No announcement yet.

tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    How do you suppose Nodak fans find a way to get 1500 fans into a supposed sold out mariucci? All I'm saying is if you think only 100 Nodak fans will be at your neato new arena you are going to be disappointed.
    I'll be interested in seeing just how successful they are. It'll be wholly dependent on how many seats are made available for each game to the other team and, to what extent UNO fans sell them on the secondary market that end up in North Dakota fan's hands. FYI, I'd give my tickets to a customer, or something, if I couldn't go, before I'd let them get into the hands of "the enemy".

The only schools that have ever had a (consistent) significant opposing team fan's presence in our building, anyway, are North Dakota, and, bizarrely, Bemidji State, of all things. North Dakota has played us 6 times here in Omaha, with those 6 games averaging 9,405 people per game, much of the "padding" of the attendance courtesy of North Dakota fan.

I'm sure that if they can find a way, they'll get in. But, it's gonna be far tougher and more expensive, I bet.

Comment

Congrats on the sweep, tDogs. See you this weekend.

Who is going to be in Duluth?
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Who is going to be in Duluth?[/QUOTE]

I'll be there...but I think I'll just go home after game.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I'll be there...but I think I'll just go home after game.
          I assume you'll be up for a pre-game drink or three though..?
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            I assume you'll be up for a pre-game drink or three though..?
            definetly.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              definetly.
              Joe Howe!
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Well done Bulldogs.
                UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Gopher Killers!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Team is on a roll! winners of five in a row with some of their best games played. Sweeping in SCSU for the first time in 15 years and sweeping UMTC for the first time in 5. It's good to be a Bulldog.

Now let's hope there is no let down against UNO. Our last six games before the break are UNO, CC and MTU. You'd hope they'd be able to go 4-2 in that stretch. Anything better is gravy. Hopefully split with UNO and MTU (UNO is the most sweepable I think) and CC is must sweep.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

While dining at London Road Bwoods last night, saw a large group of young men stream in and head back to private room. After figuring they were too short to be BB players, we asked our waitress and she revealed their affliation: CC Tigers.

Had to restrain from heading back and throwing a GO BULLDOGS!! down on them....

Should be a good series and anything less than a sweep for tUMD would be a fail. Little worried about CC frosh goalier Chase Perry, a Red Wing draft pick. He is from Andover so maybe CAL DECOWSKI will have some intel on him.
                      tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                        While dining at London Road Bwoods last night, saw a large group of young men stream in and head back to private room. After figuring they were too short to be BB players, we asked our waitress and she revealed their affliation: CC Tigers.

Had to restrain from heading back and throwing a GO BULLDOGS!! down on them....

Should be a good series and anything less than a sweep for tUMD would be a fail. Little worried about CC frosh goalier Chase Perry, a Red Wing draft pick. He is from Andover so maybe CAL DECOWSKI will have some intel on him.
                        That place always seems to have hockey teams before games. This series is an absolute must sweep. Anything less than 6 points will be embarrassing
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Great OT win for tUMD. I was at game and tDawgs started very slowly offensively and Kas let in a soft second goal...too far back in net and backhander from RW rush leaked through. tUMD did not start to get going offensively until lines were shufffled about halfway through the game. Krause was reunited with Toninoto and Iafallo and they clicked right away. tUMD started throw more shots on net and that led to their goals in regulation. Tying and winning goals were both due to determination at the net and beating CC to loose rebounds.

Job halfway done for weekend.
                          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                            Great OT win for tUMD. I was at game and tDawgs started very slowly offensively and Kas let in a soft second goal...too far back in net and backhander from RW rush leaked through. tUMD did not start to get going offensively until lines were shufffled about halfway through the game. Krause was reunited with Toninoto and Iafallo and they clicked right away. tUMD started throw more shots on net and that led to their goals in regulation. Tying and winning goals were both due to determination at the net and beating CC to loose rebounds.

Job halfway done for weekend.
                            That was a very nice win for UMD. Half the game was basically them shaking off the rust from the bye weekend. They looked out of sorts. You could tell in the second half of the third period they had found their mojo and were clicking. Thank god they won that game because that would have been embarrassing (for a while it looked like it was going to be the second most embarrassing game of the weekend if that LSSU-UND score had held). It was cool to see them so jacked up after the GTG and of course with the GWG OT goal. What a fantastic win and I'd imagine they'd get it done tonight.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Just win baby.

Comment

Anyone else find it odd Kaskisuo was pulled when Sandelin hadn't done it before when they were down? The paper said it was a combination of sending a message and unhappiness with the second goal.

Also, anyone else cringe as much as I do when opposing announcers call them the "Duluth Bulldogs"??? Is this the "Omaha" effect? Or a holdover from those awful "Duluth" jerseys?

Comment

Working...
                                X