Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Second chippy game in a row with Yale being the opportunistic team this time. As shown by the score sheet, Yales depth was the difference in the game. Cornell seems to rely too much on the first line and it showed as the game wore on. The first period was like the Colgate game never ended, Yale came out flying and earned a nice goal by Izmirlian, but by the end of the period Cornell was holding the puck deep in Yales zone and forechecking with effect. The wind seemed to come out of cornells sails after a beautiful pick pocket play by Ruffalo who somehow stripped Ryan of the puck as he was wheeling around his own net AND put it by the goalie in the same motion, great play. Cornell started gooning it up after that and seemed to be content to hit rather than try and make a play. Yale played their best period in the third and it was nice to see DiChiara get an assist from his wicked shot off Gilliams mask. I hate to say it, but the power play was even worse tonight.
    Was Yale's power play worse than Taylor's last couple of Yale team's?

Comment

Originally posted by Let's Go BLUE!!! View Post
      Was Yale's power play worse than Taylor's last couple of Yale team's?
      If Taylor's last couple of teams could actually enter the zone and set up a power play, then the answer is yes. My view is kind of skewed because Yale scored 11 of their 15 ppg's away from home. You have to admit 4 ppg's at ingalls is pretty sad.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

If Taylor's last couple of teams could actually enter the zone and set up a power play, then the answer is yes. My view is kind of skewed because Yale scored 11 of their 15 ppg's away from home. You have to admit 4 ppg's at ingalls is pretty sad.
        describing Yale's home pp as "sad" is being kind

Comment

T minus 34 hours and counting to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Thanks for the bump up of this thread VicB. This wait is killing me. I have been reduced to arguing with hockey columnists about who is the goalie of the year in the ECAC. Should be a great weekend of hockey coming up. I would like to watch some games but will not pay $9.95 a game for lousy feeds, so radio streaming it is. who would Yale like to see next week?. Harvard, Cornell, Clarkson, RPI or Union? Most likely scenario is Harvard if they win and Dartmouth takes care of Princeton. Good luck to all.
            Last edited by LTsatch; 03-05-2015, 02:18 PM.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Thanks for the bump up of this thread VicB. This wait is killing me. I have been reduced to arguing with hockey columnists about who is the goalie of the year in the ECAC. Should be a great weekend of hockey coming up. I would like to watch some games but will not pay $9.95 a game for lousy feeds, so radio streaming it is. who would Yale like to see next week? Princeton. Harvard, Cornell, Clarkson, RPI or Union? Most likely scenario is Harvard if they win and Dartmouth takes care of Princeton. Good luck to all.
              You cannot possibly play Princeton; the only team they can possibly meet in the quarters is Quinnipiac.

Comment

Thanks for the bump up of this thread VicB. This wait is killing me. I have been reduced to arguing with hockey columnists about who is the goalie of the year in the ECAC. Should be a great weekend of hockey coming up. I would like to watch some games but will not pay $9.95 a game for lousy feeds, so radio streaming it is. who would Yale like to see next week? Princeton. Harvard, Cornell, Clarkson, RPI or Union? Most likely scenario is Harvard if they win and Dartmouth takes care of Princeton. Good luck to all.
                You guys are about 82% to host Harvard next weekend.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  You cannot possibly play Princeton; the only team they can possibly meet in the quarters is Quinnipiac.
                  updated
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Well Yale will just have to beat them five times this year. We used to hope for five times in a decade!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Well Yale will just have to beat them five times this year. We used to hope for five times in a decade!
                      You guys should know more than most how hard it can be to beat a team four times in one season. I think you have a banner commemorating that difficulty somewhere in Ingalls.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I still think Brown's going to take Harvard, so I'm predicting a last-game rematch of Yale-Cornell.

Comment

Last reminder, T minus 9.5 hours and counting to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Since Yale has no hockey game to talk about this weekend (and even if they did), congratulations to the Men's Basketball team for their big win over Harvard in Cambridge tonight which clinched at least a share of the Ivy title.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                              Since Yale has no hockey game to talk about this weekend (and even if they did), congratulations to the Men's Basketball team for their big win over Harvard in Cambridge tonight which clinched at least a share of the Ivy title.
                              Unfortunately they forgot about Dartmouth. Big one game playoff with HVD in Philly next Saturday. Crimson hockey also coming back to town, talk about a rivalry weekend!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Hello New Haven people. I hope you don't mind if I ask this here, but what would you recommend for day parking around Ingalls on Saturday? We plan to arrive around mid day, take a campus tour, explore the museums, get a pizza, etc. before the game. Would the garage behind the rink work for that (all day), and roughly how much $? Or do you have a better suggestion. We'll want to get away easily after the game, generally.

Also, because of the way your Bulldogs have played our Crimson all year - yes even back when no one else could beat mighty Harvard - there is no point in my bragging about how confident I am in the series outcome. Though of course I am ever hopeful. But we are looking forward to a great trip and game in any event!

Thank you in advance . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X