage Coaches Corner will take place Oct. 30 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Varsity Sports Grill with head hockey coach Matt Thomas and host Kurt Haider. The show can be heard live on KENI 650 AM, iHeart Radio or can be viewed in person.
            In conjunction with iHeart Media, Thomas and Haider will sit down for 60 minutes and talk hockey, while taking questions from the audience. Additionally, guests and student-athletes will also take part in the live show. This week’s event will feature freshman goaltender Olivier Mantha.
            The Coaches Corner will take place the Thursday prior to a home series, with the exception of Ferris State (Jan. 8-9), which is a Thursday-Friday series. That show will be held on Wednesday.
            The Varsity Sports Grill in located on the top floor of the Alaska Airlines Center. Paying patrons receive complimentary parking during their visit.
            COACHES CORNER SCHEDULE
            Thursday, Oct. 30
            Thursday, Nov. 20
            Thursday, Dec. 5
            Wednesday, Jan. 7
            Thursday, Jan. 12
            Thursday, Feb. 26
            Thursday, March 5

Comment

Is this the year we stop the funk we are in at the start of nearly every WCHA season? To me it seems yes, the Lakers are ripe for the picking. They are by no means just gonna lay down, especially since they are still winless. But, they are giving up 4.25 goals per game in WCHA play, and 4.125 in all of their games. They have scored 1.5 goals per game in WCHA play, and 1.375 goals per game overall this season. We will need to come out strong and maintain pressure, pepper their goalie, play sound defensively, and impose our will against them in our barn. We do that, we win tonight. And tomorrow night. Every game is vital, 2 more points last season and UA_ could've been playing at the Sully for the playoffs. Boys these four points can bee yours. Now go out there and take it!
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                They had all local beers. Not a great selection, but decent.

Alaskan Amber, Denali Mother Ale? I think? Sockeye red IPA, and a few others. Nice atmosphere though, and really the only drinking establishment in the immediate area.
                _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post

Alaskan Amber, Denali Mother Ale? I think? Sockeye red IPA, and a few others. Nice atmosphere though, and really the only drinking establishment in the immediate area.
                  six or seven on tap
                  bottles in the cooler
                  a decent wine selection
                  What's not to like?

Good food at decent prices to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    six or seven on tap
                    bottles in the cooler
                    a decent wine selection
                    What's not to like?

Good food at decent prices to boot!
                    I didn't expect two answers haha. Thanks for the info you two! I absolutely freaking love the Alaskan White, it's got a soda like finish (carbonation) but I can drink it all night, plus only one will get me buzzed and I ain't no light weight. Alaskan Amber is a great back-up, much like Matyas (see what I did just there!.....back to hockey). Let's give the Lakers a trick tonight!

Comment

Right about the drinking establishment, I've given up on Uncle Joe's for beers. There selection just does not sit well with my taste buds, I really dislike all of the Midnight Sun brews. In my eyes the only decent beer there is the my girlfriends favorite, the Angry Orchard Apple Cider. It's decent, but too sweet for me. You could go to the Blue Fox, but that place is soo depressing, it's like getting warped back to the 80's.....without all the fun.

Comment

First 1,000 kids get a free mask tonight, I'd show ya the pic but I still can't figure out how to embed images here. Here's the link.

Comment

SEAWOLVES WIN!!! Party Cannon Time!
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

SEAWOLVES WIN!!! Party Cannon Time!
                            That was not pretty.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              That was not pretty.
                              No it wasn't but a win is a win.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                              X