PDA

View Full Version : UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

gomavs#1
02-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Tim McClelland

Tim McClelland? Come on! Who can have a problem with Tim McClelland? Those people need their head checked. I guess George Brett might have a problem with him. But other than that...

gomavs#1
02-18-2015, 07:56 AM
I didn't see the UNO game, and I agree with you in principle about not blaming the refs, but Shep really sucks.

I can give you a quick recap: WMU muscled UNO around. Nothing illegal, just were more physical. UNO thought that playing a team in the bottom end of the league at home meant that they could walk into the Century Link Center and WMU would just lay down their sticks and let us win. WMU did not comply. They out hustled the Mavs, outworked UNO, and wanted it more. That pretty much sums up the game.

SecretAgentMav
02-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Tim McClelland? Come on! Who can have a problem with Tim McClelland?

I'm sure someone... somewhere doesn't like him because he is too tall... or from Des Moines.

gomavs#1
02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm sure someone... somewhere doesn't like him because he is too tall... or from Des Moines.

Ha! Because I was bored (and interested), I looked up that pine tar incident. Didn't know that was McClelland's rookie season of umping. Tough way to come into the league.

Regarding this weekend: split the rest of the way out and we should be in the NCAAs. A sweep would be nice, though unlikely.

SecretAgentMav
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
I am still trying to figure out who the most favorable opponent is for UNO in the first round.
Western has proven they can play with us.
CC has their one conference win against us - did UNO get the message from that game, or does CC have confidence from it?

Depending on how this weekend goes. If UNO sweeps, maybe finishing 3rd, and facing the Huskies is that favorable matchup.

Red Cows
02-19-2015, 03:30 PM
I didn't see the UNO game, and I agree with you in principle about not blaming the refs, but Shep really sucks.

I am not even going to engage in an argument with these guys about the "officiating" last Friday night. I saw what I saw. They saw what they saw. 'nuff said. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do agree that we got manhandled in that game, though.

Red Cows
02-19-2015, 03:51 PM
A little something for the other team's in our conference to ponder, courtesy of John Buccigross:

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/568170791977684992

Red Cows
02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Fun fact of the day.

UNO forward Austin Ortega's all-time NCAA record tying 10 game winning goals this season is equal to or more than the total win count of 16 of the 59 D-1 hockey teams.

SecretAgentMav
02-19-2015, 07:44 PM
I saw what I saw.

That eye chart you hold up for the officials... you should probably test yourself.

5thYearFreshman
02-20-2015, 09:02 AM
That eye chart you hold up for the officials... you should probably test yourself.

Hard to argue about bad referees when you're arguing against a referee

gomavs#1
02-20-2015, 01:48 PM
A road sweep would be huge, but I'm guessing a split this weekend. Massa shows up, we should be able to come home with at least three points.

SCSU Euro
02-22-2015, 01:25 AM
Depending on how this weekend goes. If UNO sweeps, maybe finishing 3rd, and facing the Huskies is that favorable matchup.

How ya feeling about that now?

mcfarljd
02-22-2015, 02:28 AM
How ya feeling about that now?

Burnnnnnn. Thanks SCSU. Might be a two horse race to the cup now.

But how insanely deep is this conference. Screw Notre and ASU, 8 is all we need.

MAVFANJEFF
02-22-2015, 02:42 AM
A while back I was scolded for saying blaise needs to go. He needs to go. 3 minutes from being swept and he's just standing behind the bench saying/doing nothing. Another late season melt down. Brace yourselves guys here it comes. Anyone who thinks our players believe they are good enough to win a championship needs to put down the crack pipe. They are good enough but they don't believe in themselves so it won't happen. They need to be coached to believe and conduct themselves accordingly. Ortega was wandering the ice like he was lost. Good passing but neutral zone battles were something like an ice cream social. UMD isn't going to be any easier.

Dirty
02-22-2015, 07:21 AM
I have always felt that the first requirement for a fan demanding a coach be fired should be the fan knowing how to spell the coach's name.

5thYearFreshman
02-22-2015, 10:33 AM
I have always felt that the first requirement for a fan demanding a coach be fired should be the fan knowing how to spell the coach's name.

+1

MAVFANJEFF
02-22-2015, 02:51 PM
I always thought that showing a coach the respect he thinks he deserves by spelling his name correctly meant that he earned it by winning. blaze is headed for another meltdown.

gomavs#1
02-22-2015, 05:00 PM
SCSU thoroughly dominated UNO Saturday. Well earned sweep - the first one the Mavs have surrendered this year. Seems as if our late season choke antics have returned. Need a split and a sweep to make sure NCAAs are in play. How bad of a meltdown this would be if a top 5 Pairwise team with three weekends to go ends up not qualifying for the tourney.

Dirty
02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Perhaps you're right, Geoff.

gomavs#1
02-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Regarding Blais, late season collapse or not, no way should Blais go. He has a team full of freshmen in the hunt going down to the final two weeks of the season. We're missing our captain and are going to a new arena next year. There's no way he goes.