Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

…where porta potties are considered a luxury.

Air Force comes in with a split with Mercyhurst (5-1, 2-4).
    Penn State has a tie/win against Connecticut (2-2, 7-1).
    UAA beat Maine (3-1) and Wisconsin (4-2) in their Kendall Classic.
    UAF beat Wisconsin (1-0) and Maine (5-2) in the Kendall Classic.

Will UAF be a gracious host to their Ex-Coach?
    Will Eielson Air Force Base personnel come out in support of the cadets?
    Will Tyler Morley play for the host team?
    Will any UAA fan read the tournament rule book in advance?

Go Nooks!

Re: 2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if both Alaska teams go 2-0 in this tourney as well.

Comment

I'll just be glad to see a problem free high quality stream that works from WCHA.TV of the games. But I'm betting I'll be frustrated and disappointed like the last two weeks. Oh, and I'll get more lame excuses from support@eversport.tv

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Go Nooks!
        No. It's too complicated.
        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          …where porta potties are considered a luxury.

Air Force comes in with a split with Mercyhurst (5-1, 2-4).
          Penn State has a tie/win against Connecticut (2-2, 7-1).
          UAA beat Maine (3-1) and Wisconsin (4-2) in their Kendall Classic.
          UAF beat Wisconsin (1-0) and Maine (5-2) in the Kendall Classic.

Will UAF be a gracious host to their Ex-Coach?
          Will Eielson Air Force Base personnel come out in support of the cadets?
          Will Tyler Morley play for the host team?

Go Nooks!
          Yes.
          Probably not.
          I don't know.
          Hell no!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Apparently voters felt like the 2 wins Alaska got were more impressive than the 2 wins Anchorage got. Alaska with 113 points and Anchorage with 47. For what it's worth, Alaska had a few points in the pre-season rankings.

Comment

Voting + America = Joke

Comment

Brett Cameron suspended by the WCHA for the hit on Saturday. Will miss the Penn State game.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                  Brett Cameron suspended by the WCHA for the hit on Saturday. Will miss the Penn State game.
                  Thanks for the info.

That's a pretty raw deal for UAA and Brett. I watched that hit like 20 times, and Davison kinda juggled the puck right before contact. Had Davison been in better possession of the puck, he probably would've been able to brace himself for the hit. He was still getting nailed, but maybe his helmet doesn't fly off, and maybe he doesn't end up laying on the ice for as long as he did.

In my opinion, UAA should appeal this suspension.
                  _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                  No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
                    Apparently voters felt like the 2 wins Alaska got were more impressive than the 2 wins Anchorage got. Alaska with 113 points and Anchorage with 47. For what it's worth, Alaska had a few points in the pre-season rankings.
                    But the Badgers 2 losses were worth more then either teams 2 wins.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

No. It's too complicated.
                      That why UA_'s tournament rule book is entirely all pictures. ...so the brighter UA_ officials can comprehend it.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I hope there is an appeal as well, harsh punishment for something that, according to consensus opinion, was not an egregious hit.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I hope there is an appeal as well, harsh punishment for something that, according to consensus opinion, was not an egregious hit.
                          I don't think it deserved anything in addition to what was served in the game. Shep was there, he saw it in person. And caught the replay. Tough call...

Comment

Here's the hit ... skip to 1:20

Comment

I'm considering making the trek north to Fairbanks on Friday. I haven't decided if I'm going to fly up or make the drive however if someone wanted to split the gas I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I'm willing to meet up for a beer this week that way we aren't complete strangers prior to driving north. Feel free to email me if you are interested edhardon@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X