UAF @ WMU: Bronooks? Nanoncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAF @ WMU: Bronooks? Nanoncos?

Alaska hits the road to K-zoo to dredge up repressed CCHA memories. The 'Nooks are 4-0-0, Broncos 1-3-0.

Discuss.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Re: UAF @ WMU: Bronooks? Nanoncos?

Beat me to it...

Not too many Bronco fans hang around this board, but Nook fans are excited and encouraged by the start of our season and are already looking forward to next week’s final non-conference games against WMU.

WMU split with Canisius and dropped two to UNO, so they are 1-3-0 with combined 8 goals for and 13 goals against.

Alaska has won both the Kendall Classic and the Brice Alaska Goal Rush tourneys, having beaten Wisconsin, Maine, Air Force, and Penn State along the way. Looked good at times but also had their struggles. They are 4-0-0 and have a combined 14 goals for and 8 goals against. But they haven’t left Alaska yet…

Alaska has fairly good team speed, is pretty solid in all four lines, has a number of energy guys that force an up-tempo pace, a studly d-man, and solid goaltending. Our team defense needs some work but so far we have bent but not broken.

We have seven freshmen, including four forwards. Each forward has already notched their first goal as a Nook, and are a combined 7-3-10 in four games. Excellent start for the freshmen class.

This will be their first of six trips out of state and a tough test for the Nooks. It’s the start of a two week trip, impacting full class loads, and the first true road trip for our freshmen. After being swept, the Broncos will be playing with some determination and the Nooks may be a bit overconfident. Somehow they need to step up and maintain intensity. These games could be pivotal in our quest for post season play.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Not to derail this lively discussion, but questions for WMU fans:

Looks like my group will be making our first trip to Kalamazoo in a few weekends. How hard are tickets going to be to get for the SCSU series, and where would you recommend going about to get them (especially if there's a way to avoid fees)? Where would you recommend staying if all we really care about from a hotel is location to rink and cheap cuz we don't spend much time in the hotel; all we care about is not needing to worry about driving. Then obviously where to eat, what bars to go to, and what else to do? Our group is in our late 20s, early 30s if that makes any sort of difference.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Not to derail this lively discussion, but questions for WMU fans:

Looks like my group will be making our first trip to Kalamazoo in a few weekends. How hard are tickets going to be to get for the SCSU series, and where would you recommend going about to get them (especially if there's a way to avoid fees)? Where would you recommend staying if all we really care about from a hotel is location to rink and cheap cuz we don't spend much time in the hotel; all we care about is not needing to worry about driving. Then obviously where to eat, what bars to go to, and what else to do? Our group is in our late 20s, early 30s if that makes any sort of difference.
        Go to the Beer Exchange.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Go to the Beer Exchange.
          Stop hijacking the thread I am in the midst of hijacking!

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Stop hijacking the thread I am in the midst of hijacking!
            I like turtles
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              I like turtles
              I like well endowed women. And beer.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                I like well endowed women.
                Like these?

http://www.minusspace.com/2008/12/nea-womenartists/

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Dude those are the _airbanks hall of fame "Hooter Calender Girls".
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Hubba hubba.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Gameday. GO NOOKS!

Comment

Nanook lines are out. Cahill getting the start tonight.

Comment

And a couple of media previews:

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na....html?mode=jqm

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...-faibanks.html

Comment

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Nooks go up 1-0 on a PP goal by Nolan Kaiser (Parayko, Krieger) about 5 min into the third.

Edit: and that's the final...1-0 Nooks
                              Last edited by mmf; 10-24-2014, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X