Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

PS: For those looking for something to root for tomorrow, Harvard and Northeastern wins in the Beanpot (particularly Harvard) will move Yale back to 14th in the PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
      It's an interesting thought (I've discussed it before with Patman) but this year, I think not. The easy way to think about it is that you are, at best, trading a loss for two wins. Since our winning percentage is already around .667 that doesn't do much, even if you guaranteed two wins in the first round of the playoffs. And two wins against Princeton won't help much at all, as we saw last night. And Brown? I'd be far more worried about losing one to those guys. Let's take our two wins this year and leave them behind. (Still seeing that **** Harry Z...) So I'd say that at least 3 points next week is what we need to maintain our position and take it from there.
      From present look of things finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th in ECAC won't make a difference for our NCAA chances.
      Our current pairwise/RPI ranking is presently held back entirely by SOS. Almost regardless of outcomes this weekend we will need to advance to ECAC championship game in order to qualify for NCAAs. Anything short of that will take some 2013 magic.
      -------------
      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
        Nope. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/champi...0212_Fan_Guide

Eliminated last year after it almost cost Yale a national championship. Thugh of course as yalehockeyfan points out, it will always help the winner if they're on the bubble and hurt the loser.
        Hmmmmm, that seems really stupid so I'm sure the ECAC offices were all over it. Sorry I needed to be corrected.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

As for the whole losing to get additional 1st round games- I'd seriously doubt it. There is a tight group of teams in the 14-22ish band, similar to the cliff that was present with the TUC factor in seasons past. SLU with a loss and a tie last weekend @ QU/Princeton dropped them from 16 to 21 or so. Even with wins over Dartmouth and Harvard this weekend didn't help out much. Y'all wouldn't get a 1st round matchup with a team high enough to really benefit, most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            As for the whole losing to get additional 1st round games- I'd seriously doubt it. There is a tight group of teams in the 14-22ish band, similar to the cliff that was present with the TUC factor in seasons past. SLU with a loss and a tie last weekend @ QU/Princeton dropped them from 16 to 21 or so. Even with wins over Dartmouth and Harvard this weekend didn't help out much. Y'all wouldn't get a 1st round matchup with a team high enough to really benefit, most likely.
            Really stinks that ECAC parity hurts us in the PWR. Even Q is not assured doe to their poor and weak OOC schedule. We could be a 1 bid league.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
              We could be a 1 bid league.
              Yep
              Q was 3-5-1 against HE. Good thing they won those 2 against NE early. Might be the difference.
              Last edited by Dutchman; 02-22-2015, 05:12 PM.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                Really stinks that ECAC parity hurts us in the PWR. Even Q is not assured doe to their poor and weak OOC schedule. We could be a 1 bid league.
                Agreed. Chance for 2 if 1 of Harvard/Yale/Q makes it to championship without issues but loses to another. I don't see any real chance of 3 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Agreed. Chance for 2 if 1 of Harvard/Yale/Q makes it to championship without issues but loses to another. I don't see any real chance of 3 this year.
                  Yale or Colgate could sneak in with Q and an Autobid (us&#128521. It's too early to be honest. H or Q could still make it with a sweep next weekend and a Beapot win for H. I think it will come down to the Tourney results and 3 is what I hope for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    Yale or Colgate could sneak in with Q and an Autobid (us&#128521. It's too early to be honest. H or Q could still make it with a sweep next weekend and a Beapot win for H. I think it will come down to the Tourney results and 3 is what I hope for.
                    Issue with 3 is that assuming the ECAC AQ goes to a team outside top 14, then any other conference foes need to be in top 14 to make at-large. AHA participant will be outside the 16 seeds. That's why I'm very hesitant to hope Harvard or Yale can stick around for an at-large. QU can probably survive with just a trip to Lake Placid.

Comment

All these possibilities give me a headache. We may have to win the tournament to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                        All these possibilities give me a headache. We may have to win the tournament to qualify.
                        Remember that the Pairwise changed in 2013-14 and removed the 'record vs. TUC'
                        Given just how weak our schedule was this year, anyone care to guess where we would presently stand in Pairwise ranking with the system used just a couple years ago?
                        -------------

Comment

21st
                          -------------

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                            21st
                            Ouch, we are lucky to be in 15th after Harvards loss today, can't find the predictor online, will a Northeastern win help at all?
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                              Remember that the Pairwise changed in 2013-14 and removed the 'record vs. TUC'
                              Given just how weak our schedule was this year, anyone care to guess where we would presently stand in Pairwise ranking with the system used just a couple years ago?
                              Really easy to do with CHN's Pairwise customization tool. Yale would be #21 with 9 comparison wins (old RPI of .5323, 6-5-2 record vs. TUCs). In fact, Yale is the team that benefits most from the new system, being the only team to jump 6 spots. For the curious, Merrimack is the team that suffers the most, dropping 6 spots from 24th to 30th. Vermont and Harvard would have been in tournament positions at 15th and 13th, respectively, but under the new system are on the outside looking in.

EDIT: Looks like I spent too long typing!
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...ekend_2015.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X