PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

critsports
03-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Given the other choices, it's a good thing. Q, SLU and Gate are all about even. Yale and Union were coming hard. Harvard's a step down from them, and a team with a good offense should kill them.

I think in the end.....you can throw a blanket over any of these teams and I would not be surprised if any of them won it. Another week of rest will make Harvard even tougher as others have pointed out...for the first time since the beginning of the season they have all their players on the ice. McNally isn't 100% from what I have heard, but to have the best player on your team back....be he 70-80% is still a good thing.
Of all the teams, I think we may be the least experienced. We have certainly over achieved and Gate has had our number this year, although, both of our losses to them were from much earlier in the season.
I really think between the Beanpot and some other match ups that Harvard is probably the most "battle tested." Gate also had some pretty good out of conference experience from earlier in the year as well. Your team doesn't have the "wow" factor (Peca, Anas and Garteig aside), but you've been solid with 4 lines and played well bell to bell. If I had to handicap the race at this point I would pick it in this order......Harvard, Colgate, Quinnipiac and SLU.

This may be old news and don't know if it was posted on this thread but here is a video of one of your recruits. This was posted on the SLU Facebook thread and I thought I'd share it..... http://www.wisn.com/sports/the-jr-admirals-hat-trick/31727924

DownOnTheFarm
03-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Since the ECAC is so nice to charge $10 a game I didn't watch any of the games over the weekend so to anyone who did see it, what happened to Anas?

Here is the video. Only gives you 90 seconds total to watch (as a preview), so you can find it at the 56:19 time stamp

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-15/Quinnipiac-Union

Right off the faceoff, looks like Union #17 lost his footing while making a play for the puck and just fell right into Anas's knee. Clean play, honest effort, just unfortunate outcome.

It honestly looks like he hyper-extended his knee, which most of these injuries take a week or so to heel completely. Fingers crossed that it was not severe and he can make it back on the ice this weekend. If not the NCAAs is where he is more valuable to us!

BigAl
03-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Word i' ve heard is sprained ACL. If so, he would definitely not be playing this weekend. If it is not his ACL specifically, he would still be very unlikely to play this weekend.

To be honest, I dont see a scenario that we win this thing this weekend. I didnt get a chance to see any of the Union games so I'm not saying this based on this past weekend. Harvard has everyone back, albeit not 100% but they are all back. If we were to get by Harvard, I just dont see us beating SLU in Lake Placid. SLU is a scary team.

ECAC enthusiasts are rooting against us because the ECAC has a shot to get 3 teams in if we lose. Obviously, I'll still be rooting for the boys to return to Hamden with some more hardware and possibly a 2 seed in the tournament. If all goes as plan and we make the tourney, I'll hopefully see some of you next weekend in Providence? (fingers crossed) or Manchester? (i'll take it)

DownOnTheFarm
03-17-2015, 12:25 AM
If all goes as plan and we make the tourney

What do you mean "if"? Q already has an auto bid for the regular season championship.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-17-2015, 12:47 AM
What do you mean "if"? Q already has an auto bid for the regular season championship.

Um, no.

MarkEagleUSA
03-17-2015, 02:11 AM
What do you mean "if"? Q already has an auto bid for the regular season championship.The autobid goes to the tournament winner not the regular season winner.

DownOnTheFarm
03-17-2015, 02:12 AM
The autobid goes to the tournament winner not the regular season winner.

I must have read something wrong then. I could have sworn I saw that it was the regular season winner out of the ECAC.

MarkEagleUSA
03-17-2015, 02:32 AM
I must have read something wrong then. I could have sworn I saw that it was the regular season winner out of the ECAC.All the conferences send their tourney winner. At one point both the RSC and tourney winner got autobids but that changed when the NCAA's went from 12 to 16 teams IIRC.

DownOnTheFarm
03-17-2015, 02:38 AM
All the conferences send their tourney winner. At one point both the RSC and tourney winner got autobids but that changed when the NCAA's went from 12 to 16 teams IIRC.

Roger that. Thanks for the edu-ma-cation.

Got 6, Want More
03-17-2015, 08:00 AM
All the conferences send their tourney winner. At one point both the RSC and tourney winner got autobids but that changed when the NCAA's went from 12 to 16 teams IIRC.

Actually, I think it changed when the MAAC split into CHA and AHA and the NCAA couldn't tolerate four teams from those two leagues getting in. As the PWR shows none would get in without the Autobid for the AHA which will likely knock an ECAC team on the fence out of contention. The fact two teams in'good' shape (HU/QU) playing each other ups the chances for other teams with a sliver of hope!

BobNY
03-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Quinnipiac hockey team watching star player closely after injury
http://foxct.com/2015/03/17/quinnipiac-hockey-team-watching-star-player-closely-after-injury/

QUAlum2004
03-18-2015, 07:29 PM
College Hockey News is reporting Sam Anas is out for the rest of the ECAC tournament and possibly some of the NCAA tournament should we reach it.

ZYanksRule
03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
College Hockey News is reporting Sam Anas is out for the rest of the ECAC tournament and possibly some of the NCAA tournament should we reach it.

And Brian Sullivan reports Quinnipiac has confirmed Anas is out this weekend. Really, really rough break. That's hockey, though. Next man up. No excuses, because everybody deals with it.

BigAl
03-18-2015, 10:51 PM
For some reason, I have a gut feeling we will see Sam Anas. Why would Quinnipiac confirm this when they stay hush on every other injury the last 4 years? Rand said himself on FoxCT, "I dont now if hes going to play, and if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

joecct
03-18-2015, 10:56 PM
I must have read something wrong then. I could have sworn I saw that it was the regular season winner out of the ECAC.
Yes. But when the CHA and MAAC came around, the number of AQ's would have been too much, so they did away with the rule. In addition, there was the "Clarkson Rule" where if you won the RS and the tournament, you got a bye in the tournament. Unfortunately for Clarkson, they (we) lost every time they had the bye.

BobNY
03-18-2015, 11:09 PM
For some reason, I have a gut feeling we will see Sam Anas. Why would Quinnipiac confirm this when they stay hush on every other injury the last 4 years? Rand said himself on FoxCT, "I dont now if hes going to play, and if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

My Wife just said the same thing. I hope you are correct !!

DownOnTheFarm
03-18-2015, 11:48 PM
I am not holding my breathe that's for sure. Although he has been posting pictures on social media, which I doubt a kid like him would do if he wasn't going to be playing. At least I know I would be too upset to even think about social media.

FINGERS CROSSED! I want to see a full, solid squad this weekend! I do love that Q is forcing me to go to the bar at 1 PM to drink and watch them play, gotta love the time difference.

vicb
03-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Less than 36 hours to get your picks in. Must be in by 4PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?112359-ECAC-Pick-The-Playoffs-2015&p=6129100#post6129100

Saints#1
03-19-2015, 06:40 AM
I am not holding my breathe that's for sure. Although he has been posting pictures on social media, which I doubt a kid like him would do if he wasn't going to be playing. At least I know I would be too upset to even think about social media.

FINGERS CROSSED! I want to see a full, solid squad this weekend! I do love that Q is forcing me to go to the bar at 1 PM to drink and watch them play, gotta love the time difference.

Just hop a flight to Lake Placid and catch the game in person at 4:00pm? ;)

DownOnTheFarm
03-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Just hop a flight to Lake Placid and catch the game in person at 4:00pm? ;)

Haha, I will start a GoFundMe account, any and all donations are appreciated.