PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Larson210
11-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm not gonna say this is a must sweep weekend but I would sure feel a lot better if they can pick up 3. Interested to see who will be getting the starts in between the pipes. I'm looking for a much improved Federico and more great play from L. Smith. GO BOBCATS

BigAl
11-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Saw a lot better play tonight. Garteig was much improved. He was where he needed to be positioninal wise. First goal hit off Barron so it wasn't his fault. Didn't get a great glimpse of their second but his open net save was great. Offensively we didn't look great outside the PP. St Denis' return was a boost. I think he's the most underrated player on the team. Also Derek Smith made a big leap this year and he is turning into one of our best defenseman if not the best so far this year. Oh yea the refs sucked tonight both ways. I expect tomorrow to be chippy.

See you all there

MarkEagleUSA
11-01-2014, 09:10 PM
A very good game with some great moments. Gartieg was solid making the saves he needed to. Their 2nd goal was Roy slapping away at Gatzy's pads and the puck trickled in 5-hole. Defense was much better tonight. Offense was ok but not up to their potential IMHO.

Why is it that the ECAC refs are so bad? I know Rand doesn't help with all his chirping but tonight he was justified. St Denis took 2 calls that were beyond questionable and Tim Clifton's charging late in the 3rd was laughable... he was going to the net WITH the puck. That end if game PK was fantastic.

Overall a nice job. Need more of the same tomorrow.

MarkEagleUSA
11-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Game day at the Bank!

Need more of yesterday's performance and then some. They have the talent and the ability... all they need is the desire, and they seemed to have that last night. Just do it again today boys!

Go Q!

allnightwong
11-02-2014, 10:32 AM
They definitely played a more complete game. IMO the Schutt, Taverner, Jonzzon line was the strongest group of the evening. Anas seems to be trying to do too much and its causing him to deviate from his game. Garts was strong but there was still too many extended in zone stays for the Huskies. More so than anything else, I thought Northeastern stunk. They resembled more of a mid level AHA team than a once proud HE club. Their net minder was strong throughout, stifling many QU bids.

Today is a should and borderline must win game. Beat NE while their down and get back over .500 heading into a brutal opening ECAC weekend. Also, I see no reason to not give the Renoufs a go prior to league play. No one else is really elevating their game enough to continue to top them.

Forgot to mention... not sure what the obsession with MacMaster is. He hasn't shown me a glimpse of anything. I understand spreading the wealth, but right now Smith, St. Denis and even Schutt are far superior hockey players and I'd love to see one of them paired with Anas and Peca.

Dutchman
11-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Nice Sweep QU ..... great comback being down by 2 .....

vicb
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
WOW, looking at todays box score looked more like an NHL game with all the penalties.
I see St Denis managed to collect two 10 min misconducts, one in period 2 and one at the end of the game. :eek:

MarkEagleUSA
11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
After a dismal 1st when NU controlled everything, the boys battled back and took the win for the sweep! Not their best performance but they showed a ton of heart. Garts was good... no chance on the 1st 2 goals. Landon Smith is a stud! The kid really showed what he's capable of this weekend. The Peca-Anas-Smith line worked really well until Peca got tweaked and missed a couple of shifts.

Great way to get ready for league play next weekend.

MarkEagleUSA
11-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I see St Denis managed to collect two 10 min misconducts, one in period 2 and one at the end of the game. :eek:Big scrum at the end of the game. Someone ran Peca and everyone reacted.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-02-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2014/11/2/7147167/quinnipiac-hockey-beats-northeastern-4-3-soren-jonzzon-mike-szmatula-sam-anas

lugnut92
11-03-2014, 02:34 PM
It’s obviously very early in the season, but I’ve gotten my season simulator fired up to see what KRACH says the final standings will be. I update every Sunday based on the week's games. Come have a look in the thread (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?111013-ECAC-Projected-Standings-2014-15)!

CanadaKen
11-04-2014, 01:05 PM
WOW, looking at todays box score looked more like an NHL game with all the penalties.
I see St Denis managed to collect two 10 min misconducts, one in period 2 and one at the end of the game. :eek:
Travis may list at 5'7" 160 but he plays with a 6'3" 220 heart. ;)

CK

BigAl
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Cause everyones been begging me for an update on our pro guys (im joking of course):

Eric Hartzell-Wilkes-Barre (AHL) 1GP 1-0 2.00 GAA 913%
David Marshall-Reading (ECHL) 4GP 1G 1A
BVB-Adirondack (AHL) 9GP 2G 2A -5
Kellen Jones-Bakersfield (ECHL) 9GP 7A +3
Connor Jones-Bakersfield (ECHL) 9GP 3G 4A +2
Mike Dalhuisen-Texas (AHL) Hasn't played
Zach Davies-Reading (ECHL) 6GP 2G 3A
JST-Rochester (AHL) 5GP 1A -1
Jeremy Langlois-Worcester (AHL) 7GP 4A -4
Scott Zurevinski- Not on any roster
Zach Currie-Evansville (ECHL) 3GP 1A

QUAlum2004
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I'll be digging up recruit stats and updates sometime this week.

MSchvatz44
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Cause everyones been begging me for an update on our pro guys (im joking of course):

Eric Hartzell-Wilkes-Barre (AHL) 1GP 1-0 2.00 GAA 913%
David Marshall-Reading (ECHL) 4GP 1G 1A
BVB-Adirondack (AHL) 9GP 2G 2A -5
Kellen Jones-Bakersfield (ECHL) 9GP 7A +3
Connor Jones-Bakersfield (ECHL) 9GP 3G 4A +2
Mike Dalhuisen-Texas (AHL) Hasn't played
Zach Davies-Reading (ECHL) 6GP 2G 3A
JST-Rochester (AHL) 5GP 1A -1
Jeremy Langlois-Worcester (AHL) 7GP 4A -4
Scott Zurevinski- Not on any roster
Zach Currie-Evansville (ECHL) 3GP 1A

Well it's about time... ;)

QUAlum2004
11-05-2014, 08:39 PM
The loss to UConn doesn't look as bad since they beat BC tonight.

BigAl
11-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Well it's about time... ;)

Surprised Hartzell has only played once. Dalsy must be hurt. Jones look like they'll get pulled up soon

allnightwong
11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
The loss to UConn doesn't look as bad since they beat BC tonight.

Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde teamů loss (7-1) and a tie to Penn St, (0-3-1) against Yale, Merrimack and Vermont, and a 2-4-2 overall record but those two wins stand outů

Granted, besides the 7-1 debacle in the second game of the Penn State trip, the Huskies have been competitive in every game. Their record probably isn't indicative of how good this team can be and according to some on site accounts the XL Center was bumping last night. This is all great stuff for CT hockey. Yale and QU have built such a strong foundation in the New Haven county area, for that to spread north, is excellent. All the best to Uconn Hockey, a team that I will be pulling for in their first year of HE competition. As an aside, we inch closer to a true Nutmeg Cup. So, come on Sacred Heartů put on your big boy pants and pony up.

Looking forward to Gate and Cornell at the Bank this weekend, two quality teams. It's not an ideal way to start the league slate, but lately, is there really an easy road pairing anymore? 3 points should be an attainable goal. Garteig seems to have settled in regaining some footing in his role. Smith/Peca/Anas is a dynamic line. I was pleading for MacMaster to be bumped off that top line and the rejuvenation in Peca and Anas' play when he finally was, was incredible. Smith can be a game changer with those guys. It might also not be a bad idea for MacMaster to find his collegiate game in less of a showcase role. Here's to a good weekend and #20 coming out of the tunnel unscathed from last weekend!

FredDavenport
11-06-2014, 08:41 AM
A Huge tip pf the hat to our neighbors at UConn. Congrats on the 1st Hockey East Game, the crowd, the facility, and of course the win. This us HUGE for college hockey, UConn and the entire State of CT!! Congrats Coach Cav :-)

MarkEagleUSA
11-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Game day at the Bank!

A little payback for Lake Placid would be nice...

Everyone says 'Gate is the team to beat this year so let's just go out and do it!

Go Q!