Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    He hates Yale , move on. Although I agree that Yale was flat in the first.
    I don't actually, but sometimes the arrogance is a bit much. I also enjoyed listening to the Harvard fans saying last week they should rest their injured players for February and March. Maybe that's what Allain did since you can just win at will against anyone in the league?
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
      Calm down. Even your own announcers said you got dominated, no quality chances and the last goal was just weird. As for dominating OT - uh no. An unscreened shot from the point hit the post. Everyone knew at that point Lyon was a bit hungover from the prayer he let in. An unscreened shot from high slot went through the wickets for the gamer.

Hey, you're what 12-10? With zero offense? Way for those kids to not give up, play the full 60. We beat Harvard 2x too. At this point they're better than Yale. And Yale is better than StL. Despite a gutsy, gift win.

That's about the size of it.
      Also love the zero offense comment. SLU has 40 goals in 13 league games, Yale has 27. In 25 games, SLU has 74 goals for 2.96 per game. In 19 games Yale has 45 for 2.36 per game. Fluky goals count too, but if you watched Horn over his career he can thread the needle with his shots which is what he did last night. Your post doesn't speak well for the Yale statistics department. But anyway, thanks for the "gift".
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Just received word that a few tickets have become available at the Yale Athletics website for the Saturday night Quinnipiac game.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice to see Yale rebound with an expected win. Still no killer instinct. Saw the hit on Hayden and he was on his knees when hit from behind. Refs made Brockett and Princeton pay. Frankie DiChiara Star #1!
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Saturday night, at home, against QU. Time to step up and make a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
              Saturday night, at home, against QU. Time to step up and make a statement.
              Especially when QU has jumped over Yale in the Pairwise. Yale dropped to 17th after the Princeton win and QU is now 16th. Harvard's recent stuggles have not helped Yale in the PWR rankings either. go figure.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Well, I was hoping for a better statement, but it certainly is better than a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                  Well, I was hoping for a better statement, but it certainly is better than a loss.
                  I thought they played well tonight. Solid effort against a good team. QU always up for Yale. They had chances - 1 where Doherty I think was all alone in front of goalie and got tripped. Yale got a PP but should have gotten a penalty shot IMHO. These are the kind of games they are going to play down the stretch against quality opponents. The StL loss was bad, but not this. 3 pts is a good weekend. Still plenty of time left to see how it all shakes out. Was pleased to see Lyon kinda joking around with refs in front of me before start of OT. Also OB joined rush several times and the wrister from the point was a beauty. Was actually happy to see them not fool around with PU on Fri. Same with Brown 2 weeks ago. They are playing very sound hockey now. Should beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Teams like QU, Colgate etc will be nail-biters. Need to get to 20 wins or better by the end.

Comment

Wondering why Yale was not allowed a review of the possible goal when Keith asked? Overall Yale played well, the Hayden and O'Gara penalties were a joke, but Yale also got away with a few non calls as did QU. Lack of PP production certainly is killing Yale this year. Very poor zone entry again tonight.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Wondering why Yale was not allowed a review of the possible goal when Keith asked? Overall Yale played well, the Hayden and O'Gara penalties were a joke, but Yale also got away with a few non calls as did QU. Lack of PP production certainly is killing Yale this year. Very poor zone entry again tonight.
                      Don't know why they didnt review it because they usually do but it wouldve been a waste of time to review it cause it clearly didnt go in from my vantage point. Good game. Looking forward to the rematch in 3 weeks
                      Quinnipiac University '15
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                      ECAC Championship: 2016
                      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                        Don't know why they didnt review it because they usually do but it wouldve been a waste of time to review it cause it clearly didnt go in from my vantage point. Good game. Looking forward to the rematch in 3 weeks
                        @LTsatch - you are right. Special teams, lack of scoring threat is team's Achilles heel. If someone can step up, they're on their way. If not, we're in for a long stretch of these types of games and sweating out the PWR. Of course, we were sweating out the PWR 2 years ago and...😄

Comment

NHR reported that Allain asked his players if the puck went in, they replied no. It would have cost him a time out. He didn't want to waste it.

Comment

Slightly important ancient rivalry tonight. Harvard, i am sure has revenge on the mind, if they played like they did against BU, it will be one hell of a game. Yale needs to bring the pressure early and keep the Crimson D pinned in their zone, just like the first two games. The Dartmouth game will be just as difficult, they are playing well lately and have nothing to lose. A few goals above the lousy season average would also help this weekend, must get the power play going if Yale wants to advance anywhere.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Very satisfying win tonight - on many levels. Yale's lack of a finisher, other than Hayden showed itself again tonight, but didn't cost them. They really must be in Harvard's heads because they don't look like the same team I saw in the Beanpot the other night. 1st goal seemed like a softy again, but 2nd one was not his fault. Nice pass from Izmirlian & Hayden just put the biscuit in the basket. Forecheck again excellent, although strangely, I thought penalty kill, power play looked a bit out of sync. But 5-on-5, this one was no contest. With Clarkson loss, we're now tied for 3rd. Only thing I can say for Harvard is, 2 years ago we were racked by injuries & hit the skids. This team still looks dangerous & has time to get its act together. One other thing I saw from Yale tonight, excellent passing - pucks seemed to always hit the tape, in addition to Allain's really excellent positional hockey. That tip play they always use with a forward up the half boards or at the red line creates a lot of chances, allows for efficient line changes when they need them. It's weird that you don't see other teams do this, but I'm glad our well coached team does. I think Repensky is turning into a heck of a player. And OB has a real dangerous shot from the point. I see Lyon growing more comfortable back there. Yeah, they dinged the post once, but hey, every good goalie gets one of those. He's not a stand on your head 63 shot guy, but they don't need him to be. He's just a really good goalie who shows more poise with each game - esp since StL hiccup. Just feeling really good after this game. I've got tix to both the b-ball & hockey games tomorrow night. I'll probably drop in on them both at some point. Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
                                Very satisfying win tonight - on many levels. Yale's lack of a finisher, other than Hayden showed itself again tonight, but didn't cost them. They really must be in Harvard's heads because they don't look like the same team I saw in the Beanpot the other night. 1st goal seemed like a softy again, but 2nd one was not his fault. Nice pass from Izmirlian & Hayden just put the biscuit in the basket. Forecheck again excellent, although strangely, I thought penalty kill, power play looked a bit out of sync. But 5-on-5, this one was no contest. With Clarkson loss, we're now tied for 3rd. Only thing I can say for Harvard is, 2 years ago we were racked by injuries & hit the skids. This team still looks dangerous & has time to get its act together. One other thing I saw from Yale tonight, excellent passing - pucks seemed to always hit the tape, in addition to Allain's really excellent positional hockey. That tip play they always use with a forward up the half boards or at the red line creates a lot of chances, allows for efficient line changes when they need them. It's weird that you don't see other teams do this, but I'm glad our well coached team does. I think Repensky is turning into a heck of a player. And OB has a real dangerous shot from the point. I see Lyon growing more comfortable back there. Yeah, they dinged the post once, but hey, every good goalie gets one of those. He's not a stand on your head 63 shot guy, but they don't need him to be. He's just a really good goalie who shows more poise with each game - esp since StL hiccup. Just feeling really good after this game. I've got tix to both the b-ball & hockey games tomorrow night. I'll probably drop in on them both at some point. Go Blue!
                                What was wrong with fallen tonight? Hardly played, and when he did he was below average. Is he hurt? Sick?
                                O'Keefe dressed tonight as a forward, is everyone else hurt or sick?

Comment

Working...
                                X