PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

mmf
10-13-2014, 04:05 AM
…where porta potties are considered a luxury.

Air Force comes in with a split with Mercyhurst (5-1, 2-4).
Penn State has a tie/win against Connecticut (2-2, 7-1).
UAA beat Maine (3-1) and Wisconsin (4-2) in their Kendall Classic.
UAF beat Wisconsin (1-0) and Maine (5-2) in the Kendall Classic.

Will UAF be a gracious host to their Ex-Coach?
Will Eielson Air Force Base personnel come out in support of the cadets?
Will Tyler Morley play for the host team?
Will any UAA fan read the tournament rule book in advance?

Go Nooks!

hop-less
10-13-2014, 02:46 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if both Alaska teams go 2-0 in this tourney as well.

GoalieEd
10-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I'll just be glad to see a problem free high quality stream that works from WCHA.TV of the games. But I'm betting I'll be frustrated and disappointed like the last two weeks. Oh, and I'll get more lame excuses from support@eversport.tv

UAFHockeyFan314
10-13-2014, 03:08 PM

Go Nooks!

No. It's too complicated.

Jimjamesak
10-13-2014, 03:10 PM
…where porta potties are considered a luxury.

Air Force comes in with a split with Mercyhurst (5-1, 2-4).
Penn State has a tie/win against Connecticut (2-2, 7-1).
UAA beat Maine (3-1) and Wisconsin (4-2) in their Kendall Classic.
UAF beat Wisconsin (1-0) and Maine (5-2) in the Kendall Classic.

Will UAF be a gracious host to their Ex-Coach?
Will Eielson Air Force Base personnel come out in support of the cadets?
Will Tyler Morley play for the host team?

Go Nooks!
Yes.
Probably not.
I don't know.
Hell no! :D

hop-less
10-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Apparently voters felt like the 2 wins Alaska got were more impressive than the 2 wins Anchorage got. Alaska with 113 points and Anchorage with 47. For what it's worth, Alaska had a few points in the pre-season rankings.

uaafanblog
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Voting + America = Joke

UAFHockeyFan314
10-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Brett Cameron suspended by the WCHA for the hit on Saturday. Will miss the Penn State game.

UAA08
10-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Brett Cameron suspended by the WCHA for the hit on Saturday. Will miss the Penn State game.

Thanks for the info.

That's a pretty raw deal for UAA and Brett. I watched that hit like 20 times, and Davison kinda juggled the puck right before contact. Had Davison been in better possession of the puck, he probably would've been able to brace himself for the hit. He was still getting nailed, but maybe his helmet doesn't fly off, and maybe he doesn't end up laying on the ice for as long as he did.

In my opinion, UAA should appeal this suspension.

Alaska Hockey
10-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Apparently voters felt like the 2 wins Alaska got were more impressive than the 2 wins Anchorage got. Alaska with 113 points and Anchorage with 47. For what it's worth, Alaska had a few points in the pre-season rankings.
But the Badgers 2 losses were worth more then either teams 2 wins.

Alaska Hockey
10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
No. It's too complicated.

That why UA_'s tournament rule book is entirely all pictures. ...so the brighter UA_ officials can comprehend it.

Jimjamesak
10-13-2014, 06:39 PM
I hope there is an appeal as well, harsh punishment for something that, according to consensus opinion, was not an egregious hit.

UAFHockeyFan314
10-13-2014, 07:04 PM
I hope there is an appeal as well, harsh punishment for something that, according to consensus opinion, was not an egregious hit.

I don't think it deserved anything in addition to what was served in the game. Shep was there, he saw it in person. And caught the replay. Tough call...

uaafanblog
10-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Here's the hit ... skip to 1:20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa0AHjkY2l4)

bostonbruins
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm considering making the trek north to Fairbanks on Friday. I haven't decided if I'm going to fly up or make the drive however if someone wanted to split the gas I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I'm willing to meet up for a beer this week that way we aren't complete strangers prior to driving north. Feel free to email me if you are interested edhardon@gmail.com.

UAA Seawolves Fan
10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
In my opinion, UAA should appeal this suspension.

Yes it's a raw deal for Brett and the team, as it does seem that the majority believe it was a clean hit that became worse than it should have. Perhaps if Davison had had his helmet secured as it should have been than it wouldn't have come flying off so easily.

That being said, I wouldn't hold out hope for an appeal since it looks like the UAA AD has already been quoted in favor of the suspension (http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209713635): "It’s unfortunate that Brett has received this one-game suspension, but I agree that the WCHA is doing the right thing by limiting contact to the head and emphasizing the health and safety of the student-athletes,” said UAA Athletic Director Keith Hackett

UAA Seawolves Fan
10-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm considering making the trek north to Fairbanks on Friday. I haven't decided if I'm going to fly up or make the drive however if someone wanted to split the gas I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I'm willing to meet up for a beer this week that way we aren't complete strangers prior to driving north. Feel free to email me if you are interested edhardon@gmail.com.

If you're thinking of making the trip, Shawna Palmer at UAA has tickets for the games that can save you a few bucks. I think all of the seats were in the mezzanine near one end of the rink ($38 for both nights)

bostonbruins
10-13-2014, 08:20 PM
If you're thinking of making the trip, Shawna Palmer at UAA has tickets for the games that can save you a few bucks. I think all of the seats were in the mezzanine near one end of the rink ($38 for both nights)

Thank you! Do I just contact her at the athletic department?

UAA Seawolves Fan
10-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Thank you! Do I just contact her at the athletic department?

That would probably be your best bet. shawna@uaa.alaska.edu or 907-786-6163. She has the tickets at the Alaska Airlines Center and she can only take cash or checks (no plastic...)

bostonbruins
10-13-2014, 08:32 PM
That would probably be your best bet. shawna@uaa.alaska.edu or 907-786-6163. She has the tickets at the Alaska Airlines Center and she can only take cash or checks (no plastic...)

Perfect, thanks.