Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Wait... UNO fans are blaming the refs for the loss!?!? Haha ya keep dreaming. I don't know if the Broncs played out of their minds or UNO just sucked tonight. But it was not the refs that lost that game.

Comment

Mavs were out worked in a typical Bronco style hockey game

If WMU would of "finished" on some of their other grade A scoring chances, this game would have been a route
      Last edited by BroncoFever; 02-14-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

The refs had nothing to do with that loss (although curious that we get a 5-minute major while one of our freshmen got their head taken off with a ridiculous boarding no-call).

WMU outworked, outplayed, outeverythinged the Mavs on Friday. UNO deserved to lose that and they proved YET AGAIN that they play down to their competition. Won't win any conference titles playing like that - NCAAs in jeopardy if they can't get that figured out.
        If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFever View Post
          Mavs were out worked in a typical Bronco style hockey game

If WMU would of "finished" on some of their other grade A scoring chances, this game would have been a route
          A good part of the reason they didn't "finish" some of their scoring chances had much to do with the best goalie in the NCHC in the net for UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
            A good part of the reason they didn't "finish" some of their scoring chances had much to do with the best goalie in the NCHC in the net for UNO.
            he was very good tonight, IMO

Comment

With giving up the last-minute goal, UNO's Austin Ortega ties the NCAA record for game winning goals at 10 goals. Hate to see a shutout disappear in the final minute, but not a bad deal this time around.

A couple undisciplined penalties by WMU cost them big. UNO got away with a couple for sure, but thoroughly dominated the play in the second half of the game for sure.
              Last edited by gomavs#1; 02-15-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFever View Post
                he was very good tonight, IMO
                I agree...thought he played near his best. I was impressed with WMU's goalie this weekend as well.

Comment

The refs had nothing to do with that loss (although curious that we get a 5-minute major while one of our freshmen got their head taken off with a ridiculous boarding no-call).

WMU outworked, outplayed, outeverythinged the Mavs on Friday. UNO deserved to lose that and they proved YET AGAIN that they play down to their competition. Won't win any conference titles playing like that - NCAAs in jeopardy if they can't get that figured out.
                  A butt end to the back of a players head will get anyone a 5, regardless of who is refing.

Your undersized freshman didn't have his head taken off, as it was just a clean/solid body check by a much bigger stronger Bronco that sent him flying. Even your own UNO announcers praised the clean/legal hit

You'll thank the Broncos next weekend, but then again, I'm sure it will be because the Sioux "played down to the level of competition", like UMD did earlier this year

Comment

I agree...thought he played near his best. I was impressed with WMU's goalie this weekend as well.
                    He played well Friday, but I would like to have seen Hafner get the start tonight

Comment

UNO is back to a tie for first in the NCHC with UND losing in the shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        Wow, imagine that.

A poorly officiated home UNO game involving both Todd Lacina and Derek Shepherd.
                        I'm not sure why you would make this comment. The officials had no bearing on this contest. UNO came out strong for 5 minutes, then did nothing until the final 5 minutes. Your comment should read: A poorly played home UNO game.

Comment

If you are talking about this hit on Vesel, it was never a penalty. Contact was 12.5 feet from the boards. Vesel just fell awkwardly. It looked bad, but it wasn't a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            I told my wife, pre-game, when I saw they were two of the officials in this game, that UNO was done before it even started.

Seriously, I did.

What a lousy thing to be right about.
                            What an embarassing post for UNO fans. You make us look like whiners who show up to the rink defeated.
                            To be honest, I saw nothing to fault the officials for.

Comment

• Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                              Some would say the best goalie was at CC last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                Some would say the best goalie was at CC last weekend
                                Some indeed might say that. Those some would be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X