X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    SCSU-

Win, period, at Mariucci tomorrow night and I'll really be impressed.

And, a tad worried.
    I would be impressed too… we don't play tomorrow night. Puck drops at 4 PM
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What happened to Boyd? We were right by the Gophers tunnel and he was limping something fierce after the game.

Comment

Meh. It's early.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I would be impressed too… we don't play tomorrow night. Puck drops at 4 PM
          Shame on me for assuming this was tomorrow night. I am fixated on my trip to Chicago tomorrow (by car) on business.

Comment

Nice early season win by the Huskies. Should help the pairwise at the end of the year. Tomorrow afternoon should be a good game. Tempers high tonight. Lol

The crowd is very different these days. Its not half as loud and crazy as it was in the 90's and early 2000's for an old fart like me that isn't all bad. My 12 and 10 year old both got a kick out of the F-U chant. Lol
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Congrats to the Huskies on a well-deserved win tonight. Hopefully the Gophers can bounce back and re-establish state order at home tomorrow.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                Nice early season win by the Huskies. Should help the pairwise at the end of the year. Tomorrow afternoon should be a good game. Tempers high tonight. Lol

The crowd is very different these days. Its not half as loud and crazy as it was in the 90's and early 2000's for an old fart like me that isn't all bad. My 12 and 10 year old both got a kick out of the F-U chant. Lol
                I noticed that as well tonight and I thought the crowd was pumped up but right on par. This is just a non conference win for us but obviously a big win over a great team and rival helps. North Dakota is always going to be our biggest games now as they mean so much more. The gophers were caught a bit flat as they have not faced a team as fast and complete as we were yet and we were fortunate to have two solid series under our belts already. I expect tomorrow to be a much more competitive game as they will surely be ready and I am excited to make the trip down and hopefully witness a sweep.

Comment

Good work SCSU.

Comment

Very nice game by the Huskies. Not so good by the Gophs. Hope the Gophs are more prepared to play this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post

The crowds in the '90s could be deafening. Speaking of crowds, the Strib said it was "packed" with 5122 in attendance. I thought the seating capacity was still something like 5300 and total capacity about 6100, did it drop again? They used to cram 7051 in there.
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                        The crowds in the '90s could be deafening. Speaking of crowds, the Strib said it was "packed" with 5122 in attendance. I thought the seating capacity was still something like 5300 and total capacity about 6100, did it drop again? They used to cram 7051 in there.
                        Capacity before the remodel was 5371 (1989-2013), right now it is 5763- added suites on the south end, some of the suites on the east end have been converted to SCSU staff offices. It is suppose to be higher after the full remodel when they expand the west end and add more suites on the north end.

I think the record attendance I remember was the Sat home game against the gophers two years ago in Feb 6140- including standing room only. They had 5648 on Fri Feb 2013.

The same year we had 4738 Fri and 5201 Sat Nov 2012 for North Dakota. I couldn't find any figures for the 90's but 7051 would seem to be the upper limit for standing room/fire codes- I believe over 64-6500 would be more realistic though, 7051 seems like a stretch. Where did you get that number from?

Comment

Where did Bonin21 and D2D celebrate the win last night?
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I found this article from Aug 2006 on NHC attendance, I was deployed those years so that's why I don't remember them...

Husky hockey crowds again large enough to be in top 10

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Photo of cheering fans

The SCSU men's hockey team, which has consistently ranked among the nation's top 10 Division 1 attendance leaders in recent years, ranked seventh in the nation for average attendance in 2005-06.

The Huskies averaged 6,109 spectators per game last winter, as a total of 109,975 fans filled the National Hockey Center during 18 home games. SCSU's average home attendance this season was the second-best in team history. The Huskies' all-time best attendance average was 6,334 fans during the 2002-03 campaign. SCSU also gained seventh-place attendance rankings in 1997-98 and 1995-96.

NCAA champion Wisconsin led the nation in attendance this season with an average of 13,511 at the Kohl Center during 20 dates in Madison. North Dakota ranked second at 10,911 and Minnesota was third at 10,041. The top six was completed by Colorado College (6,721), Michigan (6,683) and New Hampshire (6,243).

Under the leadership of WCHA Coach of the Year Bob Motzko, the Huskies finished the season with a 22-16-4 record and placed second at the WCHA Final Five. SCSU was ranked among the nation's top 15 programs in the final NCAA Division 1 hockey polls. The Huskies will kick off the 2006-07 season on Oct. 6 with a home exhibition game against Lethbridge, then begin WCHA play at home on Oct. 13-14 against Denver.

For season tickets call Chad Sheetz at 1-877-SCSUTIX or 320-308-2137. Single-game tickets for the upcoming season will go on sale Monday, Sept. 18.

- Tom Nelson
                            Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-01-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              Where did Bonin21 and D2D celebrate the win last night?
                              http://redcarpetnightclub.com/main/martini-lounge/
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Saw plenty of maroon in there last night. Seemed to be a fun night all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X