PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Bye Week: 10/17 & 10/18

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SanTropez
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
We play these guys again, much too early in the season.

Talk about boring hockey too, like watching Bucky play.

Gophers sweep

gopher wes
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Week off until we get to watch them on a couple actual broadcasts with announcers and (hopefully) camera angles that don't change right as a guy is shooting.....? Ugh....

Koho
10-13-2014, 10:58 PM
We play these guys again, much too early in the season.

Talk about boring hockey too, like watching Bucky play.

Gophers sweep

Been watching Gophs for decades, and they have never taken a point against Bye.

And does this mean we have to wait a week before the 3 remaining posters on USCHO can start making Beaver jokes?

The Rube
10-13-2014, 11:02 PM

And does this mean we have to wait a week before the 3 remaining posters on USCHO can start making Beaver jokes?

Beaver jokes. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. *sigh*

gopher wes
10-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Beaver jokes. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. *sigh*
Ha!

Steve_MN
10-14-2014, 09:47 AM
I've been worried about this weekend for just that reason. I hate seeing Bye on the schedule this early, I prefer teams that the Gophers have a fighting chance of actually chalking up a win against.

On the plus side, the Gophers have never lost to Bye either.

D2D
10-14-2014, 01:21 PM
On the plus side, the Gophers have never lost to Bye either.

Nor have they actually tied Bye either. Pretty boring if you ask me. And they don't even a nickname! How dumb is that? :rolleyes:

Steve_MN
10-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Nor have they actually tied Bye either. Pretty boring if you ask me. And they don't even a nickname! How dumb is that? :rolleyes:
What I don't get is why they even bother putting this series on the schedule. Seems a waste of time and effort for no results one way or another at the end of the year.

Tiggsy
10-14-2014, 02:40 PM

Wait, the number of posters about the Beaver series has been shaved down? Dam.

Screw bye. Pound onward to the beavers.

SanTropez
10-14-2014, 04:06 PM
We will need to pound the puck in deep against the beavers, offensive penetration into the zone is key.

D2D
10-14-2014, 04:30 PM
We will need to pound the puck in deep against the beavers, offensive penetration into the zone is key.

Also go five hole on the goalie. And he's very soft on rebounds! You need to move in and out of those dirty areas very quickly! :eek:

Koho
10-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Also go five hole on the goalie. And he's very soft on rebounds! You need to move in and out of those dirty areas very quickly! :eek:

Problem is, the pads can get in the way and it can get very hairy in the crease.

Stauber1
10-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Problem is, the pads can get in the way and it can get very hairy in the crease.

I think everyone can agree that when you see pads, it's time to pull up and look for a different opening.

SanTropez
10-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I think everyone can agree that when you see pads, it's time to pull up and look for a different opening.

True, finding your wing man back door is probably the play here.

Koho
10-14-2014, 07:27 PM
True, finding your wing man back door is probably the play here.

not that hat play can't get a little greasy when in tight. (not quite the same effect as in a beaver game thread where you know you are annoying both beaver fans there because they hear it all the time.)

huskyfan
10-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Bye must have quite the team this year. we play them this week also. although they are tough to beat - we haven't done it yet either - the thing I like about them is that they are always willing to travel and never ask for 2 for 1 home ice.

beaverhockeyfan
10-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Bye must have quite the team this year. we play them this week also. although they are tough to beat - we haven't done it yet either - the thing I like about them is that they are always willing to travel and never ask for 2 for 1 home ice.

BSU is playing them as well.....

Koho
10-15-2014, 07:08 PM
There is a fan of beavers here after all......

SanTropez
10-17-2014, 09:38 AM
non-game day!

gopher wes
10-17-2014, 09:48 AM
non-game day!
Crank it up, baby! Can't even contain my excitement....