No announcement yet.

UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is SantaGuida playing in an important game? This makes no sense. He is tiny and he can't control rebounds. Disastrous combination. Playing him and keeping Hoffman on the bench is a crime.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
      Why is SantaGuida playing in an important game? This makes no sense. He is tiny and he can't control rebounds. Disastrous combination. Playing him and keeping Hoffman on the bench is a crime.
      Lukko and Pattyn not helping tonight. 1st goal Santaguida's fault (with assist from Pattyn).. 3 was Lukko.. 2 was just bad luck on Paliotta..
      Last edited by Kdaddy1968; 10-31-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

same ole XX. some things never change
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
          Lukko and Pattyn not helping tonight. 1st goal Santaguida's fault (with assist from Pattyn).. 3 was Lukko.. 2 was just bad luck on Paliotta..
          You have to give Depauli some credit for that 3rd goal. Not sure you can put all the blame on Lukko....

Comment

• Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            Why is SantaGuida playing in an important game? This makes no sense. He is tiny and he can't control rebounds. Disastrous combination. Playing him and keeping Hoffman on the bench is a crime.
            Was surprised to see that as well. I wonder if Hoffman is sick or injured?

Comment

Tough loss. I think they played pretty well overall. I think this is a better team out of VT in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                You have to give Depauli some credit for that 3rd goal. Not sure you can put all the blame on Lukko....
                He had a few other "oops" moments. The 3rd goal was good but he did let him in a long way..

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                  Tough loss. I think they played pretty well overall. I think this is a better team out of VT in a long time.
                  Agreed. Think they played much, much better than the UConn game, or the first Clarkson game. Unfortunately though, this felt a lot like some of the games from last year, particularly the Northeastern and Providence games at home, where we outplayed the opponent by a pretty good margin, and still came away with a loss. Drives me nuts!

Don't think there was anything wrong with Hoffman. I think the plan was to give them each a start and, for the only time I remember, Sneddon decided to go with Santa first. Can't say I really question that decision. Interesting comments by Sneddon on the game-winning ND goal in the BFP today -- "That's a play our defenseman should have been able to handle and our goaltender normally makes that save." Throwing Luukko and Santa under the bus a little? Tough loss, but hopefully we can come back strong and salvage a split.

Comment

Disappointing result to a very well played game. The Cats outskated the Irish, and really controlled play for the majority of the game. The generated a lot of offense, kept the puck in the offensive zone and just really outskated ND.

Glad to see Reyonlds finally pot one as well as J. Priviterra. Hopefully this will translate into them relaxing a bit and finding the net more often. Overall the team played well, ND just made the most of their opportunities plain and simple. The D were relatively solid, but when they made a mistake ND made the most of it.

Santaguida played well and made some really spectacular saves. I don't fault him for any of those goals. The 3rd one he maybe should have had but he was moving the wrong way and that was a snipers goal. I like both our tenders a lot. They are different goalies with different styles. Santa's smaller and more agile and generally quicker. Hoff is much larger, positionally sound, but doesn't move side to side that well. They are going to rotate this season and deservedly so. No one should be surprised to see Santa in net last night. Prior to coming in he was 1-0-0 with a 1.000 sv% and a 0GAA... why wouldn't he get a start?

Hoff will be in net tonight. But that loss can't be pinned on Santa...

That loss can be pinned on a goalie, just not ours. The Irish goalie played really well, UVM generated a lot of shots, and not all of them were grade A chances but there were a fair amount and the sustained pressure they put on that goalie was nice to see for a change. It could have easily been 3-0 after the first for UVM and 6-0 after the 2nd. He had a stellar game...

The positive out of it was UVM outplayed a very good team and possible more importantly, even when they went down 2-0 they kept fighting and got back to 2-2, where they were still putting on good pressure. If they play that way all season they will be just fine.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Agreed. Think they played much, much better than the UConn game, or the first Clarkson game. Unfortunately though, this felt a lot like some of the games from last year, particularly the Northeastern and Providence games at home, where we outplayed the opponent by a pretty good margin, and still came away with a loss. Drives me nuts!

Don't think there was anything wrong with Hoffman. I think the plan was to give them each a start and, for the only time I remember, Sneddon decided to go with Santa first. Can't say I really question that decision. Interesting comments by Sneddon on the game-winning ND goal in the BFP today -- "That's a play our defenseman should have been able to handle and our goaltender normally makes that save." Throwing Luukko and Santa under the bus a little? Tough loss, but hopefully we can come back strong and salvage a split.

I don't take that as throwing them under the bus. Lukko gave up too much ground on that. That one is more on Lukko than Santa. The shot was great just never should have had so much room to take it. Lukko was having an off game on several fronts. He and Pattyn were the worst of the 6 D last night.

Comment

If speaking the truth is throwing someone under the bus then lets start cancelling all post game conferences
                        overwise coaches couldnt answer any questions.

Lukko is at fault and i'm sure he knows it...you cant let that guy on that play cut to the middle when you have the
                        next 3 skaters trailing him...keep him wide and nothing happens.

Penalty on Vt in last minute was lame...3 pens on Vt last night when 2 players make equal contact...all 3 should have
                        been no calls.

Announcer needs to check his stats...kept saying Vermont was 6-0 you would think someone would correct him eventually.

Building was pretty empty but thats prob because of Halloween.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

The first goal friday night would gave been prevented by the average high school goalie. The initial shot hits Santa in the chest, he fails to control the rebound and he gets small so the rebound can go over him into the net. Awful. Hoffman is a way better goalie, he goes side to side fine and has improved a lot since his freshman campaign. That was 2 points lost to bad coaching decision. I don't want to see Santa again until the slu series. Look at the save % last year and tell me who gives the team a better chance to win.

Good comeback tonight to salvage a point. We are better than the results tonight.

Scoring continues to be a problem. Hopefully Phillips can contribute. They deserved 3 points rather than 1 this weekend.

We need Phillips and forgionne

Comment

The initial shot hits Santa in the chest, he fails to control the rebound and he gets small so the rebound can go over him into the net.
                            I'll just agree to disagree because what I saw was the rebound fall in front of him and when he went to cover up the uncovered forward puts it home. You can't let two guys stand in front of the net and expect your goalie not to give up a goal.

I do agree that this team should have come out of the weekend with more then 1 point. And you can bet ND realizes they were pretty lucky to get the points due to some very opportunistic goals and some really solid goaltending.

It was a good test for the team, and despite the results they shouldn't be too disappointed in how they matched up with one of the top teams in the country.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              I'll just agree to disagree because what I saw was the rebound fall in front of him and when he went to cover up the uncovered forward puts it home. You can't let two guys stand in front of the net and expect your goalie not to give up a goal.

I do agree that this team should have come out of the weekend with more then 1 point. And you can bet ND realizes they were pretty lucky to get the points due to some very opportunistic goals and some really solid goaltending.

It was a good test for the team, and despite the results they shouldn't be too disappointed in how they matched up with one of the top teams in the country.

just look at the save % and tell me it makes sense to play him versus Hoffman.....

Comment

just look at the save % and tell me it makes sense to play him versus Hoffman.....
                                save percentage is an illusory stat especially when looking at this small a sample size.

Comment

Working...
                                X