Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
    Thanks for all of the recommendations. Sounds like I will need to take it easy on Thanksgiving Dinner.

On a different note, I'm looking forward to being in the building to see Wayne Wilson coach against his son Stu. That's a winning family for sure, both having won a national title as players (in addition to a D3 + D1 Coach of the Year award for Wayne).
    As I mentioned on another thread, regardless of the outcome, it would be nice to see Yale start Stu to open the game. The pregame ceremonies and starting line announcements would be memorable for the Wilson family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      As I mentioned on another thread, regardless of the outcome, it would be nice to see Yale start Stu to open the game. The pregame ceremonies and starting line announcements would be memorable for the Wilson family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
      Freshman Hitchcock has been centering the first line and beginning most games, it would be cool if Allain put Stu out there.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Pretty good game by Yale last night, Stu really wanted to score one against his father. I thought Hayden had a real good game, very strong on the puck. Spano wasn't tested much but did the job. The RIT goalie was very good, robbed Orzetti with a great glove save. Yale was lucky the 2 change-ups got past him.

Comment

I attended the game and although Yale was clearly the more talented team, they did not pass the puck well at all and were absolutely horrible on the power play. Spano was good the few times he was tested and the defense played well in front of him. Hayden , Hitchcock and Biacco all had good games. Repensky, although small for a DMan, reminds me of Fallen and looks to have a bomb from the point. Yale is still missing that scoring output needed to beat the better teams, they can't rely on the defense every game.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale pretty clearly outplayed RIT, but was only able to score on a couple of freak chances. Will have to be able to convert if they want to succeed in the ECAC.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Yale 2011 grad here - long-time lurker, first-time poster. Following the Bulldogs from the Bay Area.

John Hayden named to the 30-man USA World Juniors selection camp roster: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=34386

Comment

Welcome aboard, Dec 24th is the cut date, if Hayden makes team, he could miss possibly three games for Yale. Congrats to John!
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by CA_Seal View Post
                  Yale 2011 grad here - long-time lurker, first-time poster. Following the Bulldogs from the Bay Area.

John Hayden named to the 30-man USA World Juniors selection camp roster: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=34386
                  Welcome to the board. I'm much more active in RPI threads, but I opine in here every once in a while when I have something worthwhile to say.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by A1RdRunner View Post
                    Spano is on the US National JR team...so he'll be away until after Jan 1.
                    Not even close. Hayden has an outside shot to make the final cut. I expect a couple of close hard hitting games this weekend, Yale needs another 4 point weekend to keep pace in the league and elsewhere.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

On the hardwood tonight, Yale beat the defending basketball National Champs - can they do the double tomorrow night on the ice?

Comment

Left without a choice, watched last night's game on Ivy Digital. I watch a lot of broadcast hockey. Hundreds of games a year. The play-by-play and color analysis of Yale Hockey could be the worst I have ever heard at any level. It makes it hard to watch. This is the best the 2013 Nat'l Champs can do? Video is solid. Replays good. Audio ... brutal.

Comment

The decision to have students do the audio on the Yale broadcasts is, indeed, somewhat idiosyncratic. But that's what they've done. At that point, criticism of nonprofessionals is a little uncharitable, it seems to me. I'm not saying your criticism is unfair, nopuckluck, so long as it is directed at the University, not at the announcers. (By the way, those of us watching the game over the Internet last night were a little distressed at the inability to keep the score properly updated on-screen, which I assume is a different nonprofessional issue.)

Comment

If you were watching on ILDN, why did you not just switch to the WRPI audio? Although the fans on the RPI score thread were also complaining about problems with that RPI student run audio feed. The boys on that thread actually thought one of our announcers was the highlight of the game, and the only reason to watch RPI.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Enough about student broadcasters and back to hockey. Yale played a decent game against a clearly shorthanded RPI squad. They allowed RPI to stay in the game by standing around while RPI cycled the corners. Union will not let them get away with this tonight. Lyon saved the teams bacon on numerous grade A RPI chances, with one open net save that I am still not sure how he managed to get a piece of. Yale continues to score by committee, nice to see Fallen get his first of the season. Yale email yesterday afternoon stated there were only SRO tickets left for this evening, not sure if that is still the case. Should be cool to see the last two NCAA champs head to head.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
                                Left without a choice, watched last night's game on Ivy Digital. I watch a lot of broadcast hockey. Hundreds of games a year. The play-by-play and color analysis of Yale Hockey could be the worst I have ever heard at any level. It makes it hard to watch. This is the best the 2013 Nat'l Champs can do? Video is solid. Replays good. Audio ... brutal.
                                Some replays for you http://www.ecachockey.com/men/index
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X