Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Originally posted by devildog View Post
    I may have this wrong, but from what I thought I heard after the game Saturday night, the Cats only got one point for the S.O. win because, and this is my assumption, that the WCHA does not have a shoot out rule. I know the Big Ten has a shoot out rule, so I again am assuming that had Penn St won the S.O., they would have garnered an additional point. My final assumption is that had either team scored in the overtime, that team would have received an extra point, while the other got one.
    Since we had a point once overtime started, and the S.O. was an exercise in futility, why didn't we pull our goalie toward the end of overtime?
    No points are awarded for non-conference games. Conference standings are based on conference games only. In terms of Pairwise the Saturday game counts as a tie.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Because points are only used in league play in college hockey, not in non-conference games.

Neither team got any "points" this weekend. A shootout in a non-league game is strictly for show and has no bearing on anything in the eyes of the NCAA. I'm sure Penn State wanted the practice for their shooters and goalie, and NMU said OK since it sounded fun.
      This.

This answer times 1000.

No school "earns points" during non conference play.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        No points are awarded for non-conference games. Conference standings are based on conference games only. In terms of Pairwise the Saturday game counts as a tie.
        Since the CCHA and now B1G and NCHC began awarding ties, has a visiting school said, "**** naw, we're not doing that mess?" I know that UAH went to penalties against UNO in December.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
          All NCHC regular-season conference match-ups will feature a shootout should the game end in a tie at the conclusion of a five-minute overtime period and any game that uses a shootout will be officially recorded as a tie within the overall record of each team. The Pairwise ranking will be calculated knowing the game was officially recorded as a tie.

The shootout will start with three shooters for each team, but should the shootout be tied at the conclusion of the initial three shooters, a sudden-death round with one shooter from each team will go until a winner is declared. Goaltenders will not switch ends during the shootout.

Each conference game will also be worth three points. Three points will be awarded to any team that wins a game in regulation or within the five-minute sudden-death overtime period. One point will be awarded to each team in a game that remains tied at the conclusion of overtime period. One additional point will be awarded to the team who wins the shootout, giving that team two points total for winning the game in a shootout. A team that loses in regulation or during the five-minute overtime period will not get any points.

Nonconference games held in NCHC venues will also feature a shootout with mutual agreement from the visiting institutions. NCHC tournament games will not feature shootouts with the exception of the third-place game of the NCHC championship that will use a five-minute, sudden-death overtime followed by the shootout.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2013/08/15/nchc...#ixzz3PxtxyYRh
          So which team - NMU or Penn State - do you think is in the NCHC?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            This ridiculous conflation is ridiculous.

Here's the thing sparky ... members of the faculty, janitors, dishwashers and secretaries ARE NOT high profile publicly known people who have part of their job representing the university. While I personally couldn't care if Walt Kyle was buggering some married bimbo behind his wife's back there are many many people at NMU who do. And trust me on this ... the whole "representing the university" bit is endemic at these institutions.

If Kyle keeps his job it'll be surprising.
            In the words of the late Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise."

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              So which team - NMU or Penn State - do you think is in the NCHC?
              Neither. I posted this as a follow up to how I closed out my previous thread where I said "not sure what the NCHC does."

Thanks though.
              Go Cats!

Comment

So, Red Berensen can whip his d*ck out in public and be praised, yet Walt gets railroaded for not breaking any rules?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The whole scenario smells fishy.

Doesn't it seem convenient that this came out, happened, and was resolved all during a non-conference weekend?

The FOIA won't tell us anything since it would be heavily redacted. Only the involved parties will know for sure, and dollars to donuts they aren't going to be spilling the beans any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan
                    Nice to be able to sweep it under the rug.
                    What was swept if no violations were found?

Comment

• Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan
                      Nice to be able to sweep it under the rug.
                      Looks like a Pink Pony has crawled out from under the rug.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

From a broadcast interview:

"I have some issues in my personal life, and the university felt these issues could potentially impact me professionally," said coach Walt Kyle. "To the university's credit they did their due diligence, wanted to make sure nothing improper was taking place, and they did that. They wanted to put some firewalls in place moving forward, they've done that. I respect everything that they've done and I respect everyone that's in charge of the university. I'm exceptionally happy to be back. I've had tons of correspondence with friends and supporters in the community and I want to thank them. I love the community and the university and the hockey team and nobody is happier to be back than me."

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...3#.VMekri5q3gA

I think this pretty much closes the book.
                        Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 01-27-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Dave Shyiak for the next Head Coach! Heart of a lion, family man, and great passion and hockey knowledge. He's got my support!!!

Comment

Northern!!! the school that keeps on giving.

Shyiak for Head Coach!! put some class back in your program!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Looks like Kyle's sabbatical paid off...NMU won handily tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildcatFan2013 View Post
                                Dave Shyiak for the next Head Coach! Heart of a lion, family man, and great passion and hockey knowledge. He's got my support!!!
                                80-177-33 (.333) as a head coach with no winning seasons.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X