Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

We needed a thread. Now we have one.

UMD had a tough loss in OT to MSU last night. UMD needs better goaltending and a better start to make the game more competitive. Let's hope MSU is distracted by their banner raising ceremony.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

UMD had a tough loss in OT to MSU last night. UMD needs better goaltending and a better start to make the game more competitive. Let's hope MSU is distracted by their banner raising ceremony.

You got hosed on that call in OT.

Spilt milk and all, I get it and starting out down 4-1 doesn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

We did. But we might have been the beneficiary of a no goal call in the second period. When I saw it live, I thought it was good because as soon as it crossed the line the Mav ran into McNeely. Now they reviewed extensively but ultimately ruled no goal. The folks on twitter who had access to the replay didn't agree with the call, so perhaps we got away with one there.

Officiating was inconsistent and poor all night. I hate to rip officiating unless it was egregious and cost a team the game and you could argue that for last night. I'd rather see better goaltending and a better start for UMD before ripping officiating.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

That was much better. Team played much better and scored a PP, ENG and SHG.

Gotta sweep DU at home.
        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, Biddy. Now if you can get folks like RWD, DHG, and Beersong to post in here, I won't have to rely on Twitter so much.

I noted in Friday's DNT, Sandelin mentioned they only won 5 games at Amsoil last year and how that is a point of emphasis for improvement this year.

So, I know the "one game at a time" mantra the players have to follow, but I wondered how many games at home they will win the next two weekends? At home vs. Denver and Miami...
          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
            Thanks for starting this thread, Biddy. Now if you can get folks like RWD, DHG, and Beersong to post in here, I won't have to rely on Twitter so much.

I noted in Friday's DNT, Sandelin mentioned they only won 5 games at Amsoil last year and how that is a point of emphasis for improvement this year.

So, I know the "one game at a time" mantra the players have to follow, but I wondered how many games at home they will win the next two weekends? At home vs. Denver and Miami...
            They rarely post here at all.

What you mean the 8th and 6th place teams in the NCHC? We'll sweep em both Dogs need to go 3-1 in those games to make some headway on that home record. I didn't realize how terrible it was. Only 5 wins? That's turrible.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Actually 2 ENG's.

Goaltending was great last night. Hope that continues.

Biddco, how come your weren't down in the corner last night where we always sit in Mankato?

Comment

Originally posted by Amsoil View Post
                Actually 2 ENG's.

Goaltending was great last night. Hope that continues.

Biddco, how come your weren't down in the corner last night where we always sit in Mankato?
                I would have gone there, like I normally do, but the people I was going to go with couldn't make it. The person I went to the game with is a Mavs fan and has season tickets near where I was. She knew there would be empty seats near them and I could sit there despite just having an SRO ticket. I took the sure thing instead of being SRO and being alone.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Haha
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

No they didn't. The guy had his stick in front of the player and pulled him down. It was a weak but easy call to make.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut
                      I agree. We are dogs fans and were excited to get a game on fsn.

Told my 9 year old that a captain should know better than to even give the other guy a chance to dive by reaching around the guy like that.
                      I agree 100% that it was not a bright move to get his stick out in front of the guy. Having said that, it was a classic case of embellishment. I watched it a number of times by going back on the dvr and it was a very bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut
                        I agree. We are dogs fans and were excited to get a game on fsn.

Told my 9 year old that a captain should know better than to even give the other guy a chance to dive by reaching around the guy like that.
                        This is the correct assessment of the call. To say he pulled him down is not true. But he did have stick around the guy and gave him a chance to dive, which he did, and the ref called it. In overtime.

I have reffed enough hockey to know that is not a call you make it OT. The top two penalty critera are: takes away a direct scoring chance and injury potential Officials are also instructed to account for game situation. Since this call was made along boards in the neutral zone...not really denying a direct scoring chance. No injury potential so why make this call in OT? That official stepped on his dick calling that penalty.
                        tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          No they didn't. The guy had his stick in front of the player and pulled him down. It was a weak but easy call to make.

It was a bad call for the reasons cited above.

If the ref felt like he had to make that call, he should have also taken the MSUM player for embellishment and matched them up.

Comment

The reffing was off all night. Having a bad call in overtime wasn't surprising given how poorly the game was officiated. Some Mav fans I talked to said the ice was bad in that area and that was the reason the mav player fell down. I don't know about that but I believe the MSU player couldn't believe there was a penalty on the play.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Is it November 14th yet?
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X