PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Anchorage at Maine Oct. 24 and 25: Because Airline Miles are a thing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jimjamesak
10-19-2014, 03:38 PM
UAA gets the experience of Hockey East referees we've heard about.

Suze
10-19-2014, 04:42 PM
UAA gets the experience of Hockey East referees we've heard about.

They can't be any worse than the WCHA refs we've seen lately. Heard the team was flying out tomorrow, so jet lag shouldn't be much of a factor. I am so proud of my boys ... just work on not taking those major penalties guys!

Jimjamesak
10-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Since, I'm assuming, these games aren't on TV does anybody know of an online feed?

all bear
10-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Since, I'm assuming, these games aren't on TV does anybody know of an online feed?

www.goblackbears.com

Wolfman
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
So looks like we are ranked #25. That is great. This team is rolling! Pretty excited about this team!

UAA08
10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
So looks like we are ranked #25. That is great. This team is rolling! Pretty excited about this team!

I'm pretty sure we are ranked #20 in the new poll. Hope it doesn't go to their heads. We have a long ways to go. But it's nice to see some national recognition.

7 WCHA teams in the polls.

Jimjamesak
10-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we are ranked #20 in the new poll. Hope it doesn't go to their heads. We have a long ways to go. But it's nice to see some national recognition.

7 WCHA teams in the polls.
Yeah, I don't really like being ranked this early in the season. Usually it doesn't end well.
Only 4 WCHA teams really. But 4 WCHA teams in the polls is insanely awesome.

Wolfman
10-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I don't really like being ranked this early in the season. Usually it doesn't end well.

My bad I mean #20

UAA08
10-20-2014, 09:41 PM

Since the 2008 season, I can remember us being ranked once in the top 20. But if you really think about it, I think it's deserved. NMU's sweep against Wisconsin was obviously worth less than the shared sweep of Wisconsin by F U and UAA.

Seawolf Fan
10-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Besides getting used to waking at O'dark 30 the two days in Boston will hopefully bring some bonding.
Then a 4 + hour 240 mile bus ride may bring back memories of Juniors.

all bear
10-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Besides getting used to waking at O'dark 30 the two days in Boston will hopefully bring some bonding.
Then a 4 + hour 240 mile bus ride may bring back memories of Juniors.

Nah, that 4 hr + bus ride usually just has the Boston area teams whimpering, sobbing and crying like little babies..... oh my gawd, what an awfully boring drive...wah,wah,wah

Jimjamesak
10-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Nah, that 4 hr + bus ride usually just has the Boston area teams whimpering, sobbing and crying like little babies..... oh my gawd, what an awfully boring drive...wah,wah,wah
Oh how this is true, I remember being in New England and people looked at us crazy because we drove from Providence to Hartford for a game, and then drove back to Providence. And it's like 2 hours driving between the two.

Alaska Hockey
10-21-2014, 09:00 PM
The Seawolves hear that from every team that plays in Anchorage but _airbanks.....they can't wait to get anywhere with running hot water and no outhouses.

The Zlax45
10-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Oh how this is true, I remember being in New England and people looked at us crazy because we drove from Providence to Hartford for a game, and then drove back to Providence. And it's like 2 hours driving between the two.

This is so true in New Engkand...I still live here

uaafanblog
10-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Here's my take on this weekend's series fwiw ... Looking Forward To This Weekend (http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/i-got-my-brain-back-couple-of-days-early.html)

Seawolf Fan
10-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Somewhat surprised no Black Bear has chimed in commenting on Coach Thomas time on the island.
Perhaps after the Coach's lunch Friday?
Or do the Black Bears do that?
I meant have a Coach's lunch. Not chime in. But maybe that also.

Jimjamesak
10-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Somewhat surprised no Black Bear has chimed in commenting on Coach Thomas time on the island.
Perhaps after the Coaches lunch Friday?
Or do the Black Bears do that?
Or that one of our assistants is an alum.

Seawolf Fan
10-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Or that one of our assistants is an alum.
That played in the show!!!!
And now has his family living in the Greatland.
Thanks Black Bears!

Scarlet
10-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Saw pics of the team at Fenway Park today, and practicing at Agganis Arena. Not sure why they didn't fly to Maine. Smart move coming in early as the weather here is awful right now.

Jimjamesak
10-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Saw pics of the team at Fenway Park today, and practicing at Agganis Arena. Not sure why they didn't fly to Maine. Smart move coming in early as the weather here is awful right now.
More fun to stay in Boston, practice and get use to the time zone.