Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    Seriously, what is the major malfunction? This wasn't as bad as getting swept by Bemidji at home a few years back, but this is getting ridiculous
    To be fair, you played a team whose season was on the line. NHL players always say, by FAR the hardest win to get in Stanley Cup playoff series is the 4th one. Its not easy to end someone's season. We found that out after winning the Penrose last year then taking on Miami.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      To be fair, you played a team whose season was on the line. NHL players always say, by FAR the hardest win to get in Stanley Cup playoff series is the 4th one. Its not easy to end someone's season. We found that out after winning the Penrose last year then taking on Miami.
      While that might be true...we have yet to go to a second round of a conference playoff in MANY, MANY years. I can't remember the last time we made it to the second round. The excuses for our February/March record pile up every year. This year it is that we played a team on the ropes. I'll wait for next year's excuses.
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        This year it is that we played a team on the ropes. I'll wait for next year's excuses.
        Wow, I can't say I agree with this statement.

SCSU was a Frozen 4 team last season with 17 upper classmen this season.

Their regular season along with Minnesota's are arguably the biggest underachieving seasons in the country this year.

We swept them here earlier in the season in games we did not really play well in. Go look at the stats of those two games.

We were (and, are) in the NCAA tourney no matter what happened this weekend. THEY were playing for their very lives. Couple that with they are not a team we match-up very well with and this outcome didn't really surprise me much at all. I, frankly, did not expect to win this series and, we didn't. I had higher hopes, actually, if we could get by them because I though they easily presented the worst first round trouble we could have gotten ourselves into. We played better, collectively, this season against North Dakota than we did in our games with SCSU.

Is SCSU going to win the NCHC tourney? Dunno. But, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did. They are going to have the best "home ice" advantage of any team there, probably. They are a very battle-tested team despite whatever might have gone on during the regular season. They spent a ton of time having the biggest disparity of any team in the country in their Pairwise ranking and their KRACH ranking, where they were substantially higher.

Today, a week ago, a month ago, if you had asked me who the most underrated team in the entire country was, I would not and still would not hesitate to say that team is SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Is SCSU going to win the NCHC tourney? Dunno. But, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did. They are going to have the best "home ice" advantage of any team there, probably.
          Appreciate the sentiment, but UND will have the most fans there, and it won't be close. We'll probably have the second most, then honestly there may be more tUMD fans there than fans of the winner of the WMU/Miami game tonight or DU fans. Heck, there might be more Gopher fans than DU fans. The green and black are an infestation; you've seen how many they've brought down to Omaha, and Minneapolis is a lot closer. Plus a lot of UND fans are now in the Twin Cities, 'cause while UND is a good school, nobody wants to stay in North Dakota.

There will be green and black everywhere and Sioux Yeah Yeahs in surround sound. The one thing we'll have going for us is that everyone there not cheering for UND will be cheering AGAINST UND, other than maybe if we play UND and some knowledgeable Miami, DU and tUMD fans know that us losing could kick us out of the tournament.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Appreciate the sentiment, but UND will have the most fans there, and it won't be close. We'll probably have the second most, then honestly there may be more tUMD fans there than fans of the winner of the WMU/Miami game tonight or DU fans. Heck, there might be more Gopher fans than DU fans. The green and black are an infestation; you've seen how many they've brought down to Omaha, and Minneapolis is a lot closer. Plus a lot of UND fans are now in the Twin Cities, 'cause while UND is a good school, nobody wants to stay in North Dakota.

There will be green and black everywhere and Sioux Yeah Yeahs in surround sound. The one thing we'll have going for us is that everyone there not cheering for UND will be cheering AGAINST UND, other than maybe if we play UND and some knowledgeable Miami, DU and tUMD fans know that us losing could kick us out of the tournament.
            Yup, it will be a majority of UND fans and the NCHC organizers will breath a sigh of relief that we made it into the Frozen Faceoff again.

As for the no one likes to stay in GF, you've been to St. Cloud I'm assuming right? Had friends that lived there and they got out as soon as they graduated to move back to GF. Myself, I owned a condo in downtown Minneapolis and worked there too for 3 years. Packed up and moved back to Grand Forks because I was sick of it. I know it's something people like to say to mess with ND fans but we're perfectly content in GF... except that it's ********** cold

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
              Yup, it will be a majority of UND fans and the NCHC organizers will breath a sigh of relief that we made it into the Frozen Faceoff again.

As for the no one likes to stay in GF, you've been to St. Cloud I'm assuming right? Had friends that lived there and they got out as soon as they graduated to move back to GF. Myself, I owned a condo in downtown Minneapolis and worked there too for 3 years. Packed up and moved back to Grand Forks because I was sick of it. I know it's something people like to say to mess with ND fans but we're perfectly content in GF... except that it's ********** cold
              Honestly, I've looked at radio gigs in Grand Forks. Grand Forks is big enough where there's stuff to do. Its the rest of the state. I lived in Beulah for 6 months, and that was 9 months too long

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post

As for the no one likes to stay in GF, you've been to St. Cloud I'm assuming right? Had friends that lived there and they got out as soon as they graduated to move back to GF.
                You had friends that moved home after college? Tell me more.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  You had friends that moved home after college? Tell me more.
                  Well they graduated from SCSU so they obviously couldn't get a job and had to move back in with mom and dad.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Well they graduated from SCSU so they obviously couldn't get a job and had to move back in with mom and dad.
                    Yup, thought that was pretty obvious

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Honestly, I've looked at radio gigs in Grand Forks. Grand Forks is big enough where there's stuff to do. Its the rest of the state. I lived in Beulah for 6 months, and that was 9 months too long
                      Yeah, don't live in Beulah...ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Population of Grand Forks must be skyrocketing because of all the jobs there, huh?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                          Yeah, don't live in Beulah...ever
                          But its the 13th largest city in that state!

Comment

Upper level student tickets are $36.00 which isn't bad. Certainly tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                              Upper level student tickets are $36.00 which isn't bad. Certainly tempting.
                              Wait... for the Frozen Faceoff for the whole weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Wait... for the Frozen Faceoff for the whole weekend?
                                Yeah. They haven't gone on sale yet. Upper level but still a solid deal. Not sure how many they're opening up for students.

Comment

Working...
                                X