PDA

View Full Version : arf arf bark bark MTU Huskies visit Ferris Bulldogs

huskyfan
10-19-2014, 08:53 PM
so, you are number 4 in the nation. should we be scared? do we have a chance? should we save the bus money and forfeit? is it cold inside the arena? how are the concessions? do you serve beer?

huskyfan
10-19-2014, 09:01 PM
do you have the MacNaughton displayed? isn't it pretty? we want it back. badly. its ours. really.

Critical Thinker
10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
is it cold inside the arena?

It's the coldest arena I've ever been in. Probably nothing compared to a Houghton January, but still pretty bad.

do you serve beer?

On campus facility, so no.

do we have a chance?

That's probably dependent upon ebola striking Big Rapids in the next week, but considering last weekend's performance, maybe you do have a chance.

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Big triple-header weekend for Tech and Ferris. A pair of hockey games in Big Rapids where Tech would do well to earn a road split. Meanwhile, their undefeated football teams meet in Houghton to determine the likely GLIAC champ.

bigblue_dl
10-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Big triple-header weekend for Tech and Ferris. A pair of hockey games in Big Rapids where Tech would do well to earn a road split. Meanwhile, their undefeated football teams meet in Houghton to determine the likely GLIAC champ.

So, really, just 2 games that matter.

stuckinwi
10-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Came close to this being our road trip this year. Decided on Mankato instead due to the timing of it all...

I do look forward to visiting your shoebox of an arena sometime ;)

manurespreader
10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
I would say this will be a great set of games. Tech has to stay out of the box and not give up the easy early goal, a la STL.

darker98
10-20-2014, 09:03 PM

Does Grand Valley State suck? Haven't heard from the Monster in about a year plus.

oldish husky
10-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Does Grand Valley State suck? Haven't heard from the Monster in about a year plus.

Yes. Also, their football team hasn't had a good year.

huskyfan
10-22-2014, 07:28 AM
we are looking forward to visiting. friends went last year and had a fun time. friendly fans, small, nice arena, good brew pubs. split on the road, split on the road, split on the road.

bigblue_dl
10-22-2014, 07:38 AM

You'll have to ask the club hockey board, Grand Valley isn't D1.

Wi.Huskies Fan
10-23-2014, 02:11 AM
I am thinking a split down in Big Rapids. It is a tough place to play with the fans right on top of you. (Never been there, but that's what I hear). Motte is tough in the net, but if he has an off weekend a sweep wouldn't surprise me either.;)

JohnsonsJerseys
10-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Ferris being a "top-ranked" team at this point in the season means nothing. The poll is full of teams with one win, teams with a .500 record, teams who have yet to play their first game, or in the case of #14 Michigan a losing record. Polls mean nothing until you've played at least 10 games and won at least 70% of them.

I would have loved to attend the games, but Ferris forgot to build the visitors' side of the rink. I guess I'll have to settle for watching it in HD (or whatever they call the feed) on WCHA.TV. An FSU v MTU match-up at the GLI will be far more telling than games this early in the season. A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.

Ryan J

redwing61
10-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Ferris being a "top-ranked" team at this point in the season means nothing. ... A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.

"Are you with us?"

Ferris State is a great team. Michigan Tech might be a great team, too. Now let's find out. Bring four points back to Houghton, Techsters. Huskies Number One!

oldish husky
10-23-2014, 09:25 AM
A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.

Ryan J

I sort of see what you are saying, but a sweep for either team is huge in where they finish in the final standings. How many teams were within 1-2 points in the middle of the WCHA at the end of last season? A four point swing can move you 5-6 spots at the end of the year.