Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Harlem would be classier. No St. Cloud fans around.
    No, but an invasion of Gopher fans would lower Harlem's average standard.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Not much different than you guys. "I'm a Husky fan. We finally won a couple games in the NCAAs and we won (a share of) the WCHA regular season title a couple years ago, does that make us relevant now?!!"
      Good god, you are a clown. St. Cloud fans aren't on here asking what places it is safe to go in Dinkytown and whether or not the fans will be mean to them. I have never seen that on any series thread or in the season thread. So there is a difference.

I am going to the game Saturday at Mariucci and I will be going to the bars before and after. I am not afraid of someone giving me crap for wearing a St. Cloud jersey. I guess I am just brave.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Good god, you are a clown. St. Cloud fans aren't on here asking what places it is safe to go in Dinkytown and whether or not the fans will be mean to them. I have never seen that on any series thread or in the season thread. So there is a difference.

I am going to the game Saturday at Mariucci and I will be going to the bars before and after. I am not afraid of someone giving me crap for wearing a St. Cloud jersey. I guess I am just brave.
        And I've never been afraid to wear my Gopher jersey in St Cloud, but apparently I'm not allowed to joke around here....?
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          I am going to the game Saturday at Mariucci and I will be going to the bars before and after.
          I'll be there with my 9yo. This is only my second SCSU at Mariucci game. My first was when freshman Joe Jensen scored a hat trick.

EDIT: By the way, that's at least the second time that an SCSU player has scored a hat trick at Mariucci.
          Last edited by The Exiled One; 10-28-2014, 11:26 AM.
          scsuhockey.com

Comment

And I've never been afraid to wear my Gopher jersey in St Cloud, but apparently I'm not allowed to joke around here....?
            By all means, go ahead. I called you a clown because I knew you were joking around.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that too.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Not much different than you guys. "I'm a Husky fan. We finally won a couple games in the NCAAs and we won (a share of) the WCHA regular season title a couple years ago, does that make us relevant now?!!"
                We also have more Penrose Cups than any other team.

And I was there for the Jon Cullen hatty.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Marcia Marcia Marcia!

Comment

The last time I was there we were on the receiving end of a Bjugstad hatty. And we got steamrolled.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/11/...t-cloud-state/

Kinda worried about the same thing happening this Saturday.

Comment

Don't worry. It won't be a Bjugstad hat trick this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcia Brady View Post
                        McCormick says she traded sex for drugs with a Hollywood cocaine dealer who later went to jail, and once allowed an older man she met at the Playboy Mansion to videotape her naked in exchange for drugs.

She began to "free-base" cocaine with a music-industry boyfriend and the two once spent a week binging in a hotel room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.

On one occasion, she took amyl nitrate pills, or "poppers", from a bowl on the coffee table at a party at Sammy Davis Jr's Los Angeles home.

On another, she turned up to an audition with Steven Spielberg for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" completely "messed up" after being awake for several days on drugs. He politely offered her an orange and did not give her the part.

"If there was coke, I had to stay up and do every last flake even if it meant going without sleep for days," she writes. "Nothing else mattered."
                        Just say no!
                        scsuhockey.com

Comment

I feel like it may be a split, but at the same time I have to believe the Gophers should sweep. Lindgren doesn't seem to be as good yet as Faragher was and with how strong the Gophers' offense is, I just have a hard time believing we'll be outscored. The anouncers really hit it on the head las weekend when they talked about how our 3rd and 4th lines are good enough to be top 2 scoring lines on some teams. The ability to score all the time is a huge asset. And our first D pairing can really lock things down. I'm a little concerned with some of the decision making our D-corps was making last weekend, but hopefully that's ironed out

I don't know much about this years SCSU team. I know they were an offensive juggernaut last year, but how is the D? Can they play with the Gophers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Try Big Ten or the Library...supposing you guys don't try to burn Dinkytown down again if the Gophers do happen to win.
                            Nah, that only happens for big games against quality opponents. Pretty sure this weekend is neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Nah, that only happens for big games against quality opponents. Pretty sure this weekend is neither.

True, that.

These regular season tilts mean far more to SCSU than they do to the Gophers.

Comment

I realize this is against the rules in a UM SCSU thread to talk hockey this early, but I might not look here for a little while, so....Any SCSU fans care to give a team assessment (sans sandbagging), with which big players were lost and who seems to be stepping up this year? Strengths and weaknesses? Don't follow that anymore with non-con teams now.

Comment

Working...
                                X