Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
    Hello New Haven people. I hope you don't mind if I ask this here, but what would you recommend for day parking around Ingalls on Saturday? We plan to arrive around mid day, take a campus tour, explore the museums, get a pizza, etc. before the game. Would the garage behind the rink work for that (all day), and roughly how much $? Or do you have a better suggestion. We'll want to get away easily after the game, generally.

Also, because of the way your Bulldogs have played our Crimson all year - yes even back when no one else could beat mighty Harvard - there is no point in my bragging about how confident I am in the series outcome. Though of course I am ever hopeful. But we are looking forward to a great trip and game in any event!

Thank you in advance . . .
    I don't know too much about New Haven, but when we went to the area for hockey a few weeks back, we used this for some guidance and found a couple of really nice places to eat ...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/09/c...-haven-ct.html

If Harvard advances past Yale, do you plan on making the trek to Lake Placid? If you do (which I highly recommend) you'll have a great time as Lake Placid is such a cool place to be, especially in the wintertime!
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
      If Harvard advances past Yale, do you plan on making the trek to Lake Placid?
      Thank you, and yes we do. However, I seem to have a serious mental block when it comes to the Crimson beating the Bulldogs in '14-'15. I offer this as a sincere compliment to the play of the hometown team.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
        Hello New Haven people. I hope you don't mind if I ask this here, but what would you recommend for day parking around Ingalls on Saturday? We plan to arrive around mid day, take a campus tour, explore the museums, get a pizza, etc. before the game. Would the garage behind the rink work for that (all day), and roughly how much $? Or do you have a better suggestion. We'll want to get away easily after the game, generally.

Also, because of the way your Bulldogs have played our Crimson all year - yes even back when no one else could beat mighty Harvard - there is no point in my bragging about how confident I am in the series outcome. Though of course I am ever hopeful. But we are looking forward to a great trip and game in any event!

Thank you in advance . . .
        A free parking option on weekends is the lot just north of the Peabody Museum(great place if you have never been) on Whitney Avenue at Humphrey St. You can safely leave the car there for a visit to Ingalls and the museum. It is a bit far from the downtown sites like the Yale and British Art Gallery's and the main campus, about 1/2 a mile. To get to campus if you park there, walk towards Ingalls and then take a left on Hillhouse or Prospect Aves. to the center of town. Street parking is covered by meters which are fairly reasonable and must be fed until 9PM. Also be aware that all of the "famous" pizza places with the exception of "BAR" are not downtown. I highly recommend BAR on Crown St. for pizza, hitting it mid afternoon would be your best bet as it can be crowded with long waits on weekends, we tried to go there last night at 5:30 and there was a 1 1/2 hour wait. There are a myriad of places to eat downtown and your best bet is to check out the New Haven page on Yelp.com. One more thing, the lot at Ingalls is $5, but fills up fast, it is also a pain to exit if you end up on the upper levels.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...CT:New_Haven::
        Last edited by LTsatch; 03-08-2015, 01:06 PM.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

A little quiet around here. It will be interesting to see if Day comes back from injury this weekend. Lord knows the team is well rested. These bye weeks are well earned, but i hate waiting around for two weeks. Would like to see Hayden take the initiative in this series. Need to keep Vesey semi-contained. Return of Blackwell is another wrinkle for Yale. Prognosticators on this board have Yale as a 2-1 favorite, lets hope this is true.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

A bit more than 26 hours to get your picks in. Remember 7PM Friday is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

A bit more than 13 hours to get your picks in. Remember 7PM Friday is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                A little quiet around here. It will be interesting to see if Day comes back from injury this weekend. Lord knows the team is well rested. These bye weeks are well earned, but i hate waiting around for two weeks. Would like to see Hayden take the initiative in this series. Need to keep Vesey semi-contained. Return of Blackwell is another wrinkle for Yale. Prognosticators on this board have Yale as a 2-1 favorite, lets hope this is true.
                While Yale has had a few decent offensive games this year, including those earlier ones against Harvard, two goals seems to be the norm and that will not always get it done. Let's see how they react with their backs against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                  While Yale has had a few decent offensive games this year, including those earlier ones against Harvard, two goals seems to be the norm and that will not always get it done. Let's see how they react with their backs against the wall.
                  Don't know which was a more surprising result: 1) we lost to Harvard at home 2) we scored a PPG at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by CA_Seal View Post
                    Don't know which was a more surprising result: 1) we lost to Harvard at home 2) we scored a PPG at home.
                    One bad bounce leads to a 2-1 the other way & bingo. It happens. Thought Yale was going to get this one the way things were going in the 3rd. Too bad. Time to get back on track tomorrow. Lyon was excellent tonight. Nothing he could've done on Vesey's goal. Here's hoping.

Comment

Time for Yale to step up.
                      I've had enough losing to Harvard today...
                      -------------
                      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                        Time for Yale to step up.
                        I've had enough losing to Harvard today...
                        The basketball team only has themselves to blame for there even being a game today.

As far as hockey goes, if they lose tomorrow, no one will remember tonight's win.

Comment

After some reflection:

Yale looks like they are still shaking off the rust. Some teams do not respond well to a long layoff and I think this is one of those teams. I would expect their best game of the series tomorrow.

Lyon = lifesaver.

Comment

Gritty win. Nice to see Day back in the lineup. Lyon was the saviour of the season.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Lyon... and the post.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                                and the post.
                                a goaltenders best friend

Comment

Working...
                                X